HDTV & Audio FAQ, Accessories and TV area setup Official Post Vol. That time again...

Can someone give me the 3 best LED/LCD/Plasma TV's From 65 inches and up?

I tried to look it up but nobody seems to have a clear favorite. Would like some imput on which is better and why from somebody who knows their stuff.

Thanks in advance.

i just got my shipment in from Amazon for the Paradigm Cinema 90 CT that i bought for $400.

41lszrlfvLL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Par...id=1259369909&sr=8-3

now they're just sitting here cause i dont have a receiver
laugh.gif

any suggestions? my budget's around $300, dont really care if it's an older model as long as it has HDMI connectivity. mostly going to be watchingTV/movies and playing games.

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

any hdmi cable will work

get all your cables from monoprice

I mean...not to be mean, but there are all kinds of cables....and I don't know what is even "any" kind.

I'm not asking about brand, I mean literally what type of hdmi cable---

Originally Posted by I Drink Your Milkshake

any hdmi cable will work

I mean...not to be mean, but there are all kinds of cables....and I don't know what is even "any" kind.

exactly what he said...ANY of them. go to monoprice and buy the one with the length that suits your need.

Originally Posted by abernja

Thoughts/Opinions/Reviews on the Samsung 32'' LCD - LN32B360

Thanks.
I just bought this today. Returned my Sony 32' Bravia 720p for it cause I could save about $100. The Samsung is good but I much prefer theSony one over it. I intend to exchange it again cause the Bravia dropped its price also. Overall not much wrong with it the color are bit difficult to adjustand the swivel is a nice touch, can't sand the thick borders though even if its glossy.

Originally Posted by I Drink Your Milkshake

any hdmi cable will work

Any
laugh.gif

Here
grin.gif

http://www.monoprice.com/...&format=1#largeimage
and i'm sure you saw on the website where it said audio hdmi, video hdmit, male to male, etc.....

but thank you
happy.gif

Mr.Monday Night i think imma need to pay you to come hook up my whole home theatre system and get the right tv
laugh.gif

you know EVERYTHING about audio/video/electronics
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mister916

My brother has this TV, he likes it a lot. His girlfriend bought the same exact one recently so I assume that it's pretty good.
Thanks.

My parents went ahead and got it. Havent set anything up yet. Probably in an hour or so. Ill update then.

Ok, I'm more than likely going to get a new TV next week. Probably in the $400 range. (I don't have much to spend.)

Any last minute suggestions would be appreciated.

Originally Posted by bballah3

Can someone give me the 3 best LED/LCD/Plasma TV's From 65 inches and up?

I tried to look it up but nobody seems to have a clear favorite. Would like some imput on which is better and why from somebody who knows their stuff.

Thanks in advance.
I've been researching copping a plasma for some time now, so I can't steer you towards LEDs or LCDs.

As for plasmas there are two Panasonic 65" plasmas out. One is the S1 (less expensive, not the best quality out) and the other Panny is the 65v10 (theirtop of the line plasma).

On the other hand, Samasung makes two different 63" plasmas. The 550 and the 590. I am not sure about the differences, but check out a couple of thesethreads on AVS Forums- a bunch of crazy HDTV lovers talking about all things HDTV.

S1/V10 vs. 550/590: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1187738
65S1 vs 65v10: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1172035
V10 series thread: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1137650
63b550 Owners thread: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1133092

If I were you, I would ask Kevin for the 65v10 for Christmas.
laugh.gif

But in all seriousness, do some research on those threads and others on AVS Forums. ClevelandPlasma.com has good prices on plasmas as does amazon.com. I wouldgo to the store (like BB or something) and try and look at them all before copping though. Good luck with your decision.

do anyone know here i can find some cool tv stands besides ikea. I just dont like there selection of tv stands. Im looking to put my 32" Samsung on it andim not looking to spend 300 bucks.

Sync+50%22+Flat+Panel+TV+Stand+with+Mount.jpg

anyone know where i can get a TV stand similar too this? $400-$800 for a TV stand is crazy
indifferent.gif
...thanks in advance

Originally Posted by Retroisback2008

Alright don't want to start a new thread, but which TV is better; LCD or LED/LCD?

Would you recommend a 32" for a bedroom?
Please correct me if I'm wrong NT.

But I think its relative. LED/LCD TV's gobble up less juice (more energy efficient) if you are a treehugger (i kid i kid). LED's are supposed to giveyou deeper true blacks compared to LCD's. There are different types of LED's though. The top end LED's like the Sony XBR8 have local dimming RGBas opposed to edge dimming white LED's (if you want a real basic crash course in LED's check out wikipedia). If you want to get the local dimming RGBLED TV, be prepared to spend a good chunk of change.

Honestly, the best bet is to go to the store and look at them side by side. That being said, go to a place that specializes in big screen tv's as they aremore likely to have the display TV's calibrated. I've been searching for a new TV for a minute now and was looking into them LED joints. After doingin-person side by side comparisons I was drawn to the Plasmas to tell you the truth. I dont really care about how much energy I burn up (an extra $100 a yearin my electric bill isnt gonna be a deal breaker). All I want is a bangin picture with little to no motion blur at a great price. I thought about goin forthe gusto and buying a discontinued Pioneer Kuro Elite but my bank account talked me out of it. Unfortunately I need sleep so I dont do the black friday thingand probably missed out on some pretty solid deals there.

As an impulsive buyer, I went into Best Buy today on my lunch break and walked out an hour later spending several months worth of beer money (looks like imdrinking water for the near future).

Best Buy is actually running a pretty decent deal right now for anyone in the market for a TV. This is what I ended up getting

Sony Bravia 52" Z5100 - 1080P 240Hz LCD TV
PS3 Slim 120GB (still got my OG PS3 so I gotta flip this)
Ugly Truth Blu-Ray Movie (it was either this, Year One, or Pelham 123. I guess my fiancee will watch this BS or I can fap to Katherine Heigl)
Uncharted 2 PS3

Total price was $1600+tax

The deal they are promoting right now is for the Bravia W5100 46" which is a 120hz set. If you go with the W-series its $1,099+tax for the package deal. I woulda got that but 46" is too small and I knew I would regret it the minute I brought it home.

Back
Top Bottom