Google Chromebook(s)

Originally Posted by ludex360

I use chrome, what if your internet goes down and you still need to finish a word doc. or spreadsheet?

theyll probably do the same thing theyre doing with gmail which is adding offline functionality

I use chrome, what if your internet goes down and you still need to finish a word doc. or spreadsheet?

there is no word doc, its strictly a internet computer.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

"An improved file manager has also been added to the upcoming version of Chrome OS, plus offline versions of Gmail, Google Calendar, and Google Docs -- all will be made available for Chromebook users this summer. You can learn more about these improvements in the video after the break."

An improved file manager has also b...se improvements in the video after the break.Link

Originally Posted by Zyzz

"An improved file manager has also been added to the upcoming version of Chrome OS, plus offline versions of Gmail, Google Calendar, and Google Docs -- all will be made available for Chromebook users this summer. You can learn more about these improvements in the video after the break."

An improved file manager has also b...se improvements in the video after the break.Link

668.jpg

I think a couple NTers do but I'd recommend going and buying a real netbook or laptop, or hell even a tablet rather than a chromebook. It's not worth the money.

I think a couple NTers do but I'd recommend going and buying a real netbook or laptop, or hell even a tablet rather than a chromebook. It's not worth the money.

Originally Posted by thenewjs23

Sorry to grave dig but I really want to know if anyone else has one of these.

i have the cr-48 what are your questions PM if needed.

Originally Posted by thenewjs23

Sorry to grave dig but I really want to know if anyone else has one of these.

i have the cr-48 what are your questions PM if needed.

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

i don't get it. is there a hard drive? can you download movies and music?

If your asking these types of questions, this computer if definitely not for you.

It does not need a large hardrive capicity cause all your information is stored over the cloud(Google Servers), Yes you can download music but its in Beta form which you need to be invited in to use for now, all your music sync over cloud and any ChromeOS browser you use on any other computer.

Get with the times and start using Google Chrome oppose to any other browser that isn't cloud based.(IE9, SAFARI ETC...)

People seriously need to wake up and consider the ramifications of protocols of this nature...
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I fell for facebook, I will not fall again.

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

i don't get it. is there a hard drive? can you download movies and music?

If your asking these types of questions, this computer if definitely not for you.

It does not need a large hardrive capicity cause all your information is stored over the cloud(Google Servers), Yes you can download music but its in Beta form which you need to be invited in to use for now, all your music sync over cloud and any ChromeOS browser you use on any other computer.

Get with the times and start using Google Chrome oppose to any other browser that isn't cloud based.(IE9, SAFARI ETC...)

People seriously need to wake up and consider the ramifications of protocols of this nature...
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I fell for facebook, I will not fall again.

Just to be clear, Google is marketing these to enterprise and education. Companies can buy these for employees on a subscription based arrangement, and get new hardware every 2 or 3 years. i could see starting a small business and using these to get things going, especially if you are going to be using Google Apps anyway.

Just to be clear, Google is marketing these to enterprise and education. Companies can buy these for employees on a subscription based arrangement, and get new hardware every 2 or 3 years. i could see starting a small business and using these to get things going, especially if you are going to be using Google Apps anyway.

Great idea, but the $349 is way too much even for the cheapest one when you can get a netbook with way more specs than this. If they sold these at $99 a pop then we talkin.

Great idea, but the $349 is way too much even for the cheapest one when you can get a netbook with way more specs than this. If they sold these at $99 a pop then we talkin.

Back
Top Bottom