Hey Niketalk

KIDFLY SniperElite007 wrote:
Originally Posted by John Ohh

As I stated, I know this is a predominately Hip Hop board, but I also was just stopping by to say whats up to everyone.

Well in that case..
HI. How are you
I am exhausted, pulled a Denny's all nighter a few nights back and numerous shows the past month.And you?

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by ninjallamafromhell

JohnnyRedStorm wrote:

ninjallamafromhell wrote:

John Ohh wrote:

We like to all ourselves a rock/alternitve band. Our earlier stuff was straight metal. Check out our myspace.

http://www.myspace.com/themaine
Apparently you don't know what metal is either
smh.gif

http://www.youtube.com/v/njGppxBBb7E&hl=en&fs=1 http://www.youtube.com/v/njGppxBBb7E&hl=en&fs=1
That also isn't music.

gtfo3cr.jpg

Prissy, little, GAP wearin', sissy.� Grow some chest hair before you critique music.

I have more chest hair than you. Real music is bands like Zeppelin, Metallica, U2, Floyd, Pearl Jam, RHCP, Nirvana, Foo Fighters, not these crappy screaming into microphones using garbage cans as drums.

Wow that was one of the best COMEBACKS ever recorded..
(SARCASM)

No hate but the only reason I know about you is from AP.net and that's not a good thing considering how they view you.

Welcome though, good luck.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Wow - so if this is for real, it's pretty cool. I don't think most NT'ers get how big his band actually is right now - it'd be like hmm... what can I compare it to so they'll understand... like, as big as some stupid rapper with a single or two on the radio joining up NT. You know half these guys hating in here would be all up on dudes nuts if he were a rapper of the same status
laugh.gif
pathetic haters is all you kids are.

Anyways - i'm not really into your style of music (anymore, in high school i would've loved you guys) but I played the HELL out of your song Ho Ho Hopefully around xmas time this past year, and is still one of my favorite original xmas songs in recent memory - kudos on that one man. And hell, i'm sure I'd still enjoy most of your stuff - i know AP.net was pushing the hell out of you guys for the last year or so, so i've heard a decent amount of your songs and they really do sound great for the genre you guys play to. Type of stuff i thrown on once in awhile still, so maybe now that i see you on NT I will pick up your album - which strangely enough, i just saw on the featured end-row at TARGET today.

You oughta come to Penn State to play - i know a couple guys who book shows up here, I think you could go over decently well here depending on who you came with and when since it's largely a student driven crowd. I'd definitely pass your names along if you are at all interested in coming to this area or if you need any help with the NT bullies around here.

But anywho - glad to see you made it over here to NT, and keep on rockin dude.

Word. I'm not really into your style of rock, either, but maaaan, these little kids/immature adults are just hating.

KIDFLY SniperElite007 wrote:

John Ohh wrote:

As I stated, I know this is a predominately Hip Hop board, but I also was just stopping by to say whats up to everyone.

Well in that case..
HI. How are you
I am exhausted, pulled a Denny's all nighter a few nights back and numerous shows the past month.And you?

Ummm Idk what a DENNY'S actually means but COOL.. And im actually doin well.. I just made my account a few months back. Glad to see someone on N.T.actually cares.. I'd like to know why you joined though if not already stated on the first page. And 1 rule. Please dont go into the APPLE store or BestBuy or any stores of that nature and Put NIKETALK on the monitors.. N.T. is a SECRET SOCIETY as some like to call it. But NONETHELESS.. WELCOME

Craftsy what type of music are u into?? look up a band called MGMT, or if ur more into The Maine's style A Rocket to the Moon, or Cinematic Sunrise

Originally Posted by Ecook0808

Craftsy what type of music are u into?? look up a band called MGMT, or if ur more into The Maine's style A Rocket to the Moon, or Cinematic Sunrise
pimp.gif
Fine Selection

laugh.gif
thanks - I know who MGMT are, they're solid and I enjoy that typeof music. And I'd prefer something a little less The Maine's style.. but mostly I'd like suggestions from OP just since, I'm always interestedin what band members are listening to as influences and what not.

But thanks for the suggestions, I'll check out the other two you listed (think i've heard cinematic sunrise before).

Cinematic Sunrise is the brainchild of Craigery Owens who is also the lead singer of Chiodos, but Cinematic is TOTALLY different I highly rec them toeveryone...

Craftsy-I am not sure what type of music you listen to, but these are some of my favorites if it matters.
-A Rocket to the moon
-The Rocket Summer
-Phoenix-Kings Of Leon
-Ivory
-Scene Aesthetic
-Sparks the Rescue
I have a few more, any particular genres?

John- Any chance ur gunna be on A Rocket to the Moons new cd??

Really looking forward to that, heard hes working with Squire

Craftsy-I am not sure what type of music you listen to, but these are some of my favorites if it matters.
-A Rocket to the moon
-The Rocket Summer
-Phoenix-Kings Of Leon
-Ivory
-Scene Aesthetic
-Sparks the Rescue
I have a few more, any particular genres?
and I can safely say I never heard any of those bands
laugh.gif

^^ I saw you at the AP tour and I already have my warped tickets for sf!

Fear of flying - Rocket to the Moon is pretty awesome.

Cinematic Sunrise is the brainchild of Craigery Owens who is also the lead singer of Chiodos, but Cinematic is TOTALLY different I highly rec them to everyone...

I wouldnt say totally different. There is still a similar sound there. (Kinda how you can theres still that same sound in like slipknot and sone sour, and DGDand emarosa.)

Chiodos is just alot more heavy, where as cinematic sunrise is alot more calm and smooth. Cant go wrong with either though.

Some bands I reccomend:

Black label society, lamn of god, celldwellar, the agonist, slipknot, five finger death punch, underoath, a static lullaby, hello goodbye, breathe carolina,manson, in this moment, a day to remember, DDG, Children of bodom, Brand new, Sugust burns red, as i lay dying, alesana, armor for sleep, and my favorite bandof all time MSD. Check them out, they are a local band from louisville KY probably some of the sickest lyrics you will ever hear. Entermsd.com. Their old stuffis the best though, alot more heavy, pm me if interested in hearing some of it,

Ecook0808 wrote:
John- Any chance ur gunna be on A Rocket to the Moons new cd??

Really looking forward to that, heard hes working with Squire

Its all up to Nick, Id be happy too. Unfortunately I can't really get into it.

Originally Posted by Yan Can Cook

^^ I saw you at the AP tour and I already have my warped tickets for sf!

Fear of flying - Rocket to the Moon is pretty awesome.

The AP tour In San Francisco was insane, definatly one of my favorite shows this year. Did you enjoy it?

This providence is also one of our bands favorites. Pat and Kennedy listen to it alot on the road. Definatly worth checking out. Also check out Fotograph.

Originally Posted by Yan Can Cook

how are you gonna go from slipknot to hellogoodbye? haha

I go from slipknot, to hellogoodbye, to doom, to NWA, to tim mcgraw. Music is music, if it sounds good im into it.

Back
Top Bottom