Have we replaced God with Celebs?

am1x90xnike

Banned
Growing up I went to church every week, God was the only person that one would envy. Years ago, even the biggest celebs were only celebs, but with the recent coolness of Atheism and mans need to find something better than themselves it seems we hold these celebs up to God status, the beauty of these Gods compared to traditional Gods is our ability to break these Gods down and construct new ones with a whisp of the fingers. 

I have a long drawn out theory on this, wanted to get  your thoughts.

Last edited:
what is the concept of the Yeezus album though? I honestly don't know lol
feels like some rage against the machine type vibe

Last edited:
Who is 'we'?

From a west indian perspective, absolutely not.   Piety remains strong in my community.

I AM a God, though.

Edit: DAMMIT DAYTONA!!!!!!

'Tis still true. Shout to Thoth aka Djehuty aka Master of all Arbiters :smokin He knows what it is.

images

Damn, how did this turn into a Yeezus thread? haha,kinda proves my point. See a picture of Yeezus and our whole conversation is directed towards Yeezus as opposed to God and religion. I think your responses answer my question better than ya'll grasp.

The idea that mentioning God and a famous person, we immediately move toward the famous person as opposed to what a religion is.

We give famous people the same attention those of the past gave Religion, our lives revolve around them. I understand that they are the only way that two people with nothing else in common can relate to each other, in the past it was the cross on you chest that provided conversation, now its the jersey you wear, or the shows we watch.

It's harder for me to get friends to go to church for free than it is for us to go see some mediocre artist perform, which do we care about more in today's society? We call those who still hold on to religion nuts, zealots, idiots etc. Make a thread discrediting 'Ye and you'll get more hits than a thread about religion, this thread being proof.

Back
Top Bottom