HDTV & Audio FAQ, Accessories and TV area setup Official Post Vol. That time again...

I was hoping some NT'ers could give me some advice on this:

Two options:

Samsung 40'' LCD LN40B500
1080p, only 60hz but it's on sale for $699 CAD London Drugs

Or

Sharp AQUOS 40'' LCD LC40E77U
1080p 120 hz and it's bundled with an LG 5.1 sound system HT904SA for $999 CAD Future Shop

Whish one's a better deal? Or are eit
her of these deals worth it? The sound system isn't a priority, but if I can get 120hz and surround on topof that, it might be worth it.

EDIT: It'll be for gaming and blurays, but they haven't been posting up good deals for plasmas around my way. Any good spots that ship to Canada forplasmas?

4162658848_45f1df5c2e_b.jpg

4161915441_4625ab377e_b.jpg

4162677056_a649001416_b.jpg

4161918093_c501643675_b.jpg

14279.jpg

14269.jpg

14268.jpg

14267.jpg

I was surfing AVS forums when I came across these pictures of people's home theater set ups with LED lights behind their plasma.

I think it looks sick.
pimp.gif

Once I get my new plasma I am going to try and figure out how to set something like this up. Any of you guys have an LED lighting set up like this? If yes, wasit tough to set up and how expensive was it?

Just got off the phone with my pops, told me his TV died last night, and he has been thinking about mounting one for awhile anyway.

Downside is that the TV will be near windows, so plasma is out automatically.

I found this one from bestbuy , and it comes with a free Blu-ray player.
Another one I found from amazon.

Price is not a huge factor, just nothing to ridiculous, right around or under a $1000.

Any brands to stay away from? Or to lean towards?

Thanks

Im looking to get a top of te line surround sound system. Can anyone give me suggestions on what receiver/speakers to buy? I'm not looking for a HT In aBox... more of a build it yourself system. I'm new to this stuff so any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

I was surfing AVS forums when I came across these pictures of people's home theater set ups with LED lights behind their plasma.

I think it looks sick.
pimp.gif

Once I get my new plasma I am going to try and figure out how to set something like this up. Any of you guys have an LED lighting set up like this? If yes, was it tough to set up and how expensive was it?

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50119407

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00119424

I think they are only $40 dollars in store
pimp.gif
. might have to do that too.

Originally Posted by swizzc

Im looking to get a top of te line surround sound system. Can anyone give me suggestions on what receiver/speakers to buy? I'm not looking for a HT In a Box... more of a build it yourself system. I'm new to this stuff so any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Top of the line? you got 300k?

Originally Posted by JFDOOM

Originally Posted by swizzc

Im looking to get a top of te line surround sound system. Can anyone give me suggestions on what receiver/speakers to buy? I'm not looking for a HT In a Box... more of a build it yourself system. I'm new to this stuff so any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Top of the line? you got 300k?
Sorry, shoulda specified a budget. Was looking to spend around 1,000-1,500. Thanks.

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

I think it looks sick.
pimp.gif

Once I get my new plasma I am going to try and figure out how to set something like this up. Any of you guys have an LED lighting set up like this? If yes, was it tough to set up and how expensive was it?

pimp.gif

Word... I think I might go for the first ones you listed.

I'm assuming for set up you just plug it in and then use electrical tape to attach it to the back of your tv.
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Flaming Hot Cheetos

Bought a new Toshiba 40inch 1080p set a couple days ago.
looks good, but if toshiba tv's are anything like their labtops, expect your to break down within 6 months
sick.gif
sick.gif

5.1 is hard to setup properly if you don't know what you're doing

if i were you, i'd go for a nice 2.1 setup

I think it looks sick.
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

I'm assuming for set up you just plug it in and then use electrical tape to attach it to the back of your tv.
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

OK I'm seeing plasma but can I do this with LCD?
nerd.gif

Can anyone help with hiding wires in the best possible way because I have an LED TV mounted on the wall. My wall is not dry wall either.

Get wire molding to hide the wires. I tried to find an example online but I couldn't. It is basically molding that comes down from the TV to the floor.Made of plastic and is paintable.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

I think it looks sick.
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

OK I'm seeing plasma but can I do this with LCD?
nerd.gif

I'm pretty sure you can do it with any type of TV. I remember reading that a guy had it set up with a DLP. But seeing that you have an LCD,really there's not too much of a difference in size/shape between that and a Plasma.

My TV area setup should be coming into form by this weekend. I just copped the monoprice.

I can't wait until these get in.... This weekends sporting events should be awesome.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

Originally Posted by Flaming Hot Cheetos

Bought a new Toshiba 40inch 1080p set a couple days ago.
looks good, but if toshiba tv's are anything like their labtops, expect your to break down within 6 months
sick.gif
sick.gif
Cant be as bad as my Samsung which died after a lil over a year. F that company from now on. My bro's Toshiba is running strong which iswhat lead me to this one

smh.gif
My Panasonic Plasma is on its last legs...

Last nite it went all haywire... I think its the pixel orbiter. its flashings different parts of the screen at different times in different places on thescreen ...

I got it in 2003, so I guess it was pretty good run. *shrugs*

I just bought a 42" panasonic plasma s1. I need wall mount. Is there anywhere that I can get them for cheaper than $100?

Originally Posted by Aze201

I just bought a 42" panasonic plasma s1. I need wall mount. Is there anywhere that I can get them for cheaper than $100?
monoprice.com is your best friend from now on

Back
Top Bottom