[| -- HDTV/LCD Suggestions In The GTA -- |]

refurbs are ok, just look out for dead pixels. If there are stuck pixels you can download a program that can fix them, but I'm not sure if they work ornot.

^ Thanks man

Im still gonna pick it up tomorrow, the way i look at it, if i buy in the US, the warrenty is void, so pretty much the same as buying refrerb, except i atleast get a 90 warrenty through the site.

think you can buy extended warranty also, i was seriously thinking about buying it but i went with portability over price

tell me how it goes

Yeah I wouldn't worry too much about that Samsung. If I had the dough I'd be all over that for that price. the white bezel is cool.

I did pick it up today, dude at the shop was cool, explained thier warrenty and all that. White looks clean

Now to get it mounted with the wires concealed.....any suggestions?

futureshop is sayin $100 just to get a tech dude out to see if it can be mounted, if it can , I will get the $100 back, as long as the job is goin to be $300plus.

nooooooooooooo do not do that...dang.

Get a wall bracket, really anything will do as that panel isn't too heavy. I think you can get very good ones (tilting) at Costco. The Sanus ones at BB andFS are pretty expensive.

If you mount it on an interior wall (no insulation as with an exterior wall) you should be good to go. Its really easy to run the wires through the wall. Ifyou make the holes in the wall directly below the bracket (or wherever the inputs on the TV sit relative to the wall) you won't see a thing. If you do seethe inlet/outlet holes, you can get covers from FS for a few bucks that will make it look tidy. You don't need these though. Just make sure you're exitport is behind your console. You won't see a thing. I can post pics of my two set ups if you want...its pretty basic.

the pioneer set up (JBL surround and Denon 7.1 receiver), was a pain to do. Since its on an exterior wall there was insulation and vapor barrier right againstthe back of the drywall, so basically there was no room to run the cables. I had to get a 3" hose (like you'd use for a dryer) to create a channelfor the cables to run. I cut the holes top and bottom and ran the hose up from the bottom. The hose is semi rigid so it stayed open but was flexible enoughfor it to feed up. It worked out pretty good but the whole thing took me a day or so to get all set up. My basement isn't finished so I could run thespeaker wire for the back speakers down and under the floor no problem.

Getting the surround set up was the hardest part.

Its a mess behind that unit, but once the doors are shut you can't see $$#*. The NEC panel was easy. Same concept but on an interior wall, so the cableswere easy to run as there was no insulation or other cables.

pimp.gif
Sooooo clean.

Looking a 46' or 50' Samsung or Sharp Aquos....any suggestions where to get the best price in GTA besides BB or FS?

Check eBay, saw a refurb 52" Aquos go for $1500 last week.
Also Samsung and Sharp make 52 not 50.

if you;re going under 40 inches, you do not need 1080p as you will not notice a difference at all from the distance you are sitting at. if you were sitting 10inches away form your tv yea you'd notice a lil difference but there is no point in paying the extra cost to get a 1080p tv under 40". if the tvyou're gettin was over 40,say around 50 and 60" then you'd need 1080p.

laugh.gif
I thought we went over this dude...get 1080p. you'll be happier in a few years if you do.

^ Naw I already know what I want I'm just waiting for the end of April/May to come, I just had to let dude that replied earlier that I already made up mymind and I was infact going with a bigger screen.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

^ Naw I already know what I want I'm just waiting for the end of April/May to come, I just had to let dude that replied earlier that I already made up my mind and I was infact going with a bigger screen.

Word? Good to hear this. You'll benefit in the long run. If you need some tips mounting it to the wall lemme know.

I'm sooooooo tempted now to get a new LCD and PS3 just to get GTA IV. I played it at my boys house yesterday and the game is crack, plain and simple.

Has anyone ever bought anything from BB/FS using the "No Payment, no interest" plan for 12 months? You just pay a $100 administration fee and youdont have to pay for 1 year?

I swore myself off of video games 2 years ago but this game is so tempting
smh.gif

^ I know you got the PS3 now after seeing your post in General.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom