GOING TO VEGAS IN A WEEK VOL: Help me with my experience...

Trying to plan this early, anyone been to Vegas during EDC?
tips/thoughts/etc?

went last year for one day. as far as the strip, it wasnt as crazy as i thought it would be. but getting to/from edc from the strip is pure chaos. it took us one hour to get there and thats only because we left early. leaving is even worse as we waited 3 hours for a taxi. didnt get back to the hotel until 10am.

Yeah, EDC seems like such a logistical nightmare I don't ever want to deal with it.

:lol: its not THAT bad. plus insomniac said theyre working on opening up a new route from the strip to the speedway to improve traffic flow. im hopeful they will get it together this year 8)

:lol: its not THAT bad. plus insomniac said theyre working on opening up a new route from the strip to the speedway to improve traffic flow. im hopeful they will get it together this year 8)

Are they planning on building their own private highway for EDC? Because other than that, it's going to be the same old mess.

Last edited:
Are they planning on building their own private highway for EDC? Because other than that, it's going to be the same old mess.

"Our team is already working diligently with Las Vegas, the
local authorities, and the Speedway to improve traffic flow to make EDC 2013 the best experience yet.
And, of course, we’re also brewing new imaginative ideas for next year!
Fan and artist shuttles as well as taxis to and from the Las Vegas Motor Speedway will have a newly
dedicated route in 2013 to minimize the impact on individual traffic. The parking staff has been increased
in order to move and park cars more quickly in and out of the lots, and there will be additional lanes in
and out of the event. Additional adjustments to enhance the guest experience and relieve transportation
congestion outside of the event are already being planned and tested for implementation during the 2013
festival."

http://electricdaisycarnival.com/LasVegas/splash-files/2013_EDC_LV.pdf

LMAO at fools taxing a taxi to edc... that was YOUR fault.

should've got a shuttle. cabs were taking advantage of people, and as a driver why the hell would you want to be in all that mess and like 3 hours worth of traffic.

2ndly by the second and third day the buses took new routes and we got there a lot faster with No traffic. granted the 2nd day got cancelled due to wind.

edc is nuts, practically 50% of the people in vegas during that weekend were there for it, constant edc chants in the streets, in random stores, at bars, hotel elevators, everywhere. already bought my tickets for the show... gotta figure out this flight and hotel stuff, trying to catch a good deal at the cosmo :lol:

when i visit there i'm going to see one of these five shows
blue man group
wayne newton
chris angel
celin dion :lol: (don't judge me)
david copperfield

anyone who went to any of these shows can you tell me how they were and were they worth it?

i go to vegas solely for the shows and entertainment. i am not a club guy at all lmao. blue man group is pretty damn awesome. one of the most fun shows ive ever been too. ive seen it in vegas and liked it so much i saw it in orlando and in nyc too. orlando was same **** but still enjoyed and nyc had a couple new scenes but the same for the most part but still enjoyed it. the closer the seats the more youll enjoy it.

chris angel i hear is beyond trash. i dont think ive ever met anyone that thoroughly enjoyed it. if your looking for cirque du soleil experience check out zumanity, ka, or o. if your looking for magic, copperfield or penn and teller. theres even coupons in there guide for a free magic show from some guy which was actually pretty decent.

also gotta check out jabbawockeez, pretty good show as well. i def dont reccomend those last minute show places unless you dont care about seat placement. you get the crappy seats no one that can see a seating chart would buy. theres a reason why they never tell you where you will sit.

The Cosmo penthouses are even better. Best Vegas trip ever.
aint nothing compared...I stayed in one for a weekend because one of my buddies has a huge credit line there so they comped it..**** was amazing. I've stayed at ceasars penthouse, mirages villas, and skylofts, but the cosmo penthouse poops over all of em.

LMAO at fools taxing a taxi to edc... that was YOUR fault.
should've got a shuttle. cabs were taking advantage of people, and as a driver why the hell would you want to be in all that mess and like 3 hours worth of traffic.
2ndly by the second and third day the buses took new routes and we got there a lot faster with No traffic. granted the 2nd day got cancelled due to wind.
edc is nuts, practically 50% of the people in vegas during that weekend were there for it, constant edc chants in the streets, in random stores, at bars, hotel elevators, everywhere. already bought my tickets for the show... gotta figure out this flight and hotel stuff, trying to catch a good deal at the cosmo :lol:

That's the same I heard. The shuttles basically got it figured out sooner then later and this year should be even smoother with dedicated routes/lanes for the shuttles vs. cars/taxis.

I bought passes and shuttle passes because either way waiting on a shuttle with some peoples > waiting in traffic hoping someone is good to drive, plus gives everyone a little time to recover.

Want do ya'll think of the Aria and suites there? Basically have about 10+ people coming so we just want to see what a suite will cost and of course we'd rather do a suite then a couple rooms.

i go to vegas solely for the shows and entertainment. i am not a club guy at all lmao. blue man group is pretty damn awesome. one of the most fun shows ive ever been too. ive seen it in vegas and liked it so much i saw it in orlando and in nyc too. orlando was same **** but still enjoyed and nyc had a couple new scenes but the same for the most part but still enjoyed it. the closer the seats the more youll enjoy it.
chris angel i hear is beyond trash. i dont think ive ever met anyone that thoroughly enjoyed it. if your looking for cirque du soleil experience check out zumanity, ka, or o. if your looking for magic, copperfield or penn and teller. theres even coupons in there guide for a free magic show from some guy which was actually pretty decent.
also gotta check out jabbawockeez, pretty good show as well. i def dont reccomend those last minute show places unless you dont care about seat placement. you get the crappy seats no one that can see a seating chart would buy. theres a reason why they never tell you where you will sit.

the jabbawockeez have a show in vegas?!

i'll guess i'll try and watch the BMG, do they change shows every year? or is it the same exact thing? year after year?

aint nothing compared...I stayed in one for a weekend because one of my buddies has a huge credit line there so they comped it..**** was amazing. I've stayed at ceasars penthouse, mirages villas, and skylofts, but the cosmo penthouse poops over all of em.

Same here. Went nuts up there for four nights. Had the two bedroom (master king and two oversized queen bed room). The nicest hotel room I've ever seen. Damn, I miss that lol.

Had a friend who got the MDC bungalow for LDW this year. He said it was nuts. Just walk out into the club at your leisure.

Same here. Went nuts up there for four nights. Had the two bedroom (master king and two oversized queen bed room). The nicest hotel room I've ever seen. Damn, I miss that lol.
Had a friend who got the MDC bungalow for LDW this year. He said it was nuts. Just walk out into the club at your leisure.
buddy is probably a big time player to get a bungalow on LDW...those suckers are hard to get even with money.

My boy had one as well...It was insane. Didn't stay there but went there on a Friday and walking in and out of the club to his room was nuts.

Want do ya'll think of the Aria and suites there? Basically have about 10+ people coming so we just want to see what a suite will cost and of course we'd rather do a suite then a couple rooms.

Aria is a dope hotel. I loved it. Sign up for their email list they have specials all the time you might be able to get a good deal. Right now they have 30% off suites but it only runs through the end of feb.

buddy is probably a big time player to get a bungalow on LDW...those suckers are hard to get even with money.

Nah, not anymore. They even list them online now. All you have to do is call up Cosmo for pricing info. They cost a lot, obviously, but they're not as exclusive as they once were. IIRC, it was something like $2,000/night normally for the penthouse we had, and that was a holiday weekend.

the jabbawockeez have a show in vegas?!

i'll guess i'll try and watch the BMG, do they change shows every year? or is it the same exact thing? year after year?
i saw it the three times a year apart. its pretty much the same except the third time when they changed a little but tbh i enjoyed it even though it was the same for the most part. and they just moved to the monte carlo, same hotel as the jabbawockeez.

just booked. really excited. going for my 21st birthday. got a really good deal on the venetian bella suite. idk how yall are able to afford these penthouses n ****.
booked dec 14-18. body cant wait

any advice or tips on how to spend my bday. not a big gambler or anything.

Last edited:
just booked. really excited. going for my 21st birthday. got a really good deal on the venetian bella suite. idk how yall are able to afford these penthouses n ****.
booked dec 14-18. body cant wait

I'm broke as hell, man. You gotta have big time gambling friends (who are equally broke, in general, but at least get nice rooms).

I'm wondering the same thing. I can't imagine dropping stacks on a place to sleep and drop my bags.

Back
Top Bottom