GSWARRIORS THREAD VOL. ANDDD AGAINNNN NBA CHAMPIONS

not too worried about the first two Ls. played against the top two teams in the east. brooklyn mopped the celtics as well, so relatively speaking, that opening night loss to them doesn’t look terrible.

one thing im noticing is that paschal looks uncomfortable finding his shot so far. wanna see him be aggressive again

Still much of the same issues, but looking more like Steph has to have a good game night in and night out to have a chance of keeping the game close.

Decision making has to be improve and rebounding has to be better, it's one thing to place zone, but dudes gotta box out better. Can't believe we won with that shooting percentage and rebounding effort lol.
Oubre gotta break out of that slump at some point, but he's been great on defense and making those hustle plays. He'll be fine.

Still much of the same issues, but looking more like Steph has to have a good game night in and night out to have a chance of keeping the game close.

Decision making has to be improve and rebounding has to be better, it's one thing to place zone, but dudes gotta box out better. Can't believe we won with that shooting percentage and rebounding effort lol.
Oubre gotta break out of that slump at some point, but he's been great on defense and making those hustle plays. He'll be fine.
Wiggins also played good on offense. The team had to gel more and get used to their roles, the structure of this team is still loose and inconsistent. Defensively, we have to play as a unit better too, but again that comes with repetition and familiarity which isn't reached yet due to the lack of play.

I think Kerr is spot on that in a few months this will be a much different team. It’s essentially an overhauled roster. Losing Chriss really sucks. He has great energy on the offensive side of the ball and he kept improving.

finally got that W!!! On our way to 70-2 ya'll >D.

Can't believe Chriss is out, the basketball gods are giving it to the Dubs HARD....

Losing Chriss is a big blow for the W's 2nd unit. I understand that Looney is there, but Chriss adds another element to the roster with his game. With Draymond and Smiley still nursing injuries, I am interested on who Myers is looking at to bring on board. Slim pickings in the FA market. Wouldn't mind Tyson Chandler or even Joakim Noah if they were a couple of years younger. Let's just see what moves they make. Curious if there is anyone in Santa Cruz...

Wiggins and Oubre are going through it, big time. Wiggins played a lot better last night, but Oubre is in a slump.

Without Klay and Draymond, Kerr really needs to run the offense through Steph. Yes, I know they have set plays for specific players to set up Steph.

Would be nice to finish this road trip at .500 and with Oubre finding his form.

Wiseman played decent last night, but Wendell Carter went off. I'm okay with Wiseman shooting the occasional 3, but I want to see him more in the post and being more aggressive there. He's really through it down hard when he goes to the rim, which I am loving.

On to Detroit!

I feel really bad for Chriss. One of the very few warriors players that really worked on his game for the past many months..

Really hope oubre breaks out of his slump vs Detroit. Shooting 40% or below as a team is just not gonna cut it. Will def see more Lee and mulder minutes.
I gotta take back what I said about toscano. Dude knows his role and has been playing valuable minutes, defending, making smart decisions.
I like paschalls aggressiveness but gets crazy tunnel vision when trying make something happen. Hoping Dray can really work with him so he can survey the whole floor better and make better decisions. His defense needs to be better.
Wiseman will be fine. Needs to improve on his positioning on defense. Hoping to see more wise PnR action from the wings.
Really missing Dray not just on D but on offense especially for those high PnR actions with Steph. Need drays IQ and passing and he also our best lob/oop passer. No one on our team can give a decent lob pass lol :smh::smh:

Overheard on KNBR about the idea of Draymond being traded if the season turns out bad.

I would not be surprised if he was traded. Personally thought he'd be traded first before Steph and Klay.

Not sure what team would want to take on his contract.

I know it was discussed before the draft, but would you guys have been okay with acquiring Blake Griffin?

Overheard on KNBR about the idea of Draymond being traded if the season turns out bad.

I would not be surprised if he was traded. Personally thought he'd be traded first before Steph and Klay.

Not sure what team would want to take on his contract.

I know it was discussed before the draft, but would you guys have been okay with acquiring Blake Griffin?

i don't think dray's contract is that bad & either a really bad & young team would take him for veteran leadership or a team that's 1-2 pieces away.

Yeah, i would def risked it for Blake - big fan of his game & think he would be a great 2nd or 3rd option even though given his health history. This season is heavily depending Oubre, Wigs, or the rook becoming reliable and great 2nd and 3rd options.

It's crazy, Draymond has been one of the very players that almost never misses games.
Also crazy to see ppl saying Dray is overrated, yet all these teams are drooling over the thought of having him on the squad (portland and Detroit mainly).

Not sure if I would go for Blake, his injury history worries me. The only players I would've wanted on Detroit before free agency hit at the time was c wood and draft picks. Even if we did get Blake, there's no one on the team aside from Steph that can pass the ball well enough for Blake to be successful.

Dubs looked way better yesterday. Kerr did a decent job simplifying the offense and starting JTA instead of paschall. Oubre and Toscano are straight dawgs on defense.
Wise definitely asserted himself more, not complaining at him fouling out one bit but it’s expected for a rookie big man and he’ll learn as he goes. That block and transition dunk :wow::wow:. So glad he’s on our team. Can’t wait to see dray oubre and wise play D together.

Defensive rotations stood out for me, everyone was selling out, finding a man to cover.The teams making a collective effort defensively, just gotta get those rebounds.

side note: Haliburton a baller, can’t believe he fell that low to the kings at 12. Had him as one of my draft favorites after wise and edwards and ahead of lamelo. Charlotte shoulda drafted him IMO.

it's not how you start the season, it's how you finish it - look at the Miami Heat last year. people might think i'm crazy for saying this & idgaf but i still think this team has championship potential (really banking on "Oubre, Wigs, or the rook becoming reliable and great 2nd and 3rd options")

it's not how you start the season, it's how you finish it - look at the Miami Heat last year. people might think i'm crazy for saying this & idgaf but i still think this team has championship potential (really banking on "Oubre, Wigs, or the rook becoming reliable and great 2nd and 3rd options")
I do believe the dubs got better as far as depth goes. The loss of klay was sooo huge as far as what the warriors that we know of from the past years are capable of. I’ve always enjoyed “the process” and growth of the team from game to game. Ive always been overly critical of our team even in the Cohen years lol.
It comes down to kerrs coaching. He’s a good coach don’t get me wrong. We don’t win chips without kerr and his crew, but I wouldn’t say he’s the greatest tactician. He doesn’t have guys like gentry or even luke Walton to help scheme the offense and luckily we still have Ron Adams. In all honesty coaches would kill to have a roster that the dubs have lol.

I do believe the dubs got better as far as depth goes. The loss of klay was sooo huge as far as what the warriors that we know of from the past years are capable of. I’ve always enjoyed “the process” and growth of the team from game to game. Ive always been overly critical of our team even in the Cohen years lol.
It comes down to kerrs coaching. He’s a good coach don’t get me wrong. We don’t win chips without kerr and his crew, but I wouldn’t say he’s the greatest tactician. He doesn’t have guys like gentry or even luke Walton to help scheme the offense and luckily we still have Ron Adams. In all honesty coaches would kill to have a roster that the dubs have lol.

That's the thing bro!! We legit got talent - shooters, athleticism, scorers, defenders, good bench. We just can't shoot for **** right now lol but im not too worried about that tbh.

Oh, they definitely have better depth than last year. Idk why so many people were high on Ky Bowman, I didn't think he'd be a player that would latch on in the NBA.

JTA has impressed me a lot. I love how hard he works out there.

I agree that the coaching is going to be the main key for this season. Establishing a consistent rotation and setting plays up for Steph to do his thing is going to be big.

I think our injuries are contributed by the Dubs not retaining the previous trainer we had. I forgot her name but she had short blond hair. During her tenure, we were the most durable team, hardly any injuries.....

Back
Top Bottom