Happy 11th, NikeTalk.

Will cop the hat, and its crazy I actually been a NTer since 04 but only got my SN in 06.... Still crazy tho idk if I will ever not be a NTer.......

Will cop the hat, and its crazy I actually been a NTer since 04 but only got my SN in 06.... Still crazy tho idk if I will ever not be a NTer.......

pimp.gif
to everyone on NT..

pimp.gif
to Meth/Rajah/ & Capcity

Originally Posted by Method Man

Is there white contrast stitching on the fitted? That would be
30t6p3b.gif
Who do you think you're dealing with?  Jordan brand?  Of course it's black stitching. 

It's just colored that way on the design sheet so you can see the detail.  (The New Era logo won't be floating out in space on the final cap, either.)

laugh.gif

pimp.gif
to everyone on NT..

pimp.gif
to Meth/Rajah/ & Capcity

Is there white contrast stitching on the fitted? That would be
30t6p3b.gif
Who do you think you're dealing with?  Jordan brand?  Of course it's black stitching. 

It's just colored that way on the design sheet so you can see the detail.  (The New Era logo won't be floating out in space on the final cap, either.)

laugh.gif

So wait, Let me get this straight whoever controls Yuku controls the way you (THE HNIC) can run Niketalk as a site?

Why not just move this badboy from Yuku and use all the money from the ad's/donations and put the money back into Niketalk? (like a whole new layout etc)
And what are the major changes and differences gonna be for the future? I don't understand why you give all the money away from ad's/donations, You should just save it and use the money and put it back into the site or like for a rainy day incase we need it in the future.
Obviously the platform we run on will influence what's possible with the site.  If you were developing a video game, the platform(s) you selected would limit what you could potentially do and, since they take a lot of time and effort to develop, you can't just up and switch to a different platform without creating a LOT more work for yourself. 

Moving from Yuku was a real possibility and, for awhile, it seemed like we'd have no choice.  Once the possibility of new ownership for Yuku became realistic, it changed the game.  We wouldn't have to leave our user database etc. behind in order to get what we needed and, as I've mentioned, staying now gives us access to technology that we wouldn't be able to utilize anywhere else. 

I've referenced a lot of the changes and differences you can expect in earlier replies, so I won't go back over that here, but I will say that our commitment to social responsibility will not diminish.  Nothing could be easier than to sit back at a safe distance and say "oh, why not just use the ad revenue to do this, that, and the third."  The ad revenues weren't substantial enough to allow for us to exist sustainably on another platform.  We had a "rainy day fund" that could have covered the initial moving expenses, but the monthly hosting fees were another matter.  A new ad deal's been in the works for quite some time and that will give us far more flexibility and it'll eventually allow us to donate more money than ever to charity.

Question: Any development in the future for a mobile website or a mobile app for the major platforms ?
It's on the priority list, but as you would imagine we're more concerned with getting the core site where we want it first. 

As mobile devices advance, the gap is narrowing and there isn't a tremendous difference between what a phone is capable of rendering and what a traditional PC is capable of rendering.  In other words, it used to be necessary to strip out all but the bare bones content of a site to make it usable on a mobile device.  That's no longer the case.  Screen resolutions are higher and most mobile users access the site at 3G speeds or greater.  These days, most of our users can browse the site with relatively few issues on any smartphone.  It's not perfect, but it's certainly functional.

So, the question is:  do you really need to devote a lot of time and resources to building an app just to load a web page?  Every company in the world wants to come out with an app these days simply because it's a fad.  Do we really need to hire a bunch of people to work on an iOS app AND an android app AND a blackberry app AND a Chrome app... or would you be better off just 1) focusing on making the site the best it can be and  2) eventually creating a mobile-friendly layout that's formatted to work well on all small, touch-screen devices?   That's the more efficient path by far and, with limited resources, efficiency is critical. 

Really, once HTML-5 takes over why should anyone even care about programming for iOS and Android?  It makes more sense to use one universal standard and do everything through the browser. 

Plus, that way we don't have to prostitute ourselves and have the app financed by a permanent, fixed ad like "NikeTalk for iPhone: POWERED BY ARMOUR HOT DOGS!"  The development costs have to be recouped somehow if you hire outside people.  The goal is to have the Yuku team eventually create mobile optimization without costing us anything out of pocket or disrupting our existing ads.

So wait, Let me get this straight whoever controls Yuku controls the way you (THE HNIC) can run Niketalk as a site?

Why not just move this badboy from Yuku and use all the money from the ad's/donations and put the money back into Niketalk? (like a whole new layout etc)
And what are the major changes and differences gonna be for the future? I don't understand why you give all the money away from ad's/donations, You should just save it and use the money and put it back into the site or like for a rainy day incase we need it in the future.
Obviously the platform we run on will influence what's possible with the site.  If you were developing a video game, the platform(s) you selected would limit what you could potentially do and, since they take a lot of time and effort to develop, you can't just up and switch to a different platform without creating a LOT more work for yourself. 

Moving from Yuku was a real possibility and, for awhile, it seemed like we'd have no choice.  Once the possibility of new ownership for Yuku became realistic, it changed the game.  We wouldn't have to leave our user database etc. behind in order to get what we needed and, as I've mentioned, staying now gives us access to technology that we wouldn't be able to utilize anywhere else. 

I've referenced a lot of the changes and differences you can expect in earlier replies, so I won't go back over that here, but I will say that our commitment to social responsibility will not diminish.  Nothing could be easier than to sit back at a safe distance and say "oh, why not just use the ad revenue to do this, that, and the third."  The ad revenues weren't substantial enough to allow for us to exist sustainably on another platform.  We had a "rainy day fund" that could have covered the initial moving expenses, but the monthly hosting fees were another matter.  A new ad deal's been in the works for quite some time and that will give us far more flexibility and it'll eventually allow us to donate more money than ever to charity.

Question: Any development in the future for a mobile website or a mobile app for the major platforms ?
It's on the priority list, but as you would imagine we're more concerned with getting the core site where we want it first. 

As mobile devices advance, the gap is narrowing and there isn't a tremendous difference between what a phone is capable of rendering and what a traditional PC is capable of rendering.  In other words, it used to be necessary to strip out all but the bare bones content of a site to make it usable on a mobile device.  That's no longer the case.  Screen resolutions are higher and most mobile users access the site at 3G speeds or greater.  These days, most of our users can browse the site with relatively few issues on any smartphone.  It's not perfect, but it's certainly functional.

So, the question is:  do you really need to devote a lot of time and resources to building an app just to load a web page?  Every company in the world wants to come out with an app these days simply because it's a fad.  Do we really need to hire a bunch of people to work on an iOS app AND an android app AND a blackberry app AND a Chrome app... or would you be better off just 1) focusing on making the site the best it can be and  2) eventually creating a mobile-friendly layout that's formatted to work well on all small, touch-screen devices?   That's the more efficient path by far and, with limited resources, efficiency is critical. 

Really, once HTML-5 takes over why should anyone even care about programming for iOS and Android?  It makes more sense to use one universal standard and do everything through the browser. 

Plus, that way we don't have to prostitute ourselves and have the app financed by a permanent, fixed ad like "NikeTalk for iPhone: POWERED BY ARMOUR HOT DOGS!"  The development costs have to be recouped somehow if you hire outside people.  The goal is to have the Yuku team eventually create mobile optimization without costing us anything out of pocket or disrupting our existing ads.

Thanks for that.

NOW what if this whole time Niketalk was actually ran by Nike and it was just a big conspiracy to get "Sneaker Heads" to buy more Nike's.

grinch-smile-o.gif

ANYWAY back to the celebrations.  Hooray for NikeTalk.

Thanks for that.

NOW what if this whole time Niketalk was actually ran by Nike and it was just a big conspiracy to get "Sneaker Heads" to buy more Nike's.

grinch-smile-o.gif

ANYWAY back to the celebrations.  Hooray for NikeTalk.

Congratulations!
We celebrated in our own little way.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=255502&id=561808403&l=0edba8ce0a

9 brands and over 30 pairs of sneakers were given away!

Before some of you kids accuse me of stupid stuff, I did not profit from organizing this event. I spent $300 of my own money on hard liquor, food, DJ (hi Crank), and some tees I gave away for free. Even half of the gift cheques that were for me I gave away.
laugh.gif

What a night!

Happy eleventh #NT.

pimp.gif

Congratulations!
We celebrated in our own little way.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=255502&id=561808403&l=0edba8ce0a

9 brands and over 30 pairs of sneakers were given away!

Before some of you kids accuse me of stupid stuff, I did not profit from organizing this event. I spent $300 of my own money on hard liquor, food, DJ (hi Crank), and some tees I gave away for free. Even half of the gift cheques that were for me I gave away.
laugh.gif

What a night!

Happy eleventh #NT.

pimp.gif

And I became a member 8 years ago today
pimp.gif

Happy birthday, to my favorite place on the net. Its more than a site, its a brotherhood.

Back
Top Bottom