HBO'S "Insecure" [ Created by Issa Rae ► Season III: 2020 ]

Insecure Will Be Back For a Fourth Season of Messiness, Baes, and Hilarity
tmp_0lbZ3h_2699c75cd8934a88_GettyImages-613390260.jpg

https://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/Insecure-Renewed-Season-4-45234682

Call a "party Lyft" and grab a Capri Sun, because Insecure has been renewed for a fourth season! The HBO series is only halfway through its third season, but the network knows not to stop a party while it's still hot. Issa Rae, star and series creator, announced the exciting news on Twitter, writing, "#InsecureHBO has been renewed for Season 4! Thank you to everyone who has been watching and supporting!"

Last edited:
This show is really well done all the way around... Written, cast, well acted. Raphael Saadiq does an incredible job of curating the music on the show.

Having said all that, my wife & I said after this season is over, we're prolly going to stop watching the show. Issa (the character) is sooooooo immature, irresponsible, & always makes terrible decisions. Her friends, specifically Molly to. It's too frustrating to watch.

Take last Sunday's ep. Issa was on lunch break when she meets ole dude & decides to take an extra long break to show him around then calls out. She then quits the next day with nothing lined up. That's so terribly irresponsible.

After her therapist advises her to make changes at her new gig, Molly asks her female co-workers if they need help on that case. The next day they come to her for help & she's basically like naaah...

They create their own problems & drama & then wonder why things aren't getting any better.... Like WTF?!??!

This show is really well done all the way around... Written, cast, well acted. Raphael Saadiq does an incredible job of curating the music on the show.

Having said all that, my wife & I said after this season is over, we're prolly going to stop watching the show. Issa (the character) is sooooooo immature, irresponsible, & always makes terrible decisions. Her friends, specifically Molly to. It's too frustrating to watch.

Take last Sunday's ep. Issa was on lunch break when she meets ole dude & decides to take an extra long break to show him around then calls out. She then quits the next day with nothing lined up. That's so terribly irresponsible.

After her therapist advises her to make changes at her new gig, Molly asks her female co-workers if they need help on that case. The next day they come to her for help & she's basically like naaah...

They create their own problems & drama & then wonder why things aren't getting any better.... Like WTF?!??!

Sounds a lot like most people in REAL life that have problems. They are the cause of their own issues and aren’t conscious enough to realize it until they hit a low point that forces them to reevaluate them self.

What do you and your wife want to see? Her just go to work, be responsible and work her way up and end up happily ever after?

Who would watch that?

Sounds a lot like most people in REAL life that have problems. They are the cause of their own issues and aren’t conscious enough to realize it until they hit a low point that forces them to reevaluate them self.

What do you and your wife want to see? Her just go to work, be responsible and work her way up and end up happily ever after?

Who would watch that?
I get a show illustrating struggle but the characters on the show specifically Issa & Molly continually make not just bad decision but horrendous decision & then wallow in narcissistic self pity. The show revels in misogyny like it’s ok & normalizes dysfunctional relationships specifically because of the characters massive short comings. Their actually woefully equipped to truly deal with real life.

I will say Issa Rae does a great job of writing & acting this character as does the woman that plays Molly bcs they piss me off to the nth degree. :lol:

The show revels in misogyny like it’s ok & normalizes dysfunctional relationships specifically because of the characters massive short comings. Their actually woefully equipped to truly deal with real life.

I mean, isn't this like a gross majority of the human population.
I wouldn't say the show 'revels' in misogyny but, that, dysfunctional relationships and people with huge shortcomings is everyday life tho.
People like this exist both high and low in society. These two just happen to be friends and the focal point of the show.

Majority of the human population? :sick::lol: I hope nope. That would be terrible.

I'm not saying your wrong, or this show is trash, or your stupid for watching it. Like I posted before, the show is very well put together in every aspect & I especially like the music Raphael Saadiq currates. Issa Rae is a force to be reckoned with both from a writing standpoint & acting.

I just don't find the show comical anymore & find the characters really frustrating to watch. That's just me though (& my wife)...

Majority of the human population? :sick::lol: I hope nope. That would be terrible.

I think so, just because someone is a ****up doesn't mean they cant be successful or even function 'normally' in society. Case and point Molly. It just looks worse because the show is essentially a microscope for their actions.
Hell even Gustavo Fring, the southwest's #1 entrepreneur - a fairly level headed and deliberate guy, let his pride lead his demise. (Yes another tv-show character, but I'd rather use him as an example versus one of my cousins that constantly gets in their own way)
Dysfunctional relationships and character flaws are pretty commonplace IMO.

I just don't find the show comical anymore

Agreed, the show has lost some of it's funny. I hardly chuckled at all the past couple eps.

Agreed, the show has lost some of it's funny. I hardly chuckled at all the past couple eps.

No I'm saying it's not funny anymore to me because the characters are massive eff ups. For me, it's like someone bashing their hand with a hammer & then wondering why their hand hurts.

First 2 seasons of watching them lose their way was ok & comical but it's lost it's luster for me (& my wife).

Last edited:
Issa (the character) is sooooooo immature, irresponsible, & always makes terrible decisions. Her friends, specifically Molly to. It's too frustrating to watch.

So you'd continue watching the show if Issa were more responsible and there was less drama?

She started off the show rapping about "broken p****".

Where exactly did you think this was headed? LOL

So you'd continue watching the show if Issa were more responsible and there was less drama?

She started off the show rapping about "broken p****".

Where exactly did you think this was headed? LOL

:lol:

I think what he's trying to get at is can we really sit through another season of Issa making terrible decisions with her p****. She's not learning anything.

Meet Male. Give It Up. Mess It Up. Repeat.

Her p**** needs a break.

I mean to be fair, Issa seems to be 'low milage' (2 bodies we are aware/seen of). But Molly on the other hand opened the show with an entire rap written about her ***** possible being broken. :lol:

I mean to be fair, Issa seems to be 'low milage' (2 bodies we are aware/seen of). But Molly on the other hand opened the show with an entire rap written about her ***** possible being broken. :lol:

You forgot about her ***-tation last season?

Big Head Kid with the iPhone charger downstairs that caused her to crash her hooptie
Seasoned Spanish guy who casually rejected her aggressive advances
Fake Johnny Gill

I think what he's trying to get at is can we really sit through another season of Issa making terrible decisions with her p****. She's not learning anything.

Her p**** needs a break.
Man that's nothing compared to Molly hoeing it up or Issa when she did for a bit.

Finally watched last weeks episode......
Little kid at the end and Molly in that blue dress are the only things i enjoyed.
Wonder if they will give Molly a chance to get her own firm in a future season...

I'm lost on the question.

Melania? Melania who? Trump? She likes Insecure? The ****? I don't believe that :lol:

And even if she does go off the air for what?

Back
Top Bottom