HBO'S "Insecure" [ Created by Issa Rae ► Season III: 2020 ]

The one/two positive things was Molly spitting truth about life happening. Saw same similarities in my hs and college friends. But Molly definitely is the character that they got completely right. We saw all of her growth.

Like I said the whole episode it was as if Issa didn’t want to grow up. Like she felt like she was losing her friends as they were entering different phases of life.

The Issa and Molly scene was too real felt like they were saying goodbye for real.

When Molly mom passed that hit me, I feel like they didn’t have to do that. But that’s how it goes sometimes smh.

The time skips threw me off so much I thought Issa was dreaming. At one point I thought how finally Lawrence was in her dreams supporting her.

Saw someone say Issa settled and I kinda disagree. Lawrence's kid was technically a 'mistake'. They were already trying to work things out when it happened. The timing of things just kept messing things out. Glad Issa and Molly were on the same page and Issa finally did what she felt was right for her. As a guy I don't think I could do it if the shoe was on the other foot.

Not even mad about the time jumps in the Finale. It kind of parallel the real life struggles of adulthood. One minute they were promising each other they would always celebrate all of their birthdays together and then life happens. Work, relationships, moving, I’m sure a lot of us can relate to this. Those big birthday linkup turn into quick phone calls now with your significant other planning your celebrations.

The rest of the season was a waste of time.

Settling would have been forcing a relationship with the bipolar barber who was pretty much Best Buy Lawrence. Lawrence was depressed and not sure what he wanted to do with his life.

They did some good things, the wedding and Issa drive thru their old neighborhood, but they just threw that episode together. Issa was like I'm busy doing other things, I have other shows and movies to do.

It's like damn, you give the unhappy postpartum mother another kid and no support system to make her more miserable. You realize that you did nothing for Kelli in five years besides making her the jolly fat friend, so you finally give her happiness.

I looked it up, because I thought the mom died in real life, because I wondered why they killed her off. She's on another show, so there probably was a scheduling conflict.

They could have time jumped through the season and done an episode or two for each period instead of two minutes.

who didn't see Issa and Lawrence getting back together? :lol: it was so obvious, not even a wink to the audience. Typical RomCom stuff

in the end, I guess you can say Issa settled? idk, it's the old adage "go with what ya know"

and yeah I would've liked a tad more development of Kelli and the other girl in Denver. This season had about 3 episodes of nothing that could've been used on them

but the show is ultimately about Issa and Molly's relationship imo, with other's coming in and out

Why is the comment Issa settled keep coming up? She didn't settle. She realized she really loved Lawrence and that's who she wanted to be with. It kept coming back to her over time. No idea why people think she settled. If she stayed with Nathan, then that would have been settling. She clearly wasn't happy with him, but he saved her from being the one to break up by saying it first. She was relieved he did it.

So, did Tiffany divorce her husband since he wasn't at Molly's wedding? Did she move out of Denver since she hated it? What happened with Crenshawn? What happended to Condola? What was with Kellie's sudden 180 on having kids? All because of some dude? Why did it show "one year later" since it actually was 2 years later? What caused Lawrence's sudden change of heart on Issa since he was with another woman on his birthday?

The show could have sacrificed the last three episodes to answer some of these plot points instead of the cop out we were given in the finale. Other than Molly's wedding all the other Revelations hold no weight with me because they weren't properly hashed out.

I feel like y'all being obtuse with some of this nitpicking

Derek was right at the table with Tiffany at the wedding. It doesn't matter if she moved from Denver or not. Her being pregnant shows they are still together and thriving.

Crenshaw stuff this season was stupid but she clearly took him up on his offer since they threw her birthday party at his space.

Women do 180s about children all the time. Case in point Condola deciding to keep Jah.

ONE YEAR LATER from that point in the timeline they were skipping around in.

There wasn't a sudden change of heart. ****** break up every day B which was the whole point. They both kept getting into these dead end relationships because they truly wanted each other but their timing was always off.

When L Dawg was ready, Issa was with Nathan. When Issa was finally ready, L Dawg was with that honey dip. When L Dawg was ready again, Issa was putting on lingerie for the next dude. They were finally both single and reconnected. These sort of things happen in real life all the time.

I feel like y'all being obtuse with some of this nitpicking

Derek was right at the table with Tiffany at the wedding. It doesn't matter if she moved from Denver or not. Her being pregnant shows they are still together and thriving.

Crenshaw stuff this season was stupid but she clearly took him up on his offer since they threw her birthday party at his space.

Women do 180s about children all the time. Case in point Condola deciding to keep Jah.

ONE YEAR LATER from that point in the timeline they were skipping around in.

There wasn't a sudden change of heart. ****** break up every day B which was the whole point. They both kept getting into these dead end relationships because they truly wanted each other but their timing was always off.

When L Dawg was ready, Issa was with Nathan. When Issa was finally ready, L Dawg was with that honey dip. When L Dawg was ready again, Issa was putting on lingerie for the next dude. They were finally both single and reconnected. These sort of things happen in real life all the time.
Didn't see Derek at the table, but I'll grant you that. It was still lazy writing. This whole season could have explored these themes but instead we got a whole bunch of filler episodes. I said a couple of episodes ago that it seemed like they don't know how to end this show.

I like the happy ending that everyone got but skipping years multiple times in in any episode, let alone the finale, gives plenty reason for people to be unhappy with this. It comes off as rushed to tie up plot points.

I like the happy ending that everyone got but skipping years multiple times in in any episode, let alone the finale, gives plenty reason for people to be unhappy with this. It comes off as rushed to tie up plot points.
So if you had it your way you need another season…

Why is the comment Issa settled keep coming up? She didn't settle. She realized she really loved Lawrence and that's who she wanted to be with. It kept coming back to her over time. No idea why people think she settled. If she stayed with Nathan, then that would have been settling. She clearly wasn't happy with him, but he saved her from being the one to break up by saying it first. She was relieved he did it.
I'd just like to add to your point too.

To me, the show speaks a great deal on having to battle your own inner critic to live the life you want to life. Lawrence's issues were only a problem to Issa when she started to doubt herself. All of the characters (except Nathan), were able to achieve the things they wanted in life by setting their doubt aside, and fighting for what they truly wanted.

Molly's character is the perfect example of this. I'll admit, I thought she had high standards at first, but throughout the series, she constantly trusted her vision for her life even during times she was uncertain of it herself.

Lawrence and Issa were able to achieve this by cutting the BS and acknowledging their feelings for one another. Their lives were basically on autopilot because they didn't deem themselves worthy of getting what they wanted.

Nathan's character perfectly demonstrates the lesson of being in your head too often. Although he's not an awful person, he too often doubted himself, which caused him to be flighty, distant, and detached for consistent human attachment. If Issa had stayed, she would have been a victim of this as well.

Back
Top Bottom