Guardians of the Galaxy (Film) - 8/1/14 - Starring Chris Pratt, Dave Bautista, Zoe Saldana, Benic

My only problem with the trailer was the headphones :lol:

But I guess since Pratt's character is from earth he keeps it old school with the wired headphones.

Marvel Cinematic Universe is set in present day right?
Yes but Star Lord hasn't been on Earth since the 80s for the most part. Dude been out in space. So think about how you're growing up now and then you come back to Earth 30 years later and ppl are asking you why the hell you're still using apple devices when they've already moved on to the next gen tech.

Oh yeah I get it. Just thought it was funny, him having wired headphones in space with all the future tech.

Avengers and IM3 all happens in present time so GoTG is present time just in space? :nerd:

Which they won't even be a part of. :lol:

Of course. It's to show the audience that the Marvel universe is much bigger then Captain America and friends and how everything is intertwined

Your point of "there is a reason it is the last film before Avengers 2" still makes no sense though since they won't be in it.

Plus most already know the Marvel universe is much bigger than just Earth, Thor was just jumping through different realms in Thor 2. Hell they've been talking about those realms since Thor 1.

I thought the part about the headphones was corny at first. But it makes sense that him not being on Earth in forever would make him value the headphones which are a reminder of his home.

wait a second

aint draxx the destroyer the dude who took silver surfers place after stopped being the herald for galactus???????
also i liked the trailer looks to have some funny moments that dont come off as corny or trying to hard like the IM franchise

Last edited:
Your point of "there is a reason it is the last film before Avengers 2" still makes no sense though since they won't be in it.

Plus most already know the Marvel universe is much bigger than just Earth, Thor was just jumping through different realms in Thor 2. Hell they've been talking about those realms since Thor 1.

Why do they have to be in it?

Why do they have to be in it?

They don't and I never said they had to be in it but this was the conversation. And I simply said they aren't even in A2 so there is no bearing in it being the movie that sends it off the cinematic universe that leads to Avengers 2.

There's a reason this is the final Marvel phase 2 film before Avengers 2....

Which they won't even be a part of. :lol:

I mean he says "there is a reason this is the final phase 2 film before Avengers 2," what's that reason? GotG isn't going to be in Avengers 2 and Avengers 2 is about Ultron, dude is so confident but show me what the reason is and why?

If anything, I just see GotG actually just teasing Phase 3 and Thanos than anything, not Ultron.

Last edited:
wait a second

aint draxx the destroyer the dude who took silver surfers place after stopped being the herald for galactus???????
also i liked the trailer looks to have some funny moments that dont come off as corny or trying to hard like the IM franchise
Nah, I think you're thinking of Terrax the Untamed. Other than that I can't think you're confusing him for the girl that became a herald.

wait a second

Nah, I think you're thinking of Terrax the Untamed. Other than that I can't think you're confusing him for the girl that became a herald.
yup ur right.
watching that trailer though just made me want a planet hulk even more
and then a world war hulk
damn that would be soooo dope
them fight scenes would be :wow:

Last edited:
A Planet hulk or world war hulk film won't be happening for a longggggggggggggggggg time.

phase 3 just wait on it

Nah. Those films rely too much on the Hulk's presence, and not Banners, and would just cost an insane amount of money to make. I don't see it happening unless they completely change the story.

phase 3 just wait on it

Nah. Those films rely too much on the Hulk's presence, and not Banners, and would just cost an insane amount of money to make. I don't see it happening unless they completely change the story.
who cares about banner
i just wanna see hulk smash stuff
plus if the can do gotg with all that cgi
no reason they cant do a planet hulk
plus its guaranteed to make money
EVERYBODY wants to see the hulk mess stuff up
plus with the storyline if they kept the beginning the same
as in the smartest superheroes wanted to get rid of hulk
because of all the destruction he caused and how uncontrollable he is
it would work

who cares about banner
it would work

Rocket Racoon is pure cgi, and groot isnt going to be in EVERY so that's all good. I just can't imagine a 2 hr film in which you have to go to another planet, and Hulk is going to have the entire focus on him. The amount of work to making that happen would be ridiculous.

Last edited:
realistic the earliest this can start is like the end of phase 4.. 

so by that time maybe things are cheaper.. and i assume they would have made a crap load of money off of all these movies, especially the 2 avenger films

who cares about banner
it would work

Rocket Racoon is pure cgi, and groot isnt going to be in EVERY so that's all good. I just can't imagine a 2 hr film in which you have to go to another planet, and Hulk is going to have the entire focus on him. The amount of work to making that happen would be ridiculous.
no difference than when they used all that cgi in avatar
plus remember its a disney film
im sure they have no problem footing the bill

phase 3 just wait on it

who cares about banner
it would work

Yeah do it Marvel. Then DC can make its Superman/Justice League equivalent.

War World :pimp:

The trailer was perfect IMO ..for people who dont really know these characters (like me).. Only way to get them on board with this is thru comedy.. Nobody will give a **** if the trailer was in serious tone.. I love how Pratt already has that serious potential to take over Downey/Stark as the main marvel guy based on that clip alone

Can't wait to see what stark/rdj will have to say to rocket and groot...

And if he tries to hit on gamora

Back
Top Bottom