Got scammed on PayPal, what can I do?

Book a flight, get out there and get your **** back....but honestly it's a Loss. Shouldn't have shipped to an unconfirmed address.

You are not that far. Go to his house. Call the police when you confirm that it's in fact his house.

What state are you in op? How much was the sale for?

If he's close by take matters into your own hands like this guy. Don't forget the video camera and backup lol

the owner of the video mentioned in the comments

"Guys heads up. Dateline NBC has contacted me and they are doing a story on online fraud victims. If it all works out, I'll be part of the story. I'll let paypal and Ebay know our stories."

it would be great to expose that and have one of those dateline guys just grill paypal/ebay asking how sellers are protected?

I called the school. They confirmed he is there and they will call me back as soon as possible.

Here's the school info:

North Salem High School

765 14th Street Northeast
Salem, OR 97301
(503) 399-3241
k12.or.us‎

Why do you say that?

You'll be negative in paypal

They'll draw the funds from your debit, credit, or bank account.

They don't let you remove them for like a month or 2 after your last transaction.

Btw, NEVER send payment as gift. My bank did nothing for me & neither did paypal.

Last edited:
You'll be negative in paypal

They'll draw the funds from your debit, credit, or bank account.

They don't let you remove them for like a month or 2 after your last transaction.

Btw, NEVER send payment as gift. My bank did nothing for me & neither did paypal.

They will never charge your credit card or bank account on file.

It's not authorized. You can seriously sew them.

I called again and he is a student there. The info has been passed to a police officer on campus and he will contact me when he can.

I called again and he is a student there. The info has been passed to a police officer on campus and he will contact me when he can.

******G HAT. I would have went about it a tad different. But this sounds good. Make sure to keep it professional and offer to email or FAX documents if necessary.

Don't want to hijack the thread or anything but quick question.
I'm not gonna put his info out there yet either because I don't know what's goin on yet.

So pretty much I sold this guy some shoes for 325, as soon as I had the money I transferred it into my bank account this was on Monday. Yesterday he received the shoes and he texted me saying he got em and loved em. The money was already transferred into my bank so I was good. I had a payment come in for $75 yesterday also.

Yesterday night I get a email from Paypal saying I need to contact them in 7 days and this "You have received a payment that we believe may not have been authorized by the PayPal account holder. Here are the details of the transaction we are investigating"

In the dispute area it says that Paypal is investigating because they think the Paypal account holder had an unauthorized payment.
I had already withdrawed the money so the 325 was in my bank already but now my account is negative and they are holding that payment of 75 dollars that I had.

I messaged him and he said that he didn't file anything and that he was happy with the purchase. He said he was gonna give em a call.

So does Paypal open up cases on there own?? Or is he lying and he opened it up??
I'm gonna call them in a little just wanted to get some info.

On a side note, be aware of a character who goes by the name of Clarret. He's contacted me a few times to purchase with texts like these:

Hello do you still have the DS AIR JORDAN V BLACK/METALLIC 2006 SZ 11 $325 you posted on niketalk for sale?

(1/3)Alright i want to buy your shoes and i want the shoes mailed to my grandson who is a doctor he traveled to Lagos for a Teacher Training and HIV/AIDS

(2/3)Prevention, so can you help me mail it to him, if yes kindly get back to me with your paypal account name and email so i can make the payment and am

(3/3)willing to pay you $400 for the shoes plus shipping fee

The numbers he's used to contact me were:

(682) 729-0035
(682) 238-3697

The PayPal email he gave me was:

[email protected]

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/w...qVANOKiX2rYP7__dikHZK&login_access=1366316620

[email protected]

https://www.paypal.com/verified/[email protected]

Last edited:
If it sounds too good to be true it most definitely is. You know that's a scam off top when they say they are in a diif country and will pay more than you ask.

Hope that clown has to send the $ back or the shoes or both. Eff em

my boy wanted me to sell his macbook for him. told him to put it on craigs list

so he gets a text one day. the person said they would pay the asking price ($1200)

told them to send cash to my paypal email. but i never got it even tho they said they sent the money. im refreshing my email like crazy.

they sent it again and then tells me to check the junk mail 0]

i tell the person i wanna call them and they said noo noo my phone is messed up.. 0]

so i check and i see 2 emails. 1st email said i wont get the money until i provide a tracking number 0]

second email said here is the address and it was some place in africa. nigeria i think. so call the number and hang up to see where the person is located.. LA 0]

i ignored all texts cause i knew it was a scam

last text i got was hello? you have my money? i want my macbook

thats 4 red flags

that was me with a fake bank account

its a real bank account but not in my name or in anyone else, its a stealth bank account. Used to verify the account but obviously you can make or transfer anything to it via paypal.

How is this not fraud?

How is it fraud? its a real bank account it just cant be used for anything other than verifying :lol:

i cant put or take out money, its just so you can be verified without giving up your SSN or REAL bank account with YOUR own money in it.

theres nothing fraudulent about it since its technically MY bank account just with nothing in it.

Back
Top Bottom