HBO'S "Insecure" [ Created by Issa Rae ► Season III: 2020 ]

Insecure Lawrence spin-off show
giphy.gif

Could be on HBO or OWN nah

Last edited:
The male vs female debates in the Insecure Facebook group gives me more entertainment than the show lol.
Nothing like arguing with a bunch of women over the show just for them to start flirting with you later. #NikeTalkTaughtMeWell

Spinoffs don't really change the argument. That entirely different stance.

Is that where y'all moving it to now? The Insecure supporting cast is so good some of them deserve spinoffs?

These takes are crazy :lol:

Man :rofl:

You know that don't count.

And I was originally gonna mention Bruh man from the 4th 5th floor but he barely counts as a supporting character :lol:

Insecure Lawrence spin-off show
giphy.gif

Could be on HBO or OWN nah

I highly doubt it would be successful...shoot I don't think there's any character on the show that could carry a season outside of Issa. And the strength of her show, to me, is the relationships she has with the other cast members in various scenes. The brilliance of Insecure is the sum of all parts. If that makes sense...

BCS was only brought up because it shows that a series CAN have a successful spin-off from a supporting cast member. Saul Goodman routinely stole scenes on BB...

Daniel is an idiot.
Molly is an idiot.
Issa is an idiot.

They all deserve each other.

Came here to post the exact same thing.

RNS

Daniel is a loser.
Issa is a loser.
Molly is a loser for not asking about the processes at the company prior to accepting the job. That's not exclusive to black companies at all and you can find those conditions literally anywhere in any field.

At this point the show is very difficult to watch.

Aint no body trying to see this "Look how poetic being black and broken is" in 2018.

Most of us can log into IG and check up on some old highschool/college classmates to see all that struggle.

Aint no body trying to see this "Look how poetic being black and broken is" in 2018.

THIS! LMAOOO!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

#lawrencehive

There's a handful of people in this thread that get off on downplaying Lawrence's significance to the show. To each his own...

But he's probably the only character on the show that caused all of male viewership to stand up from their couch and dance around the room when he slid the cheese off the bank teller's omelette. So there's that...

this season is kinda cheeks so far.

removing lawrence from the show was an L. Was Daniel this big of a clown before this season? I dont remember it. his Ls aren't believable at all...seems so forced.

seems like they want every man on the show to look foolish

Molly silly as usual.

they even got dro taking Ls this season.

this season is kinda cheeks so far.

removing lawrence from the show was an L. Was Daniel this big of a clown before this season? I dont remember it. his Ls aren't believable at all...seems so forced.

seems like they want every man on the show to look foolish

Molly silly as usual.

they even got dro taking Ls this season.

season aint cheeks. Even fly/cool dudes get insecure sometimes. he just happens to be insecure about his music and letting it out on Issa.

Removing Lawrence briefly was good and I think he'll be back in some form.

season aint cheeks. Even fly/cool dudes get insecure sometimes. he just happens to be insecure about his music and letting it out on Issa.

Removing Lawrence briefly was good and I think he'll be back in some form.

I'm sorry bro but aint nothin cool about Daniel.

• Those discount Dilla "this is real hip-hop" beats are wack.
  • Playing his boy who gave him a shot is wack.
  • Letting his ex stay at your crib only to block his yambs consumption is wack.
  • Starting to eat the box then backing out because of emotions is wack. Shouldn't start what you can't finish.
  • Letting a basic woman like Issa play him on so many levels as she did in the previous seasons and this season is wack.
  • Even sweating Issa who is essentially basic as hell with those 3rd grade natural hair styles and thrift store chic outfits is wack. (no shade to natural hair but Issa's hair is wack on the show but not in real life)
  • The way he looks down on others when he is essentially a soundcloud producer is wack.
Dude is hella corny and Beta.

I understand that we all have times of insecurity but I think homie was always a loser and we were just fooled because he was capable of smashing Issa when she was having relationship issues while Lawrence and her were going through it.

As nter's we have all seen or been in a cornball for a stage in our lives but this show has Issa and Daniel as a compound cornball. I don't think its normal for post collegiate brother to take so many L's in a short period of time with them inherently being a loser.

The bigger picture is that I think that deep down Issa does not have much love for black men. As soon as Lawrence showed growth and power as a black man in America and it tested her agenda on social media (i.e #lawrencehive) she cut him out of the show. There was no equivalent of success shown on any of her shows for black men that she has displayed for characters such as Molly, Amanda seals or the Big girl that lost weight. Also, all of her work, youtube, her book and at insecure all show black men as being inferior to white men, Asian men or black women. At the end of the day it is her sandbox but the way she portrays black men is has always been highly disappointing.

I'm sorry bro but aint nothin cool about Daniel.

• Those discount Dilla "this is real hip-hop" beats are wack.
  • Playing his boy who gave him a shot is wack.
  • Letting his ex stay at your crib only to block his yambs consumption is wack.
  • Starting to eat the box then backing out because of emotions is wack. Shouldn't start what you can't finish.
  • Letting a basic woman like Issa play him on so many levels as she did in the previous seasons and this season is wack.
  • Even sweating Issa who is essentially basic as hell with those 3rd grade natural hair styles and thrift store chic outfits is wack. (no shade to natural hair but Issa's hair is wack on the show but not in real life)
  • The way he looks down on others when he is essentially a soundcloud producer is wack.
Dude is hella corny and Beta.

I understand that we all have times of insecurity but I think homie was always a loser and we were just fooled because he was capable of smashing Issa when she was having relationship issues while Lawrence and her were going through it.

As nter's we have all seen or been in a cornball for a stage in our lives but this show has Issa and Daniel as a compound cornball. I don't think its normal for post collegiate brother to take so many L's in a short period of time with them inherently being a loser.

The bigger picture is that I think that deep down Issa does not have much love for black men. As soon as Lawrence showed growth and power as a black man in America and it tested her agenda on social media (i.e #lawrencehive) she cut him out of the show. There was no equivalent of success shown on any of her shows for black men that she has displayed for characters such as Molly, Amanda seals or the Big girl that lost weight. Also, all of her work, youtube, her book and at insecure all show black men as being inferior to white men, Asian men or black women. At the end of the day it is her sandbox but the way she portrays black men is has always been highly disappointing.

Damn bro i didnt notice how lame this dude was just off 3 episodes so far. he seemed like the cool *** dude

Damn bro i didnt notice how lame this dude was just off 3 episodes so far. he seemed like the cool *** dude

LOL. This season has been triggering the hell out of my wife and I. We were so excited about the season returning but then we were disappointed when we heard Lawrence wasn't coming back. We stayed optimistic but these past there episodes were so horrible that we have come to the conclusion that Issa doesn't like to see black men doing well and loves exploiting inaccurate flaws about the African American community.

For sure Daniel wasn’t portrayed to be this lame last season. But with Lawrence gone...the main male character has to take Ls apparently...so here we are.

Back
Top Bottom