Google Chromebook(s)

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Hmm I may have to look into this...

for what?
its a basically a tablet with a keyboard. Spend the same amount of money on a machine running better hardware and a real OS

Originally Posted by LiveMyReality

Hmm I may have to look into this...

for what?
its a basically a tablet with a keyboard. Spend the same amount of money on a machine running better hardware and a real OS

Originally Posted by LUKEwarm Skywalker

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

Originally Posted by ludex360

i don't get it. is there a hard drive? can you download movies and music?

If your asking these types of questions, this computer if definitely not for you.

It does not need a large hardrive capicity cause all your information is stored over the cloud(Google Servers), Yes you can download music but its in Beta form which you need to be invited in to use for now, all your music sync over cloud and any ChromeOS browser you use on any other computer.

Get with the times and start using Google Chrome oppose to any other browser that isn't cloud based.(IE9, SAFARI ETC...)

People seriously need to wake up and consider the ramifications of protocols of this nature...
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I fell for facebook, I will not fall again.

Doesn't wireless carriers also record subscriber information and data over non-encrypted frequencies? I'd think Google would be the lesser of the two evils if you're meticulous about what information you're putting out on the web. Rather sensitive data scattered over a number of servers and not being able to pin-point a location of identity theft or malicious behavior.

Originally Posted by Levar Burton

Originally Posted by LUKEwarm Skywalker

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

If your asking these types of questions, this computer if definitely not for you.

It does not need a large hardrive capicity cause all your information is stored over the cloud(Google Servers), Yes you can download music but its in Beta form which you need to be invited in to use for now, all your music sync over cloud and any ChromeOS browser you use on any other computer.

Get with the times and start using Google Chrome oppose to any other browser that isn't cloud based.(IE9, SAFARI ETC...)

People seriously need to wake up and consider the ramifications of protocols of this nature...
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I fell for facebook, I will not fall again.

Doesn't wireless carriers also record subscriber information and data over non-encrypted frequencies? I'd think Google would be the lesser of the two evils if you're meticulous about what information you're putting out on the web. Rather sensitive data scattered over a number of servers and not being able to pin-point a location of identity theft or malicious behavior.

Google's servers/paper trails are definitely more anonymous, yet they still hand out information to authorities and commercial markets. Not arguing for either side; jussayin. 
The truth is that it's all recorded and stored anyways.

buggz05 wrote:
Google's servers/paper trails are definitely more anonymous, yet they still hand out information to authorities and commercial markets. Not arguing for either side; jussayin. 
The truth is that it's all recorded and stored anyways.

It's ultimately up to you what you allow to exist on the web, necessity or laziness? ATM vs online banking, alias vs actual government name, school email instead of personal one. If you're just giving away information, there are applied sciences graduates that can utilize your "useless" data and make a fortune.

Anyone still using chromebooks? I prefer them over windows devices. I like how integrated they are.

Switched to Verizon and the promo says we’ll be getting a free one. Read through this thread and realized it’s from 2011:lol:. Hopefully, they’ve considerably improved since. I’d rather not get a home computer if I don’t need to and just let the kids use this.

I got one. Just use it for browsing when I dont wanna be on my phone or if I gotta type up something lengthy.
Which one did you purchase? I just picked in an HP x2 11 this past Friday
20210924_193816.jpg

I'm digging it so far. Chromebooks definitely have come a long way.

Might be taking classes again. Will need a new laptop or maybe try a chromebook. Bought a $300-400 dell laptop on black friday a few years back and its the slowest and laggiest computer i've ever had. Takes over 5 minutes to boot up and I hate the constant windows updates.

Back
Top Bottom