Google Music Beta

IOS users cannot access... The player is Flash... I started uploading on Friday and I have almost 4 k.. but my computer hasn't been on the whole time..

IOS users cannot access... The player is Flash... I started uploading on Friday and I have almost 4 k.. but my computer hasn't been on the whole time..

Originally Posted by heavenlee777

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2386491,00.asp

You guys should check this out, compares all 3 of the Cloud services (Amazon, Google, Apple).

From comparisons it seems that the Google one is the best.

Also does the Google Cloud service have no compatibility with any Apple products? Because I don't want to use the Apple Cloud service haha.

Btw Google offers 20,000 songs, which is (according to my iTunes) about 100-150 GB.

It depends on size of songs.

Can one of you guys give me a quick rundown of this?

This is supposed to be revolutionary, but I saw a video last year when the Amazon Cloud service released and none of it seemed important to me.

I know you can listen to your library almost anywhere, but I don't have a smartphone of any sort, and my only music comes through my iPod/Laptop.

So is this even worth it for me?

iCloud will only be useful for those with apple products (typically a MacBook, iPad, iPhone/iPod combo) as google music gets it's full potential with android. Google music doesn't really have that much over iCloud when I look at the charts. The 5GB limit is only for email and documents on the cloud. Pictures and music are unlimited. And you won't need all that web player functionality as it's so tightly integrated in iOS 5.

Remember Google Media is only temporarily free, I guarantee it'll cost more than $25/year when they start charging. For $2/month iTunes matching will allow you to make all your illegally downloaded music legal. That's pretty amazing if you think about. Plus you'll be synced in minutes no matter what the size of your library. Syncing for weeks is not where it's at. Google was probably diddy boppin a few weeks ago and now running scared trying to figure out how to beat the competition.

Just my friendly opinion as a fan of all technology.

You guys should check this out, compares all 3 of the Cloud services (Amazon, Google, Apple).

Also does the Google Cloud service have no compatibility with any Apple products? Because I don't want to use the Apple Cloud service haha.

Btw Google offers 20,000 songs, which is (according to my iTunes) about 100-150 GB.

This is supposed to be revolutionary, but I saw a video last year when the Amazon Cloud service released and none of it seemed important to me.

I know you can listen to your library almost anywhere, but I don't have a smartphone of any sort, and my only music comes through my iPod/Laptop.

iCloud will only be useful for those with apple products (typically a MacBook, iPad, iPhone/iPod combo) as google music gets it's full potential with android. Google music doesn't really have that much over iCloud when I look at the charts. The 5GB limit is only for email and documents on the cloud. Pictures and music are unlimited. And you won't need all that web player functionality as it's so tightly integrated in iOS 5.

Remember Google Media is only temporarily free, I guarantee it'll cost more than $25/year when they start charging. For $2/month iTunes matching will allow you to make all your illegally downloaded music legal. That's pretty amazing if you think about. Plus you'll be synced in minutes no matter what the size of your library. Syncing for weeks is not where it's at. Google was probably diddy boppin a few weeks ago and now running scared trying to figure out how to beat the competition.

Originally Posted by djuzi05

How can you guarantee Goog music will be more than 25/year?  Google seems to always have the best price points when it comes to it's services.   Cloud computing and providing users with lots of storage is nothing new to google.  They have been doing it for many years.  Apple does a better job at branding the technology and making it more user friendly.  The biggest advantage for Apple right now is they have the support of the music labels and Google does not.  It's going to be interesting.

How can you guarantee Goog music will be more than 25/year?  Google seems to always have the best price points when it comes to it's services.   Cloud computing and providing users with lots of storage is nothing new to google.  They have been doing it for many years.  Apple does a better job at branding the technology and making it more user friendly.  The biggest advantage for Apple right now is they have the support of the music labels and Google does not.  It's going to be interesting.

DRETHEMAN, you're right, I can't say for sure that it'll be less that 25/year. But I believe it's going to be difficult for them to get the backing from the big record companies with the model they currently have. You know just uploading all your mp3s straight to their cloud.

And the whole uploading for days to weeks sounds crazy to me. Then to upload a song or album every time you download by going to the website and adding it, it's tedious.

iCloud, you d/l an album from torrents, open it on iTunes and bam its there on all your devices. And all in high quality aac format if it matches to iTunes.

Google made it a hot line, apple made it hot song.

DRETHEMAN, you're right, I can't say for sure that it'll be less that 25/year. But I believe it's going to be difficult for them to get the backing from the big record companies with the model they currently have. You know just uploading all your mp3s straight to their cloud.

And the whole uploading for days to weeks sounds crazy to me. Then to upload a song or album every time you download by going to the website and adding it, it's tedious.

iCloud, you d/l an album from torrents, open it on iTunes and bam its there on all your devices. And all in high quality aac format if it matches to iTunes.

Google made it a hot line, apple made it hot song.

I need conformation on this. 

I need conformation on this. 

HAM CITY, this is how it'll work. When you open a song in your iTunes, Apple will cross check it with their whole iTunes library and if it finds a match the iTunes version is what will be sent to the cloud. That is the whole idea behind iTunes matching and what actually costs the $25/year.

If iTunes can't find a match, then it will upload the song as is into your iCloud. This is what saves you time because iTunes is already in the cloud instead of google music having to upload every single file one at a time.

HAM CITY, this is how it'll work. When you open a song in your iTunes, Apple will cross check it with their whole iTunes library and if it finds a match the iTunes version is what will be sent to the cloud. That is the whole idea behind iTunes matching and what actually costs the $25/year.

If iTunes can't find a match, then it will upload the song as is into your iCloud. This is what saves you time because iTunes is already in the cloud instead of google music having to upload every single file one at a time.

can i get an invite plz
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom