Grey market discussion thread (Let's keep the discussion mature) Rules on pg 1 please read before yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would all those resellers on big cartel stores be considered grey market?  I know most of them obtain their inventory from big box retailers which brings up another question...how do they do it?  I'm very interested.

Would all those resellers on big cartel stores be considered grey market?  I know most of them obtain their inventory from big box retailers which brings up another question...how do they do it?  I'm very interested.

IMO, like i said before i think majority of them get shoes wholesale from GM. why do you think so many are popping up on a daily basis?

these dudes aint got no nike accounts and unless im out of the loop, how else would they be getting tons of legit shoes to sell?

I don't understand, first you raise questions over their quality, noting that they look and feel cheap, but then you say they're the same as store bought shoes.

Smh

sorry for the confusion, but what I am trying to say is that my first time seeing this shoe in person was from the GM. I was unimpressed by the shoe. So unimpressed that I questioned the shoe. Don't have a pair from Nike.com to compare them with but was insured by multiple people its all correct. Then I was just saying that personally if I spent $300 on a pair off of EBAY and got a pair without a receipt or anything looked funny with the box, I would have been upset and thought they were fake(seen 5 pairs, all were pre-creased after paper was removed from shoe toe and heard its like that on retail pairs). My frustration is with JB, I thought these shoes were better than what they are. The hype and limitation of the release made me think the shoe was something more than what it was quality wise. So when I finally seen a pair from the GM I was disappointed.

Most "hyped" shoes have something that separates them from the $50 fakes rather its the tongue, toebox, jumpman ,. These have nothing.....

Just my personal opinion.

Last edited:
sorry to tell you, the leather one all the I's has been C-R-A-P.... CRAP!

anyone who owns them wil tell you the same. the only I's i never heard a complain about is the banned ones since the quality and leather were AMAZING!

the authentic royals(GM) looking good. 

Last edited:
sorry for the confusion, but what I am trying to say is that my first time seeing this shoe in person was from the GM. I was unimpressed by the shoe. So unimpressed that I questioned the shoe. Don't have a pair from Nike.com to compare them with but was insured by multiple people its all correct. Then I was just saying that personally if I spent $300 on a pair off of EBAY and got a pair without a receipt or anything looked funny with the box, I would have been upset and thought they were fake(seen 5 pairs, all were pre-creased after paper was removed from shoe toe and heard its like that on retail pairs). My frustration is with JB, I thought these shoes were better than what they are. The hype and limitation of the release made me think the shoe was something more than what it was quality wise. So when I finally seen a pair from the GM I was disappointed.

Most "hyped" shoes have something that separates them from the $50 fakes rather its the tongue, toebox, jumpman ,. These have nothing.....

Just my personal opinion.
I appreciate the clarification, I really do, but to you and ...

sorry to tell you, the leather one all the I's has been C-R-A-P.... CRAP!

anyone who owns them wil tell you the same. the only I's i never heard a complain about is the banned ones since the quality and leather were AMAZING!

It sounds to me like you both don't really know good leather when you see it. It doesn't need to be tumbled or pebbled to be of a high grade. Leather creases in a certain way, it stretches more than folds (like cheap pleather).
The royals were the best leather shoes I've had in years. The black toes were very good, but not as good.

Though the Banneds were in an extremely high tier in terms of leather quality, I thought the Clovers were exceptional in today's standards.

Yea royals leather is really nice thick n soft. All the others seem pretty much the same to me, maybe knicks n shadows feel a lil better.

Vegas 1s tho kill em all hands down. not even close. (I don't own banneds to compare)

also after doing research they DO have super fakes of IV;s...

those IV;s that were compared to the toro reds were IMO 100% fake, not GM.

i was doing some research and found pairs that looks 98% exact except some minor differences. material and everything is spot on. they sell for $60....

I thought those were fake. They were pretty obvious. I don't know how people could say they couldn't tell the difference.

I appreciate the clarification, I really do, but to you and ...
It sounds to me like you both don't really know good leather when you see it. It doesn't need to be tumbled or pebbled to be of a high grade. Leather creases in a certain way, it stretches more than folds (like cheap pleather).
The royals were the best leather shoes I've had in years. The black toes were very good, but not as good.

Do you mind posting pics of yours? Just wondering how yours are holding up assuming you wear them.

Last edited:
As a guitar player this reminds me of the problems guitar manufacturers go through. Now most iconic instruments like a Les Paul or some other Gibsons are obvious fakes due to being originally american companies but alot of other companies outsource with my favorite brand (esp) being Japanese. Lower models are outsourced to korea, china and even indonesia. There are many old late 80s early 90s models used by artists being replicated and sold through oriental channels. Now obviouly they are replicas but, if they are being pumped out of the same places that production guitars are made or being put together by people in charge of these facilities, what do u make of it. Now that old 2 to 3k guitar is readily available for 5 to 600 bills with maybe zero negligible difference. Obviously a trained eye can tell but the average dude dont know. Its a real shame.

As a guitar player this reminds me of the problems guitar manufacturers go through. Now most iconic instruments like a Les Paul or some other Gibsons are obvious fakes due to being originally american companies but alot of other companies outsource with my favorite brand (esp) being Japanese. Lower models are outsourced to korea, china and even indonesia. There are many old late 80s early 90s models used by artists being replicated and sold through oriental channels. Now obviouly they are replicas but, if they are being pumped out of the same places that production guitars are made or being put together by people in charge of these facilities, what do u make of it. Now that old 2 to 3k guitar is readily available for 5 to 600 bills with maybe zero negligible difference. Obviously a trained eye can tell but the average dude dont know. Its a real shame.

I thought of Pawn Stars when I read this post.

Rick's gonna be like: "Let me just call my friend who's an expert in Les Paul and Gibson guitars outsourced guitars from China, Indonesia and Korea."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom