Got scammed on PayPal, what can I do?

Muahahshahahahaha muahahahahaha !!!!

Maybe 6 more pizzas to his house for good measure. Kill kill!!!

Last edited:
The police came to my house a few days ago. I gave the officer all available information and I have enough evidence to pursue charges, citing violation of CA penal code 532 (http://law.onecle.com/california/penal/532.html), which I believe is misdemeanor theft. A report is being prepared and all that's left is for my local DA to sign off on the report in order to pursue the charges.

Well done sir. Glad this is going in the right direction.

Yea the non-shipment chargebacks are easy to fight, and scammers have realized that. Now they do the "Item not as described" chargeback in which basically is an automatic L for the seller, even if everything is legit.

Yeah but the problem is you can't fight them when it's through the bank. They just file the charge as unauthorized.

Okay for those wondering if ebay\paypal can go in your bank and take out money YES THEY CAN.

I recently lost a case for $75. The buyer scammed me. I was gonna let my Paypal stay negative no damn way I was refunding him his money.
But I check this morning and there it is pending transaction of $75 from EBay.

I thought they weren't allowed to do this? I need some help lol. Can I call my bank and ask em to cancel that?

Okay for those wondering if ebay\paypal can go in your bank and take out money YES THEY CAN.

I recently lost a case for $75. The buyer scammed me. I was gonna let my Paypal stay negative no damn way I was refunding him his money.
But I check this morning and there it is pending transaction of $75 from EBay.

I thought they weren't allowed to do this? I need some help lol. Can I call my bank and ask em to cancel that?

yes!! contact your bank don't let ebay get away with this!! wow

I was just thinking about this earlier. If PayPal got rid of card payments, and you were only able to make payments using your balance and bank account, wouldn't that solve the scamming problem?

i put sneakers on craigs list and said if interested text me

the person asks me if i still have them so i said yeah theyre still available. they send me those 3 text messages

thats a scam waiting to happen. im not that stupid

i put sneakers on craigs list and said if interested text me

the person asks me if i still have them so i said yeah theyre still available. they send me those 3 text messages

thats a scam waiting to happen. im not that stupid

classic nigerian scam :lol: "out the country so let me get my secretary's mother in law's neighbor send you money orders"

used paypal to sell shoes

i video taped shipping the shoes. the buyer seemed really cool. he was very thorough asked me alot of questions

like how i was going to ship it (priority express double box tracking etc) he sent the money asap and i sent the shoes afterwards. he gets them today and he is happy with everything. plus my money cleared and its in my bank account

i was thinking about removing my bank account from paypal in case he tries to file a claim. that way paypal cant do **** about it cause my bank account isnt there. but once he leaves feedback i might not have to since they can see he was happy with everything

That's a typical craigslist scam, use to happen to me when I first started using CL ... they usually send those via email, but if you put your number in your ad they contact you via text. It happens pretty often and the stories are ALWAYS the same about being out of town on a "business trip" and how they would like your information to send your payment. It died down for a while but now I see they're back at it.

That's a typical craigslist scam, use to happen to me when I first started using CL ... they usually send those via email, but if you put your number in your ad they contact you via text. It happens pretty often and the stories are ALWAYS the same about being out of town on a "business trip" and how they would like your information to send your payment. It died down for a while but now I see they're back at it.
^this...got the same ish a few days ago. deleted it

Yea the non-shipment chargebacks are easy to fight, and scammers have realized that. Now they do the "Item not as described" chargeback in which basically is an automatic L for the seller, even if everything is legit.
Item not as described is a gold mine for scamming.  The moment they provide tracking info on the shipped back goods, they get a refund.  Your only hope of winning a case like this is if the scammer screws up by not shipping back something similar in weight back to what they received.  

Hate to gravedig but just completed a transaction on PP (seller), and the buyer paid with e-check.

Now, the account is verified but this is the first time I received an e-check through paypal. Obviously, I won't ship until the funds have been processed but the whole thing feels a bit sketch. Hasn't anybody dealt with this before?

Back
Top Bottom