GOLD to $5000 an oz.....

If I had 5000 to spend which do u guys think is better to buy actual gold bricksOr invest in stock (gold)

Hmm interesting, only problem is it's pretty expensive already, if the economy comes straight in the 2 years, then I dont see it going to 5000, however I can imagine it reaching 2000 by the end of 2011.

Originally Posted by Degenerate423

We need to get an "investing your money for dummies" thread going because I know many of us are interested in investing, but just don't have the time to read books on it...

Maybe i'll Contribute to that.

Originally Posted by Type X

We need to get an "investing your money for dummies" thread going because I know many of us are interested in investing, but just don't have the time to read books on it...

Maybe i'll Contribute to that.

i'd subscribe to that

the reason i made this thread was to inform some on the economy from a different perspective...

people see the market going down along with the purchasing power of their dollars vanish as the yrs go by.... 10 yrs ago gasoline was dollar and change.... gold was 250 dollars an oz and bread prices were about 1 dollar or so per loaf... now those proces have tripled and quadrupled respectively.. thats a steady decline in the value of your dollars..

GOLD AND SILVER HAS BEEN CONSIDERED MONEY BY OUR RACE SINCE OUR INCEPTION... its rare and cannot be printed on demand like FIAT currency... 70 yrs ago Argentina was the wealthist Western country believe it or not... now they are 3rd world.. most dont think it cant happen here but it can and it will

GOLD WILL NOT MAKE YOU RICH , IT PROTECT YOUR PURCHASING POWER AGAINST INFLATION AND STAGFLATION WHICH IS WHAT WE ARE IN NOW...

as of today GOLD IS WORTH MORE THAN PLATINUM... think about that for a sec

Anyone hear that Soros dumped almost all his gold? Citing fears in plummeting price. Be careful...

roll.gif
at people thinking Gold as a stock option.

I swear, man. Gold is insurance, it isn't something you invest in when its low and sell when it's high.
laugh.gif
You aren't buying stock in Whole Foods.

Hey, when gold gets so high that regular people can no longer afford it $5,000+ an ounce, I think people will start buying silver as jewelry instead of gold. Then we may possibly see silver prices soar.  That's a long time away, but I'm talking like 30 years from now.  I might not even be alive then.  
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Anyone hear that Soros dumped almost all his gold? Citing fears in plummeting price. Be careful...
Yeah he did, 10% of his holdings were in it.  But he's also closing doors to his funds, interesting times.  Paulson is still heavy in Gold though and even has a class of shares structure which allows him to get compensated in shares of Gold.

Gold is commodity and there is a bubble due to uncertainty in the stock market.

Moeover, as it stands gold is a form of insurance for some people and an investment for others.

People do invest in gold when they purchase mining stocks. so gold can be vied like a stock option

People just understand. It takes two to create a market. You dont have to be devoted to one side

I play both sides of the fence and have benefited from it. Its too late to jump in the gold craze. Since im late I will be shorting because I know the market can't sustain this momentum for a commodity that normal people dont have a daily use for.

like rashi said earlier people are using gold as insurance....

Gold is unstable. Sure it's rising. But what happens when everyone wants to sell their gold? you cant buy groceries with gold bro.

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

Gold is unstable. Sure it's rising. But what happens when everyone wants to sell their gold? you cant buy groceries with gold bro.

What you guys are missing for the time being is that money is flowing out of stocks and currency and into gold.  The money has to flow and there is nothing that will stop it for the time being. 

Gold to 2000+ an ounce in a few weeks. 

Originally Posted by cguy610

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

What you guys are missing for the time being is that money is flowing out of stocks and currency and into gold.  The money has to flow and there is nothing that will stop it for the time being. 

Gold to 2000+ an ounce in a few weeks. 

I understand cguy but gold is too expensive at the moment. The possible returns dont merit the barrier of entry(price to buy). IMO the only way im goona make money off gold is when prices pull back

There are some stock that are priced attractively at the moment and provide you with the opportunity to cash in big with limited exposure.

Back
Top Bottom