GOLD to $5000 an oz.....

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

Originally Posted by ps2child

Originally Posted by fc15

How exactly do you buy into gold?  Funds?  Indices?  Stocks?  School me...

this.
That i'm trying to build my money up.
you guys are brilliant... buying gold when its at an all time high for man kind
pimp.gif

you will surely make out like bandits
alien.gif

Originally Posted by ThorrocksJs

Honestly is gold really worth anything how is it even good for practical use.
Not really, central banks just like to buy and hold gold for some strange reason. 

Originally Posted by OptimusADL

My question is how would you unload 20K+ worth of gold if you needed to?
holla @ hammer

cash4gold.jpeg

no but theres dealers/refiners you can offload to - even marketplaces like ebay have tons of coins/bullion listed and being bought and sold everyday

NTer DeyKnowYayo posted a few years back that Gold was going to 4-6k and got heat for it, but right now it's at record highs with no signs of slowing down.
Also was it JP Morgan that put out a report yesterday stating they can foresee gold at $2500 by the end of the year?

Originally Posted by rgoya

ETFs are the best way to go when it comes to precious metals. Gold mining companies aren't a bad choice either, they generally follow the price of gold, however just as any other business, they could have problems with management, operations, etc... 
For ETF's look into GLD, GDX, CGL

As for OP...Gold wont hit 5000, but with the way the market is, 2500 wouldn't surprise me.

Agreed.  I sold my shares of Amazon for a nice profit and bought shares of GG (Goldcorp).  It was much easier than buying the actual bullion and storing it at home.  Plus someone earlier posted "How does one unload $20k worth of gold bars anyways?" .....  Good question. 

I like ETF-GLD as well.  I stick to ETFs and notable gold mining corporations.

Originally Posted by capricdragon

ETFs are the best way to go when it comes to precious metals. Gold mining companies aren't a bad choice either, they generally follow the price of gold, however just as any other business, they could have problems with management, operations, etc... 

As for OP...Gold wont hit 5000, but with the way the market is, 2500 wouldn't surprise me.

Agreed.  I sold my shares of Amazon for a nice profit and bought shares of GG (Goldcorp).  It was much easier than buying the actual bullion and storing it at home.  Plus someone earlier posted "How does one unload $20k worth of gold bars anyways?" .....  Good question. 

You know $20K is only a little over 10 ounces.  That is smaller than most cell phones and can easily fit in your pocket. 

as soon as I get my job I'm going to save up most of it to buy some gold. It really cant go down.

Originally Posted by cguy610

You know $20K is only a little over 10 ounces.  That is smaller than most cell phones and can easily fit in your pocket. 

That's true.

was thinking the same thing. 
say i go drop 100k right now for gold.

what am i going to do with 100 bricks of gold. melt it and make my own rolex chains?
laugh.gif

its always funny how we the people put a price or "worth" on things with out much real reasoning.

and yes, i know gold is rare and as all rare metals, they are created in space. etc etc.

Originally Posted by cguy610

That's true.
Having $20k in cash or gold or anything for that matter in your house probably isn't the smartest thing to do...I'd rather own gold through an ETF than worry about what might happen to a chunk of my net worth because something happened to my house. $8 online transaction fee > % of melted value.

Originally Posted by zapatohead408

Originally Posted by ninjahood

me and OP told cats about gold for years.....
I know you got a couple of gold chains etc. do those work as if they were a bar of gold around your neck?
absolutely, cuz da min u wanna get rid of anything da first thing they do is check da % of gold in your chain and da weight.

this is why diamonds aren't worth anything, u get basura back for diamonds...ALL da real value is in da gold.

think your gold possessions as pieces of tangible stock market shares, gold value literally fluctuates at a daily rate. you need nuffin more then da spot price of bullion

and divide it by your % of gold in your jewelry to know its actual value. intrinsic value is separate from hard value. 

its one of da best metal conductors, its SUPER mailable, and it never rust, only chlorine attacks it.

Originally Posted by 8H2i9Frs

was thinking the same thing. 
say i go drop 100k right now for gold.

what am i going to do with 100 bricks of gold. melt it and make my own rolex chains?
laugh.gif

its always funny how we the people put a price or "worth" on things with out much real reasoning.

and yes, i know gold is rare and as all rare metals, they are created in space. etc etc.
You're clearly not understanding the point of protecting your worth through Gold.  The point isn't that you have no use for the gold bricks, you don't have any use for pieces of paper stating you own a share of Company X, either.  Gold goes up your nominal dollar value is going up right with it.  When you need you dollars you can sell the Gold and have a return that's greater than the rate of inflation, thereby not losing money, like you could on a stock even with positive return.

Originally Posted by zapatohead408

me and OP told cats about gold for years.....
I know you got a couple of gold chains etc. do those work as if they were a bar of gold around your neck?
absolutely, cuz da min u wanna get rid of anything da first thing they do is check da % of gold in your chain and da weight.

this is why diamonds aren't worth anything, u get basura back for diamonds...ALL da real value is in da gold.

think your gold possessions as pieces of tangible stock market shares, gold value literally fluctuates at a daily rate. you need nuffin more then da spot price of bullion

and divide it by your % of gold in your jewelry to know its actual value. intrinsic value is separate from hard value. 
so do you think its worth it to buy it by the grams? (2.5) at a time if I cant afford a full ounce yet? I dont want it to get even higher without having any.

True. Even more reason for me to hold on to the cubans that I have collected so far.

People don't be fool. The stock market is out of wack so people are flocking to commodities.

This is a bubble.

The smart investors are not flocking to by gold. we are building or cash reserve so we can position  for the short.

If you really wanna get paid you will prepare to short the metal commodities.

Nija. I never doubted you but your a noob at this investing/economy stuff. I think you should do a little research on shorting because buying is not the only way to make money off commodities

I would invest in a security deposit box if you're going to be stashing a ton of gold. Don't end up like dude getting his crib raided.

Back
Top Bottom