HBO: "Westworld"...Cancelled After 4 Seasons

It's terrible that shows like this might not be renewed, but TRASH Walking Dead has been on TV for YEARS now :x "Confusing AF if you're not paying attention" I swear the average American TV viewer is an idiot. Felt the same way when Hannibal didn't get renewed :smh:
Walking dead makes viewers want to see what happens next. I watch westworld and for the most part I don't really care what the end goal is. The show is interesting but what's it leading too? I don't really care about what the man in black is doing. I suppose a robot revolution would be interesting but how long is that gonna take

Also the setting doesn't really do anything for me. Like the Wild West is a boring watch imo. I feel like there's a disconnect between how the writers want to make WW seem and how it actually looks. Place looks boring.

it's just not for you.

It's terrible that shows like this might not be renewed, but TRASH Walking Dead has been on TV for YEARS now :x "Confusing AF if you're not paying attention" I swear the average American TV viewer is an idiot. Felt the same way when Hannibal didn't get renewed :smh:

You do have to pay attention all the time though. You miss something small and then you might not understand the dialogue the rest of the episode. I paid attention the whole episode but was a little confused on the deal Maeve made with the clean up guys. I was like why do they even need to listen to her demands. They'll get fired if she talks but she gets tossed into the trash heap.

I try to always turn my phone off when I watch a show that requires a lot of attention

nbc in general hasn't produced a lot of hour long hit shows the past few years now. Hannibal would've benefitted being on a cable or premium network. Its ratings were really down so nbc thought it was a great idea to put it on Friday nights when viewership would be at its lowest.

Last edited:
I'm still sick that Hannibal got cancelled. Mads clearly was a better Hannibal than Anthony Hopkins.
man, you ain't lyin
Hopkins was great but Mads was just on another level
Hugh Dancie was great as well, they had an amazing chemistry on the show

Fans of it love it like crazy though. What always surprises me is it seems like it has a lot of female viewers. Most of the women I know watch it.

Yeah I thought the dog counted too since all animals in the park aside from flies are hosts. Interesting though.
I noticed the "retro" logo back when William first got to the park and that's what set off the 2 timeline theory for me. But lately since Dolores has been experiencing memories in the William timeline it's been throwing me off.How could it be the past if she's already got memories? :\.

You watch Game of Thrones? Think Hodor

I'm convinced we are dealing with two timelines, and William is MIB.

I swear I've been telling people like crazy to watch this show. Told them how dope it is and how I'm obsessed. Posted it all over my social media. To all of my friends and followers. I've done my part. If they cancel it I'll be sick.

Bruh I would be devastated, this show has potential to surpass GOT....people have such a short attention span they find it hard to stick to it week after week...been telling my wife to get into it and she just finds no interest in it...I'm here like HOW SWAY!?

TWD has a cult following, even the people that hate it, tune in every week even if it's to talk **** about how wack it was and how they are done with it...lol

I've watched TWD from the very beginning, I'm a fan, but the show is so predictable they've used the same wash, rinse, repeat formula for the past 4 seasons...lol

WestWorld is just so immersive and interesting, I think of it as a role playing game, I think if you were the type to grow up playing RPGs this show will fascinate you, if you grew up playing smash action type of games that give you a simple effective fix, then this show will not grasp your attention, it will require you to use too much of your brain when you are not used to it :lol:

To be fair, people don't have to like a show even if it's great. It may not be a genre or have a story they're into. Mr Robot had a decline in ratings this season. Some people don't like the fantasy elements in GOT even though it's in the fantasy genre. I loved Penny Dreadful and it was amazing but more than a few people didn't like it in the movie / tv thread.

I watched the first 3 episodes.

Intrigued but decided to wait and binge it.

No episode has blown me away but the whole plot is interesting.

Think the story is compelling but the way its told is just too slow for me to watch week to week.

I need my satisfaction NOW.

Show has been really good, the one thing it's missing is a huge shocker like Game of thrones and Mr. Robot etc. I feel like they are building towards that. We might not see it until season finale. If they fail to do that, westworld may not last to long. People want to be shocked, at least I do. Right now it's kind of like lost, a lot of questions and no answers. I'm going to make my prediction, and bounce from this thread until season ends. Arnold never killed himself, it was actually a host that looked just like him... and he's about to f everything up. Too much Arnold talk for him not to be a factor. Especially since he's supposedly been dead for decades, what good would him messing with all the hosts be if he's not around to see it. Then again I could be totally wrong... but they need a major shocker, even game of thrones was kinda iffy until episode 9 in season 1, I spent the whole year after that wanting more.

Last edited:
Yeah I thought the dog counted too since all animals in the park aside from flies are hosts. Interesting though.
I noticed the "retro" logo back when William first got to the park and that's what set off the 2 timeline theory for me. But lately since Dolores has been experiencing memories in the William timeline it's been throwing me off.How could it be the past if she's already got memories? :\.

You watch Game of Thrones? Think Hodor

I'm convinced we are dealing with two timelines, and William is MIB.
Interesting.

I can't wait until we see what the deal is :lol:.

That two timeline theory is great and everything, but wouldnt it not be possible because the asian tech said Maeve's only been in her madam role for a year yet supposedly William is in the past timeline and she was there in the saloon talking to Clementine who interacted with William.

I love the show but I could see why it would not get a season 2

I'm hoping it does tho

It'll be sad if it doesn't get more than a season or two. I caught onto Deadwood and Rome after they ended so I didn't experience the feels when they were done. Westworld needs to have Deadwoodworld and Romeworld on their show so I can see those shows back somehow.

It'll be sad if it doesn't get more than a season or two. I caught onto Deadwood and Rome after they ended so I didn't experience the feels when they were done. Westworld needs to have Deadwoodworld and Romeworld on their show so I can see those shows back somehow.

Showrunners def messed up when they said they wouldn't do multiple parks for the show. I absolutely love this show but I don't see how they can do 8 seasons in Westworld only.

That two timeline theory is great and everything, but wouldnt it not be possible because the asian tech said Maeve's only been in her madam role for a year yet supposedly William is in the past timeline and she was there in the saloon talking to Clementine who interacted with William.
Dudes are ignoring facts like that.

Multiple timeline theory never made sense.

Maeve also got to watch that video promoting the park that also had the same host that tried to seduce William.

Last edited:

Maev also got to watch that video promoting the park that also had the same host that tried to seduce William.
People are just bored between episodes so they start creating theories.

Next thing you know, they'll start telling us that Bernard's wife isn't real and just a video he keeps playing and having a conversation with.

Maev also got to watch that video promoting the park that also had the same host that tried to seduce William.
People are just bored between episodes so they start creating theories.

Next thing you know, they'll start telling us that Bernard's wife isn't real and just a video he keeps playing and having a conversation with.

I don't believe the two timeline theory between William and MiB. Just thought it was odd that the logos change in the backgrounds of scenes.

IDK maybe it's just me but I don't think they'd be changing the logo like that if they weren't trying to show that a lot of time has passed. Delores and William are in the oldest timeline right now and Maeve is in the current one. But that doesn't mean Maeve wasn't around back then since the butchers clearly said they change the hosts jobs all the time.

Also in this latest episode I don't think it''s a coincidence that the plot made MIB and Teddy avoid going to Pariah immediately after the events of last episode because they're trying to get us to think it's all one timeline. There's also a couple times where the camera focused on Delores last episode with William and his friend in the background looking at Pariah from a distance then the next second they disappear. In the very end of the episode when Delores and William get on board the train and she looks down at the box with the maze logo if you look in the background William disappears again. That's not a coincidence IMO

IDK maybe it's just me but I don't think they'd be changing the logo like that if they weren't trying to show that a lot of time has passed. Delores and William are in the oldest timeline right now and Maeve is in the current one. But that doesn't mean Maeve wasn't around back then since the butchers clearly said they change the hosts jobs all the time.
You're ignoring that it was clearly stated Maeve has only been a madam for a year. How old can this other timeline be if William and his boy we're all in the same place and met Maeve (and the other jezebel) who was a madam at the time?

That doesn't make sense.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom