Gran Turismo 5 | OT | v2.03 + DLC is LIVE | Is Your Engine Ready?!

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

i was showing my brother these pics and he dont believe me they actual in game pics
laugh.gif

thats cause theyre not, at least not really, the race photos youre seeing are from photo mode (?) and the individual glamour car shots are from photo-travel (?)

when taking pictures in this mode, the ps3 is rendering images "offline" in the sense that its not real time, during gameplay at 60 frames per second the ps3 has 16.6 milliseconds to render 1 frame where as in both those photo modes the ps3 has a couple seconds to render an individual image which allows for better motion blur and more importantly more anti-aliasing, i think the lighting may even be better too

those extra seconds versus 16 milliseconds allows the ps3 to render shots with far more detail, its why the ps3 is able to output photos at 8 megapixels (3840 x 2160) while gameplay takes place at 1280 x 720/1080

the car models and environments dont change between photo mode and gameplay, the difference is the ps3s extra time to render a cleaner and more detailed image (frame)

http://www.noelshack.com/1/1/ruedahrweiler_2-a8d767b748.jpg - ps3 cant render an image that detailed and that clean in real time

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

i was showing my brother these pics and he dont believe me they actual in game pics
laugh.gif

thats cause theyre not, at least not really, the race photos youre seeing are from photo mode (?) and the individual glamour car shots are from photo-travel (?)

when taking pictures in this mode, the ps3 is rendering images "offline" in the sense that its not real time, during gameplay at 60 frames per second the ps3 has 16.6 milliseconds to render 1 frame where as in both those photo modes the ps3 has a couple seconds to render an individual image which allows for better motion blur and more importantly more anti-aliasing, i think the lighting may even be better too

those extra seconds versus 16 milliseconds allows the ps3 to render shots with far more detail, its why the ps3 is able to output photos at 8 megapixels (3840 x 2160) while gameplay takes place at 1280 x 720/1080

the car models and environments dont change between photo mode and gameplay, the difference is the ps3s extra time to render a cleaner and more detailed image (frame)

http://www.noelshack.com/1/1/ruedahrweiler_2-a8d767b748.jpg - ps3 cant render an image that detailed and that clean in real time

Originally Posted by Mister916

What are the rules for selecting our car?
No rules at all, just the car you prefer and seeing what others roll with. Possibly have a race off, like tournament style with the car you pick

Originally Posted by Mister916

What are the rules for selecting our car?
No rules at all, just the car you prefer and seeing what others roll with. Possibly have a race off, like tournament style with the car you pick

xf24wh.png
Your PSN ID and Vehicle

• [font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]You know the routine, give me your PSN ID and i'll add you to the list, also list your preferred car of choice. Note, you won't get this car off the back, you'll most likely have to earn it.[/font]
[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]1. IHeartBoost | 06' Evo IX MR[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]2. JoseBronx | 96' 180sx Type X[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]3. WTFJAYOMGLOL | IS300[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]4. DocShadow11 | 08' 370z Tuned Car [/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]5. Noskey | 04' WRX STi Spec C (Type II)[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]6. BayAreaBully510 | 93' Toyota Tercell TT Spec A[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]7. Shahin1189 | 05' WRX STi Spec C Type RA[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]8. PureMoney | S15 Silvia Spec R Aero[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]9. Sy7158 | Pagani Zonda Type-R[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]10. cmoneymontana | 99' R34 Skyline GT-R V-Spec[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]11. clove503 | 10' Camaro[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]12. theprocessofbelief| 96' RUF CTR2[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]13. Supreme Sole | 98' BMW M Coupe[/font]

xf24wh.png
Your PSN ID and Vehicle

• [font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]You know the routine, give me your PSN ID and i'll add you to the list, also list your preferred car of choice. Note, you won't get this car off the back, you'll most likely have to earn it.[/font]
[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]1. IHeartBoost | 06' Evo IX MR[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]2. JoseBronx | 96' 180sx Type X[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]3. WTFJAYOMGLOL | IS300[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]4. DocShadow11 | 08' 370z Tuned Car [/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]5. Noskey | 04' WRX STi Spec C (Type II)[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]6. BayAreaBully510 | 93' Toyota Tercell TT Spec A[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]7. Shahin1189 | 05' WRX STi Spec C Type RA[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]8. PureMoney | S15 Silvia Spec R Aero[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]9. Sy7158 | Pagani Zonda Type-R[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]10. cmoneymontana | 99' R34 Skyline GT-R V-Spec[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]11. clove503 | 10' Camaro[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]12. theprocessofbelief| 96' RUF CTR2[/font]

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]13. Supreme Sole | 98' BMW M Coupe[/font]

Hey Boost, can I have the Lexus LFA?

I'll prolly pick a different one later, but I think that car is sick!

This will be my first GT, though. Played a little of Prologue. I'm going to be terrible!

Back
Top Bottom