GS Warriors '07 First Round APPRECIATION

jpzx

Supporter
I am not a Golden State Warriors fan, but I watched every game of the series, and I was very much entertained. It was one of the only times a #8 seed has beata #1 seed, and it showed that whichever team wanted it more could win it. Every single one of the starters (Baron, Barnes, Biedrins, JRich, Stephen Jackson)contributed something to that team. The Warriors won that series in 6 games, when no one (other than GS fans) expected the Mavs to need 6 games to win it.

I know the Laker/Celtic fans might think this is "stealing their thunder", but that's not what this is at all.

I just wanted to make a thread that appreciates this series, because it was one of the first NBA playoff series since Kobe/Shaq/Kings w/ Webber that I reallyenjoyed in a while.

PlayoffMain2_Final.jpg

stephjacksonnellie.jpg

^Haha. Hate. Appreciated. To see the Warriors play at a high level during the playoffs was amazing. I hope they make it back next season. Having the bestrecord among the teams who didn't make the playoffs leaves a sour taste in a lot of warrior fans mouth.

Seriously, get over it. It's not that impressive to lose in the 2nd round.

Thought you were talking about the draft....I was about to say....

How the hell does Brendan Wright and trading J-Rich deserve its own thread??? Much less an appreciation thread...

im a w's and i believe w's got a very favorable match with the mavs, any other team, they probably wouldve lost.

but it was definitely an exciting series

hopefully it wont take them that long to get back to the playoffs

Originally Posted by Mw2889

A #8 seed beating a #1 seed?

Golden State Warriors Reg. Season: 42-40
Dallas Mavericks Reg. Season: 67-15

The Warriors were two games over .500 & the Mavs ratio of wins/losses was about 5.5 to 1.

That's not impressive?

Why do Warriors fans conveniently forget that Don Nelson used to coach the Mavs and knew exactly how to play them?

Why do Warriors fans conveniently forget that the Warriors acquired Jax and Harrington during the middle of the season? Wouldn't this mean that their seedwas misleading?

Why do Warriors fans conveniently forget that Don Nelson used to coach the Mavs and knew exactly how to play them?

Why do Warriors fans conveniently forget that the Warriors acquired Jax and [color= rgb(0, 255, 0)]was forced to take on[/color] Harrington during the middle of the season? Wouldn't this mean that their seed was misleading?

[ska] fixed for ya
wink.gif
[/ska]

nobody forgets any of the things you mentioned-- don't kid yourself. to me, all of that adds more mystique to that historical playoff run.

For real. Warrior fans are still holding on to this??

Why do Warriors fans conveniently forget that the Warriors acquired Jax and Harrington during the middle of the season? Wouldn't this mean that their seed was misleading?

Yeah cause the Warriors didn't have Jackson and Harrington and miss the playoffs this year.
indifferent.gif

Idk what your talking about, 65-70 points at half every game

Jackson hitting 7 straight threes

Team hitting 14-16 threes a game

half court shots goin in

Fade away threes outa bounds while getting fouled

The fans and how loud they were

Cuban being extra salty

dude the list goes on and on i could still write more but by now u should get the jist

Warriors were MUCH APPRECIATED

Why do Warriors fans conveniently forget that the Warriors acquired Jax and Harrington during the middle of the season? Wouldn't this mean that their seed was misleading?

Having Don Nelson on our side of the team really helped us out, but it was more of the match-ups that mattered most. Who else on the Mavs, besides Dirk,was on the team before Don Nelson left?

That Jackson and Harrington really was a huge boost, but how often does a team mid-season acquire two new players and quickly gel together into the run-and-gunsystem?

Originally Posted by daprescription

Yeah cause the Warriors didn't have Jackson and Harrington and miss the playoffs this year.
indifferent.gif

1. I want to say that they traded someone away...Jason something?

2. The west improved this year. They won 48 games. If I'm not mistaken they are the best team (record) to not make the playoffs.

Originally Posted by daprescription

indifferent.gif

1. I want to say that they traded someone away...Jason something?

2. The west improved this year. They won 48 games. If I'm not mistaken they are the best team (record) to not make the playoffs.

yeah, you're mistaken. the suns hold the record with 49 wins, troll.

Every time a post about the Warriors/Mavs playoff series comes up, someone always says this:

And the rebuttal that always follows is this, "Yeah, but that doesn't explain why we were successful against the Mavs when we had MikeMontgomery as head coach. The key in this series was MATCHUP PROBLEMS."

This is also another typical response in these type of threads:

The typical rebuttal to that is, "But we were successful against the Mavs when we had Dunleavy and Murphy too. The Warriors seeding was partly due tothe fact that we were also injury plagued that year. If you want to take seeding into account, why not crucify the Knicks organization when they beat the Heat.The Knicks weren't your typical 8th seed either. I mean c'mon seriously."

Ohh this is fun, let's try another
[h3]Typical Response said:[/h3]
But the Warriors wouldn't even be in the playoffs if Dallas didn't bench their starters at the end of the season. It should have been the Clippers and Mavs in the 1st round.

[h3]Typical Rebuttal said:[/h3]
Like it's the Warriors' fault that Avery and Cuban rested their starters. Don't even hold that against us. And besides, the Clippers were in the 8th seed but faltered in the end.

Another...
[h3]Typical Response said:[/h3]
Avery blinked first and changed his line up to run with the Warriors. He should have never done that and stick with what got him 67 wins.

[h3]Typical Rebuttal said:[/h3]
And that's the Warriors' fault because...?

I understand it's was last year and it's in the past... people get irritated when someone brings up the past because they don't like the Warriorsor whatever. It's not my purpose to change your mind about that. All I'm saying is don't sell the Warriors' short when they beat the Mavs inthe 1st round. Every argument has it's counter-arguement.

Take it for what it was. It was one of the most exciting playoff series in recent memory. The haters can't deny that some of the stuff that Jehlers02mentioned was simply amazing.

Warriors fans such as myself blow it out of proportion since they hadn't made the playoffs for 13 damn years. Give us a !$!!@# break. If you didn'thave fun watching that series, you have some serious life issues.

Back
Top Bottom