[| -- HDTV/LCD Suggestions In The GTA -- |]

Straight cash homie
pimp.gif

J/K, 90 days no interest with Best Buy credit card
laugh.gif

Good thing your waiting till the end of May. My credits aren't as valid, but from gizmodo.com as I was reading:

To give you an idea of how much you might save, for instance, Sony's cutting $400 off its 46-inch KDL-46S4100, to $1599, and $500 off its newest 1080p40-incher, to $1199.

So we're looking at discounts in the 20-25 percent range, which is none too shabby, and definitely worth holding off for a couple weeks on your Best Buy TVhunting expedition.

pimp.gif
Yup, finally can play GTV IV the way it's supposed to be played.

Hope you're getting the Xbox version Q, cause the damn PS3 version runs at 640p, just like Halo 3.
The 360 version is 720p, SMH at the PS3 version not even being HD.
I have the PS3 version.

Jmedora.. could you clear that out for me? I intend to get a system this weekend. What do you mean when you say 720p and 640p? Still undecided, but I'mleaning towards the 360.

Originally Posted by TheAbove

Jmedora.. could you clear that out for me? I intend to get a system this weekend. What do you mean when you say 720p and 640p? Still undecided, but I'm leaning towards the 360.

He's saying there are less pixels used on the display (TV) to display the video signal. Basically, lower resolution...less detail closer up.

How is the PS3 version not 720p at the very least? What the hell is the point in buying the system? Shoot...I was all set to get one of these.
smh.gif

I just copped a PS3 and GTA IV a few days ago all hyped up but I too was disappointed in the graphics. Even with an HD tv and component cables I think thegraphics are kind of weak. The game is still a solid 9.5/10

As for PS3 vs. 360

360 uses 720p graphics while PS3 uses 640p, however there are a ton of reviews online that suggest there is minimal difference in graphics between the twosystems, almost no difference at all. GTA IV looks sharper on PS3 while it looks more vibrant and bright on 360.

Anyways if your going to get one of the system, consider the future potential of the console. I personally didn't buy a PS3 just for one game, there aregoing to be a ton of games out in the future available in 1080p

I'm not hating on the PS3, but I'll believe a 1080p game when I see it.
Also, anyone using an HD FTA receiver?
I need some help, if someone could PM me that would be great.
And most site are correct, 80 pixels isn't real big, but I can see the difference.

If anyone is looking to mount there TV, its really not that hard. i did mine a few weeks back. I mounted a 23 inch to a bedroom wall. wires hidden but i had afriend do that for me.

Once again props mellowg, i did copp the one you recommonded from Ajax im happy with it

Just copped a 40 inch 120 Hz Sony Bravia W- Series
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
It's 30 000: 1 contrast ratio. I've been killin the Xbox on it all night and the difference is huge. Btw, I've had garbage tubetelevisions up until I bought this one.
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom