Goodbye, 2010 COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON - twas a great year,

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

One question, on that long TD run by Boise state, where was that Va tech DB who runs a 4.2 ?

46826504c2d8e093ed54fbe1ea724f5b226ffb09.bmp

"IT WAS A FUNNY ANGLE!"

One question, on that long TD run by Boise state, where was that Va tech DB who runs a 4.2 ?

Don't all of VT's DB's run a 4.2 though? Even their LB's run 4.3's and the DT's all run a 4.5....

Don't all of VT's DB's run a 4.2 though? Even their LB's run 4.3's and the DT's all run a 4.5....

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

So is someone running home from dc?
laugh.gif
That was the worst road trip EVER. I was surrounded by hundreds of Boise fans on the metro after the game (to their credit, all of the Boise fans were REALLY nice people). After the game it took me 2 hrs just to get on a metro train, then they made an announcement several times saying that the blue line train I was on was becoming an orange line train (the line I needed) and going to Vienna. Of course at the transfer station it stays a blue line train like it normally does
indifferent.gif
And it was the last train of the night so I had to get off at the Pentagon and call a cab. Took TWO GOTDAMN HOURS FOR THE CAB TO GET THERE
laugh.gif
Swear to god, two Boise St. fans called a taxi five mins after we did and theirs came in 10 mins; ours took two hours. I ended up calling my dad to give everybody a ride home, when the cab got there we said $@$# you we don't need it anymore.
laugh.gif

As for the game, we pretty much choked that one away like we always do in every other big game. I give Boise credit for stopping our running game (honestly did not expect for our line to run block so poorly/Boise to play the run so well) and their players made plays to win the game.

I feel like we definitely could have won this game, but we spotted them 17 points though and you can't do that.  Fumbled QB snap, TWO personal protectors on the puntblock team missing one guy. That right there cost us 10 points out of the gate. On their 71 yd td Bruce Taylor had that dude in the backfield but left his feet and did an arm tackle instead of tackling properly, that was a HUGE play. On our 2nd to last drive where we ended up kicking a FG, Tyrod put way too much heat on that one throw to Boykin on third down. Yea it was still a catchable ball, but not the most accurate throw. I knew we needed a TD on that drive or we were going to lose. After we kicked that FG to go up 30-26 I knew we were going to lose beyond a shadow of a doubt; I saw that *!*% happen too many times before.

I cannot $%!#%+! believe we passed the ball the way we did on 3rd and 8 with 2 mins left and Boise had no TO's. That's just boneheaded football right there. If we get a first down, we win the game obviously. But don't throw a $%!#%+! sideline route with 1-on-1 coverage
indifferent.gif
If you're going to throw the ball, make a safe throw that you know will be a completion and keep the clock running if you don't get a first down. Or run the ball and keep the clock moving, hell, take a $%!#%+! SACK, just don't throw an incomplete pass you nimrods. What the hell are we doing trying to throw 50 yards downfield with 2 timeouts and a minute left?
indifferent.gif
Get a first down you morons. I guess they just missed how Boise dinked and dunked down the field in like 45 seconds without even having any timeouts?

Also from my view point and the replays on the scoreboard both the block in the back that was retracted and the late hit out of bounds looked questionable. That's 30 yds of field position right there. They still drove down the field too easily though word to Matt Ryan. Our D was like a sieve on that drive.

Bottom line we couldn't run the ball, I have no clue how our line was that inept at run blocking or how Boise's run D became that stout all of a sudden, but that's why we lost. If we could have had any consistency with that I think we would have won. Our D didn't play great, but if we hadn't had all those miscues/turnovers early on, they would have scored in the 20's and that's about all I can ask for. Tyrod had a pretty good game but he missed on several throws that could have been huge (he underthrew those two passes on which they called pass interference, both of which could have been TD's if he throws it on the money). He also overthrew Boykin and missed Davis on the last drive, as well as overthrew Davis in the endzone on an earlier drive.

So is someone running home from dc?
laugh.gif
That was the worst road trip EVER. I was surrounded by hundreds of Boise fans on the metro after the game (to their credit, all of the Boise fans were REALLY nice people). After the game it took me 2 hrs just to get on a metro train, then they made an announcement several times saying that the blue line train I was on was becoming an orange line train (the line I needed) and going to Vienna. Of course at the transfer station it stays a blue line train like it normally does
indifferent.gif
And it was the last train of the night so I had to get off at the Pentagon and call a cab. Took TWO GOTDAMN HOURS FOR THE CAB TO GET THERE
laugh.gif
Swear to god, two Boise St. fans called a taxi five mins after we did and theirs came in 10 mins; ours took two hours. I ended up calling my dad to give everybody a ride home, when the cab got there we said $@$# you we don't need it anymore.
laugh.gif

As for the game, we pretty much choked that one away like we always do in every other big game. I give Boise credit for stopping our running game (honestly did not expect for our line to run block so poorly/Boise to play the run so well) and their players made plays to win the game.

I feel like we definitely could have won this game, but we spotted them 17 points though and you can't do that.  Fumbled QB snap, TWO personal protectors on the puntblock team missing one guy. That right there cost us 10 points out of the gate. On their 71 yd td Bruce Taylor had that dude in the backfield but left his feet and did an arm tackle instead of tackling properly, that was a HUGE play. On our 2nd to last drive where we ended up kicking a FG, Tyrod put way too much heat on that one throw to Boykin on third down. Yea it was still a catchable ball, but not the most accurate throw. I knew we needed a TD on that drive or we were going to lose. After we kicked that FG to go up 30-26 I knew we were going to lose beyond a shadow of a doubt; I saw that *!*% happen too many times before.

I cannot $%!#%+! believe we passed the ball the way we did on 3rd and 8 with 2 mins left and Boise had no TO's. That's just boneheaded football right there. If we get a first down, we win the game obviously. But don't throw a $%!#%+! sideline route with 1-on-1 coverage
indifferent.gif
If you're going to throw the ball, make a safe throw that you know will be a completion and keep the clock running if you don't get a first down. Or run the ball and keep the clock moving, hell, take a $%!#%+! SACK, just don't throw an incomplete pass you nimrods. What the hell are we doing trying to throw 50 yards downfield with 2 timeouts and a minute left?
indifferent.gif
Get a first down you morons. I guess they just missed how Boise dinked and dunked down the field in like 45 seconds without even having any timeouts?

Also from my view point and the replays on the scoreboard both the block in the back that was retracted and the late hit out of bounds looked questionable. That's 30 yds of field position right there. They still drove down the field too easily though word to Matt Ryan. Our D was like a sieve on that drive.

Bottom line we couldn't run the ball, I have no clue how our line was that inept at run blocking or how Boise's run D became that stout all of a sudden, but that's why we lost. If we could have had any consistency with that I think we would have won. Our D didn't play great, but if we hadn't had all those miscues/turnovers early on, they would have scored in the 20's and that's about all I can ask for. Tyrod had a pretty good game but he missed on several throws that could have been huge (he underthrew those two passes on which they called pass interference, both of which could have been TD's if he throws it on the money). He also overthrew Boykin and missed Davis on the last drive, as well as overthrew Davis in the endzone on an earlier drive.

As the only Boise fan on this board I gotta say props to VTech, that game could have gone either way but I do feel like we made a few more plays when we needed to to win.

I have heard that your fans as well as our fans were both mutually respectful towards eachother which is great in my opinion.

Pettis is a baller, Kellen is a hell of a QB and our RB's did work.

I know Ryan Williams had 3 TD's but I felt that we stoned him 95% of the time which has got to be one of the main reasons why we won.

Next up Wyoming.

As the only Boise fan on this board I gotta say props to VTech, that game could have gone either way but I do feel like we made a few more plays when we needed to to win.

I have heard that your fans as well as our fans were both mutually respectful towards eachother which is great in my opinion.

I know Ryan Williams had 3 TD's but I felt that we stoned him 95% of the time which has got to be one of the main reasons why we won.

Next up Wyoming.

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

Coaches Poll:

[table][tr][td]USA Today Coaches' Poll[/td][/tr][tr][td]RK[/td][td]TEAM[/td][td]RECORD[/td][td]PTS[/td][td]PVS[/td][/tr][tr][td]1[/td][td]Alabama (55)[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]1470[/td][td]1[/td][/tr][tr][td]2[/td][td]Ohio State (4)[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]1397[/td][td]2[/td][/tr][tr][td]3[/td][td]Boise State[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]1304[/td][td]5[/td][/tr][tr][td]4[/td][td]Texas[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]1264[/td][td]4[/td][/tr][tr][td]5[/td][td]TCU[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]1144[/td][td]7[/td][/tr][tr][td]6[/td][td]Florida[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]1130[/td][td]3[/td][/tr][tr][td]7[/td][td]Nebraska[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]1085[/td][td]9[/td][/tr][tr][td]8[/td][td]Oregon[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]1054[/td][td]11[/td][/tr][tr][td]9[/td][td]Iowa[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]1027[/td][td]10[/td][/tr][tr][td]10[/td][td]Oklahoma[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]969[/td][td]8[/td][/tr][tr][td]11[/td][td]Wisconsin[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]821[/td][td]12[/td][/tr][tr][td]12[/td][td]Miami (FL)[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]799[/td][td]13[/td][/tr][tr][td]13[/td][td]Virginia Tech[/td][td]0-1[/td][td]698[/td][td]6[/td][/tr][tr][td]14[/td][td]Penn State[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]655[/td][td]14[/td][/tr][tr][td]15[/td][td]Arkansas[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]531[/td][td]19[/td][/tr][tr][td]16[/td][td]LSU[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]527[/td][td]16[/td][/tr][tr][td]17[/td][td]Georgia Tech[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]519[/td][td]17[/td][/tr][tr][td]18[/td][td]Florida State[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]500[/td][td]20[/td][/tr][tr][td]19[/td][td]Georgia[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]458[/td][td]21[/td][/tr][tr][td]20[/td][td]Auburn[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]371[/td][td]23[/td][/tr][tr][td]20[/td][td]Utah[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]371[/td][td]24[/td][/tr][tr][td]22[/td][td]West Virginia[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]185[/td][td]24[/td][/tr][tr][td]23[/td][td]Arizona[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]128[/td][td]NR[/td][/tr][tr][td]24[/td][td]Brigham Young[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]113[/td][td]NR[/td][/tr][tr][td]25[/td][td]South Carolina[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]90[/td][td]NR[/td][/tr][/table]

damn georgia jumped up
pimp.gif
hopefully we can keep moving up

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

Coaches Poll:

[table][tr][td]USA Today Coaches' Poll[/td][/tr][tr][td]RK[/td][td]TEAM[/td][td]RECORD[/td][td]PTS[/td][td]PVS[/td][/tr][tr][td]1[/td][td]Alabama (55)[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]1470[/td][td]1[/td][/tr][tr][td]2[/td][td]Ohio State (4)[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]1397[/td][td]2[/td][/tr][tr][td]3[/td][td]Boise State[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]1304[/td][td]5[/td][/tr][tr][td]4[/td][td]Texas[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]1264[/td][td]4[/td][/tr][tr][td]5[/td][td]TCU[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]1144[/td][td]7[/td][/tr][tr][td]6[/td][td]Florida[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]1130[/td][td]3[/td][/tr][tr][td]7[/td][td]Nebraska[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]1085[/td][td]9[/td][/tr][tr][td]8[/td][td]Oregon[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]1054[/td][td]11[/td][/tr][tr][td]9[/td][td]Iowa[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]1027[/td][td]10[/td][/tr][tr][td]10[/td][td]Oklahoma[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]969[/td][td]8[/td][/tr][tr][td]11[/td][td]Wisconsin[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]821[/td][td]12[/td][/tr][tr][td]12[/td][td]Miami (FL)[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]799[/td][td]13[/td][/tr][tr][td]13[/td][td]Virginia Tech[/td][td]0-1[/td][td]698[/td][td]6[/td][/tr][tr][td]14[/td][td]Penn State[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]655[/td][td]14[/td][/tr][tr][td]15[/td][td]Arkansas[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]531[/td][td]19[/td][/tr][tr][td]16[/td][td]LSU[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]527[/td][td]16[/td][/tr][tr][td]17[/td][td]Georgia Tech[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]519[/td][td]17[/td][/tr][tr][td]18[/td][td]Florida State[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]500[/td][td]20[/td][/tr][tr][td]19[/td][td]Georgia[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]458[/td][td]21[/td][/tr][tr][td]20[/td][td]Auburn[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]371[/td][td]23[/td][/tr][tr][td]20[/td][td]Utah[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]371[/td][td]24[/td][/tr][tr][td]22[/td][td]West Virginia[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]185[/td][td]24[/td][/tr][tr][td]23[/td][td]Arizona[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]128[/td][td]NR[/td][/tr][tr][td]24[/td][td]Brigham Young[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]113[/td][td]NR[/td][/tr][tr][td]25[/td][td]South Carolina[/td][td]1-0[/td][td]90[/td][td]NR[/td][/tr][/table]

damn georgia jumped up
pimp.gif
hopefully we can keep moving up

Hardy Har Har. Go back and watch the replay, the Rover (Davon Morgan) was on that side of the field and was engaged in a block, had no shot to chase him down. Morgan probably runs a 4.7 and nobody has ever claimed he was fast at all. Hosley was on the other side of the field and couldn't do anything about it. We were sold out to stop the run on that play and it almost worked if Bruce didn't blow the tackle. Carmichael is the only DB that anybody ever said runs a 4.29 and I'll stick by him running in the 4.4's at the combine.

Good job throwing in cheap shots after those same corners clowned you guys in the bowl game last year though.

And Ibis not a single one of our LB's or D-lineman is fast and was never made out to be. You must have us confused with UNC.

BTW this was the game that finally convinced me we'll never win it all with this staff (I didn't think we'd win it all this year, but I did think we'd beat Boise and lose to Miami+UNC). Some of the coaching decisions were just straight up idiotic (throwing deep bombs on last drive, throwing a 50-50 ball on a 3rd and 8 when we need the clock to keep running) and we are NEVER in the game mentally from the jump in big games.

Hardy Har Har. Go back and watch the replay, the Rover (Davon Morgan) was on that side of the field and was engaged in a block, had no shot to chase him down. Morgan probably runs a 4.7 and nobody has ever claimed he was fast at all. Hosley was on the other side of the field and couldn't do anything about it. We were sold out to stop the run on that play and it almost worked if Bruce didn't blow the tackle. Carmichael is the only DB that anybody ever said runs a 4.29 and I'll stick by him running in the 4.4's at the combine.

Good job throwing in cheap shots after those same corners clowned you guys in the bowl game last year though.

And Ibis not a single one of our LB's or D-lineman is fast and was never made out to be. You must have us confused with UNC.

BTW this was the game that finally convinced me we'll never win it all with this staff (I didn't think we'd win it all this year, but I did think we'd beat Boise and lose to Miami+UNC). Some of the coaching decisions were just straight up idiotic (throwing deep bombs on last drive, throwing a 50-50 ball on a 3rd and 8 when we need the clock to keep running) and we are NEVER in the game mentally from the jump in big games.

That QB run/give up sack TT took on 2nd and 6 was equally as bad. Williams was chomping off 4 yards a run with the Roberts/Boykin screen pass.

OC straight out thunk himself.

That QB run/give up sack TT took on 2nd and 6 was equally as bad. Williams was chomping off 4 yards a run with the Roberts/Boykin screen pass.

OC straight out thunk himself.

Originally Posted by Where Are You Harold Miner 2

Next up Wyoming.

Most of our fans were pretty hospitable, I saw a few that were being a-holes. It really really sucked to have to be stuck on the metro in a sea of blue after the game, but nearly every Boise fan I talked to was very nice and gracious (most of them were older, couple of the students were douches).

You guys bottled up our running game all night, we had no answer at all. I think that's the biggest reason we lost and I was shocked TBH. Time will tell whether or not our O-line was not up to par or your D-line is all world.

Back
Top Bottom