Grey market discussion thread (Let's keep the discussion mature) Rules on pg 1 please read before yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im getting another pair from rstor and this time its the correct box...

How are you guys gonna tell if its still fake if the tag is off and the box is exchangef?

Last edited:
stop being a snob. they're sneakers, not diamonds. what the hell has JB ever done for you to warrant such loyalty? they make you jump through hoops for these shoes. these sneakers aren't worth the money that people want for them. you think yeezy's are really worth 2,000 dollars? It's a Chinese sneaker that cost 10 bucks to make. The game is already messed up. Something had to change and i for one am glad that there's "alternative" means for buying authentics. and yes they are authentic. it's tough for you to accept that, but it's the truth. nike is in the business of marketing shoes, not BUILDING them.

Nobodies being a snob, your damning the same company that got you hooked to their products because they arent placing their products on your lap... Some people are just better at acquiring the shoes. It is what it is... you try, you fail, you pay up if you need em that badly... This "game" been the same since the early 90's it just keeps getting more popular and adapting to the current means of acquiring kicks.... I dont buy because its popular, I buy what I like & I rather Nike authorized pairs & not have to be a super detective to be able to tell what I'm actually getting. If your so upset @ Nike as a company why do you want thier products??? you rather not pay Nike directly because they dont deserve your "loyalty" & pay somebody else for making Nike products. You dont want to pay Nike for the right to wear their branding... sounds crazy to me. If I felt like you I would be rocking other brands instead. Thats how you really show em that thier company sucks. Its not Nikes fault that the resell of Yeezys is $2000, its us sneaker heads for paying that price. I dont think they are worth $2000, thats why I dont own them but I do think they are nice. Will I ever get them? probably not just like a bunch of other things I can't afford in life... I'm just not being a brat about it.

That is just purely your opinion though, and that is fine.  Me personally, I don't care how limited a sneaker is one bit.  A good example is today.  I copped the Shaqnosis and so did a lot of other people.  I don't care these aren't limited or super limited.  I'm gonna wear them to class on Monday and I will be in a great mood (if weather holds).  That is how I feel about sneakers.  And honestly, it is a good thing if people move on to something else eventually just because they aren't the only ones wearing super limited sneakers anymore.  

You really wanted to humble stunt the Shaqnosis did'nt you? lol
That feeling thats in your gut right now about rocking your kicks on Monday is the same feeling I've had for years when I wear I pair of kicks I really wanted. The challenge of buying authentic pairs add to that feeling personally, Thats why i'm loyal to Nike... that unexplainable love for rocking their products. I dont want to make it harder to differentiate authentic Nike Pairs. What defines authentic to me? If you cant take them back to Nike directly due to a defect that is not authentic. Again its just my preference

Kill the game? The game is so jacked up already, people getting shot in line, bots get all the new releases, twitter link only crap, bots take all the RSVPs...

I can't imagine it getting harder to get sneakers, but I'm sure its possible.

Some of us loved sneakers BEFORE the hype, before any shoe was hard to get, before quickstrikes. We loved them because of the players who wore them, and what they did on the court in those shoes. I copped OG Space Jams via phone order on eastbay, weeks after release date. They sat, and I am fine with that. I loved them, because of the movie.

And don't get it twisted, Nike created this beast. They create the hype, the exclusivity, the violence, the resellers, they create it all because of they way their products are marketed, and this limited BS.

Nike don't care about sneakerhead violence, any more than they care about child labor in sweatshop factories that make their shoes. They don't care about people, they care about money. Screw Nike and their unethical business practices, I applaud the chinese for getting a come up on Nikes, after the way they are treated over there.

I for one, welcome the grey market authentics.

I'm one of those that loved sneakers before this grand hype.. Nike/Jordans have always been hyped up tho. I'm going to be 30 this year and been into kicks since 1992.. 21 yrs... wow. When the blk/red VIII's dropped back then my father took me all around NYC looking for my size & I ended up with a pair of damn Ellesse :smh:. Thats the day it all started for me. I watched those players too man, I was there. Im just not mad at Nike for the love that I and everybody else shows them. If I felt like you I wouldnt represent them buy wearing thier products.. dont give me the unethical BS excuse while rocking a pair of kicks with a jumpman or a Nike swoosh... rock New Balances or Vans & show them that you dont stand by what the company represents. Your just as bad as them then & being a hyprocrite about it. I dont blame Nike, they dont force us to love thier proudcts thats actually our choice.

Last edited:
^they do control the numbers in production. access and reseller prices are as direct result of the numbers they choose to release.

just a little thing you're forgetting about.

Im getting another pair from rstor and this time its the correct box...

How are you guys gonna tell if its still fake if the tag is off and the box is exchangef?

im still under the impression the agent tried to screw you over.

the seller you bought from posted a pair and they looked legit and different from yours and the real nike box. i dont see them sending out fake shoes and boxes. at least if they wanted to screw you over they would have included the real box.

im confident your agent was shady and bought fakes to make more money.

I just cant do it, I dont care how real they look if they are un-authorized pairs y'all can keep them. This is going to kill the "game" if this really becomes popular. One of the reasons we are into Nike/JB in the 1st place is because of the way they release limited pairs of dope models, If these factories are flooding the streets and every Joe can pick up a pair of Royals or whatever model/colorway is popular at the moment people are just going to move on to something else eventually. Killing the exclusivity is going to really hurt sales in the long run

SMH

Nobodies being a snob, your damning the same company that got you hooked to their products because they arent placing their products on your lap... Some people are just better at acquiring the shoes. It is what it is... you try, you fail, you pay up if you need em that badly... This "game" been the same since the early 90's it just keeps getting more popular and adapting to the current means of acquiring kicks.... I dont buy because its popular, I buy what I like & I rather Nike authorized pairs & not have to be a super detective to be able to tell what I'm actually getting. If your so upset @ Nike as a company why do you want thier products??? you rather not pay Nike directly because they dont deserve your "loyalty" & pay somebody else for making Nike products. You dont want to pay Nike for the right to wear their branding... sounds crazy to me. If I felt like you I would be rocking other brands instead. Thats how you really show em that thier company sucks. Its not Nikes fault that the resell of Yeezys is $2000, its us sneaker heads for paying that price. I dont think they are worth $2000, thats why I dont own them but I do think they are nice. Will I ever get them? probably not just like a bunch of other things I can't afford in life... I'm just not being a brat about it.
You really wanted to humble stunt the Shaqnosis did'nt you? lol
That feeling thats in your gut right now about rocking your kicks on Monday is the same feeling I've had for years when I wear I pair of kicks I really wanted. The challenge of buying authentic pairs add to that feeling personally, Thats why i'm loyal to Nike... that unexplainable love for rocking their products. I dont want to make it harder to differentiate authentic Nike Pairs. What defines authentic to me? If you cant take them back to Nike directly due to a defect that is not authentic. Again its just my preference

I'm one of those that loved sneakers before this grand hype.. Nike/Jordans have always been hyped up tho. I'm going to be 30 this year and been into kicks since 1992.. 21 yrs... wow. When the blk/red VIII's dropped back then my father took me all around NYC looking for my size & I ended up with a pair of damn Ellesse :smh:. Thats the day it all started for me. I watched those players too man, I was there. Im just not mad at Nike for the love that I and everybody else shows them. If I felt like you I wouldnt represent them buy wearing thier products.. dont give me the unethical BS excuse while rocking a pair of kicks with a jumpman or a Nike swoosh... rock New Balances or Vans & show them that you dont stand by what the company represents. Your just as bad as them then & being a hyprocrite about it. I dont blame Nike, they dont force us to love thier proudcts thats actually our choice.

I really don't agree with anything you have said. I like nike products/athletes, but I won't be drinking the nike kool-aid and think its consumers' fault for how things are now in the sneaker "game".

Bottom line, people are being manipulated by incredible marketing.

Yo quick question has anyone bough multiple pairs from Taobao at the same time and got charged a customs fee? 

I did with no fee, but I specifically asked the agent to write GIFT on the import label. That was 3 pairs, and it will be YMMV on each person...

Thanks for the reply. I was planning on buying 2 pairs directly from seller. Do you think I could get pass the fees if I asked him to send the 2 pairs in a seperate package? I've oredered from the seller many times. Just never more than two at the same time.

http://i.imgur.com/I3ogMuC.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/AfMHejv.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/GA4g34e.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/WfUq25s.jpg

The price on these are going to have to lower some more. The quality of these are not worth $200+, I know they are pairs going for 300+ on Ebay. They cant justify to me why they have better quality shoes on the GM for cheaper than these. The Chicago 1s seem to have better leather and only be $112 before shipping.

What are your issues with the shoe?

They look and feel cheap and cost more than a lot of shoes on the GM. Then I see a pair of Super Quality Fakes black and Red 1s, that seem to be the same or if not better quality that cost $43.

If you really like this shoe, get it. However if you are trying to buy these to make money off of them. Be prepared to have some pissed customers.

Last edited:
Not saying they are fake or think they are different from the Nike.com pairs. All I'm saying is if I bought a pair on eBay with a messed up box/box tag and had no OG receipt and looked like these I would be worried. It doesn't have the little cardboard for the ankle or even the stamp off the size on the sole.

Can we all sensor out the names of the stores we can get GMs from? There are too many GM sellers on eBay all of a sudden. They are selling these as authentics. SMH.

Not saying they are fake or think they are different from the Nike.com pairs. All I'm saying is if I bought a pair on eBay with a messed up box/box tag and had no OG receipt and looked like these I would be worried. It doesn't have the little cardboard for the ankle or even the stamp off the size on the sole.
I don't understand, first you raise questions over their quality, noting that they look and feel cheap, but then you say they're the same as store bought shoes.

Smh

I really don't agree with anything you have said. I like nike products/athletes, but I won't be drinking the nike kool-aid and think its consumers' fault for how things are now in the sneaker "game".

Bottom line, people are being manipulated by incredible marketing.

You may not agree because you may be engulfed in the Nike Kool-Aid! Willingly paying over retail (shipping included), for an unauthorized and risky pair of sneakers, you're not necessarily fighting the power. By still wearing their likeness, you're marketing the brand and potentially bringing in future prospects. You're not paying them up front, but they're getting money off of you somewhere down the line.

Those pictures honestly make them look pretty good, I'm not really sure what you mean about materials if you don't have a retail pair to compare them to

those look fine to me but then again i dont have a pair and nothing sticks out to me.the blue is dark and perfect and leather looks like it should

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom