Hey Niketalk

Yeah I saw his list...I saw all that hard stuff then Brand New lol

John ur holiday show at chain with fotograph and the summer set was crucial...his cover of "ima buy you a drank" is awesome

Originally Posted by John Ohh

Craftsy-I am not sure what type of music you listen to, but these are some of my favorites if it matters.
-A Rocket to the moon
-The Rocket Summer
-Phoenix-Kings Of Leon
-Ivory
-Scene Aesthetic
-Sparks the Rescue
I have a few more, any particular genres?
I know Kings of Leon and The Rocket Summer - both are okay i guess. I'll go through some of those other names..

My particular taste is mostly umm.. hmm, i don't know the "scene" words are well as I should, i'm terrible at labeling genres but let'ssay indie pop/rock - I have loved most of the Sub-Pop releases for a long time now...

I mean, some of my recent playlist selections range from.. The Shins, Fleet Foxes, Iron and Wine, Great Lake Swimmers, Sufjan Stevens, Good Old War, OkkervilRiver... but I listen to some stuff a bit closer to you guys too... bands like Bayside, Jack's Mannequin, and Say Anything will always hold a place in myheart, along with Punchline and The Starting Line.. Pompeii and The Narrative are probably somewhere in between those two islands I just listed.

So anything in that range.. from pure folk to punk pop is fair game to me. Just don't really care for metal/screamo/hardcore stuff too much.. much ratherenjoy indie/electronic/ambient/noise pop type stuff than anything with screaming and crazy guitar slashing.

I never knew there was so many people who listened to rock. The Rock thread in Music is always dead

wth is this ? ?
grin.gif

So because I listen to some heavy stuff I cant listen to some lighter stuff?

People really need to broaden their horizons. Like I said music is music, if it sounds good its good, no matter the genre.

EDIT:Not trying to thread jack or anything but has anyone been to the no fear tour this year (lamb of god, COB, as i lay dying, municipal waste) how was it. Itwill be here tuesday, I cant wait.

I dont really mess wit rock. but the song and video is pretty tight.
Keep doing your thing fam, and just be sure to keep your flame suit on if your going to post anything.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PONRinthisWGM

So because I listen to some heavy stuff I cant listen to some lighter stuff?

People really need to broaden their horizons. Like I said music is music, if it sounds good its good, no matter the genre.

No I think its awesome you do that, but just the list looked funny...I range from Kanye to Chiodos to the Summer Set

Respect forsure...

The music forum is all rap except for 1 thread, but if you havent heard of Drake you need to
eek.gif
...dude has talent

^I listen to a little rap, drakes really not my steez. I have heard alot of good things though, maybe I will give him another shot soon.

Rappers I like: Murs, doom, quasimoto, LB, brother ali,em, and alot of underground rappers.

I also am starting to get into alot of older rap music, Geto boys, fat boys, slick rick etc...

What up John. Ive definitely heard of you guys before but I havent really listened to much. I did listen to you on punk goes crunk though. Are you gonna be onthe warped tour the whole time? Ill be at the Indianapolis stop most likely and I'll have to come check your stage out when you play. Good luck witheverything bro.

And I think youre gonna like it here. Dont get your feelings hurt if someone says something about you. NT is great for the main reason of people flaming oneanother and the perfect use of some pictures or a gif.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Craftsy-I am not sure what type of music you listen to, but these are some of my favorites if it matters.
-A Rocket to the moon
-The Rocket Summer
-Phoenix-Kings Of Leon
-Ivory
-Scene Aesthetic
-Sparks the Rescue
I know Kings of Leon and The Rocket Summer - both are okay i guess. I'll go through some of those other names..

My particular taste is mostly umm.. hmm, i don't know the "scene" words are well as I should, i'm terrible at labeling genres but let's say indie pop/rock - I have loved most of the Sub-Pop releases for a long time now...

I mean, some of my recent playlist selections range from.. The Shins, Fleet Foxes, Iron and Wine, Great Lake Swimmers, Sufjan Stevens, Good Old War, Okkervil River... but I listen to some stuff a bit closer to you guys too... bands like Bayside, Jack's Mannequin, and Say Anything will always hold a place in my heart, along with Punchline and The Starting Line.. Pompeii and The Narrative are probably somewhere in between those two islands I just listed.

So anything in that range.. from pure folk to punk pop is fair game to me. Just don't really care for metal/screamo/hardcore stuff too much.. much rather enjoy indie/electronic/ambient/noise pop type stuff than anything with screaming and crazy guitar slashing.
I dig these bands/acts so much, sam beam and bemis are two of the best lyricists in their scenes right now. Do you like bon iver?

Ecook0808 wrote:
Yeah I saw his list...I saw all that hard stuff then Brand New lol

John ur holiday show at chain with fotograph and the summer set was crucial...his cover of "ima buy you a drank" is awesome
Nathan covered that song great.�I still remember the�after effects of that show.
��

Originally Posted by Wryneck

-A Rocket to the moon
-The Rocket Summer
-Phoenix-Kings Of Leon
-Ivory
-Scene Aesthetic
-Sparks the Rescue

My particular taste is mostly umm.. hmm, i don't know the "scene" words are well as I should, i'm terrible at labeling genres but let's say indie pop/rock - I have loved most of the Sub-Pop releases for a long time now...

I mean, some of my recent playlist selections range from.. The Shins, Fleet Foxes, Iron and Wine, Great Lake Swimmers, Sufjan Stevens, Good Old War, Okkervil River... but I listen to some stuff a bit closer to you guys too... bands like Bayside, Jack's Mannequin, and Say Anything will always hold a place in my heart, along with Punchline and The Starting Line.. Pompeii and The Narrative are probably somewhere in between those two islands I just listed.

So anything in that range.. from pure folk to punk pop is fair game to me. Just don't really care for metal/screamo/hardcore stuff too much.. much rather enjoy indie/electronic/ambient/noise pop type stuff than anything with screaming and crazy guitar slashing.
I dig these bands/acts so much, sam beam and bemis are two of the best lyricists in their scenes right now. Do you like bon iver?

Bon Iver is my man. "Skinny Love" might be my song of 2008. Freaking great.

I think we will be at all the warped tour stops. I do not know for sure if we will play at everyone. And craftsy,I'll have to get back to you. There arealot of bands I could list, I'll hopefully have a list comprimised for you by this week. Check out Bon Iver if you like woodsy music. Maybe even Ronnie Dayif you like acoustic.Thanks for the support Creekshow.

Kings of Leon are the ****, I just got into them recently and I love them.

John, do you like any of the following groups: Her Space Holiday, PlayRadioPlay!, Say Anything, Stars?

If you do, then I think we can be friends
smile.gif

And that video on the first page is sick.

Keep up the good work!

EDIT: Oh, yeah, what about Yeah Yeah Yeah's?

Originally Posted by VanillaGorillaDX

-A Rocket to the moon
-The Rocket Summer
-Phoenix-Kings Of Leon
-Ivory
-Scene Aesthetic
-Sparks the Rescue

thats the track that got me hooked, check out the rest if you haven't already.

I think we will be at all the warped tour stops. I do not know for sure if we will play at everyone. And craftsy,I'll have to get back to you. There are alot of bands I could list, I'll hopefully have a list comprimised for you by this week. Check out Bon Iver if you like woodsy music. Maybe even Ronnie Day if you like acoustic.Thanks for the support Creekshow.
cool man, take your time with that. I find that my biggest problem with music right now is there's too much to ever get to. I'm stilldiscovering great albums almost every single day thanks to places like pandora - it becomes hard to squeeze all your favorites into a single day. That'sprobably mostly why I grew out of the pop-punk stuff, not so much that I don't enjoy it anymore - i just don't have enough time to keep up with it allafter I listen to all the other stuff out there first.

But I can make an exception for The Maine i guess.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by VanillaGorillaDX

-A Rocket to the moon
-The Rocket Summer
-Phoenix-Kings Of Leon
-Ivory
-Scene Aesthetic
-Sparks the Rescue

thats the track that got me hooked, check out the rest if you haven't already.

I have, "For Emma, Forever Ago" is a great, great album.

and

Hey John, I have some friends that love y'all. Think you could do some sort of personal shout-out?
nerd.gif

are you even a sneakerhead? take pics of your collection.

chester french > your band.

Originally Posted by Ecook0808

Ronnie Day is def one of my fav artists...he hasnt had new material in like 2 years!
Ronnie is in Paris right now, if I'm not mistaken. One of my good friends lives out there with Ronnie and Ronnie said he should have two fulllength albums in the summer.

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Kings of Leon are the ****, I just got into them recently and I love them.

John, do you like any of the following groups: Her Space Holiday, PlayRadioPlay!, Say Anything, Stars?

If you do, then I think we can be friends
smile.gif

And that video on the first page is sick.

Keep up the good work!

EDIT: Oh, yeah, what about Yeah Yeah Yeah's?

Her space Holiday is actually one of my favorite bands. Havent heard much from them in awhile though. And Maps by the YYY's is one the classics. SleepyTigers is one of my favorites.

Back
Top Bottom