Going to a concert alone

Yup! I had just moved to a new city and one of my fav hip hop groups, Little Brother was doing their farewell tour. No way I was going to miss that.

I say go for it and make friends w the people around you.

Last edited:
Saw Jay Z at Verizon Center alone. Had found a ticket on StubHub for $27 two hours before the show. Pulled the trigger and rolled out. Had a great time, just vibed with all the people sitting around me.

Fun fact.....buying a single concert ticket guarantees you can basically sit where ever you want. Only did this once. Was out in Vegas coaching a baseball tournament and had a free night away from my players and their families. Other coaches werent hip hop heads. Had an incredible seat and view.

20170708-220730.jpg

(Sorry for the ninjahood pic. Anyone know how to resize?)

I saw The Internet by myself at a bar/cafe. It was cool. Just drank, ate some wings, and watched the performance. I saw Anderson Paak at a concert venue by myself as well. Didn't know he had a show until the night before, which is when I bought my ticket on stubhub. Both the people to my left and right were by themselves. I guess the group sitting there originally couldn't attend.

These are artist that most people can groove too on their own so it wasn't an issue for me. I have no problems singing a long. I probably wouldn't go to a Trey Songz concert by myself.

Done it twice. Would prefer not to but it is what it is.
First time was a blast since I talked to people I wouldn't have if I wasn't alone.

Done it twice. Would prefer not to but it is what it is.
First time was a blast since I talked to people I wouldn't have if I wasn't alone.

This right here. I've done it a handful of times, and even though I'd rather go with people I know, I can't always get friends to see certain artists, or the timing doesn't work out but I don't wanna miss the show. Always end up having a good time once the music starts. I've definitely never regretted going solo, but I HAVE regretted skipping shows.

Quite honestly i do this with the majority of shows i go to because i usually buy tickets Very last minute. I have yet to have a bad experience, people tend to be nicer at shows.

i've done it once for Bas, enjoyed the show. i don't know if i'd go to an R&B concert alone though.

Went to see The Weeknd by myself
Went to see Travis Scott by myself
Went to see Kanye by myself.
Single tickets are A LOT cheaper so you can get really good seats.
I always end up chopping it up with my neighbors. Once the music starts, everyone is just focusing on the performer.

I saw The Internet by myself at a bar/cafe. It was cool. Just drank, ate some wings, and watched the performance. I saw Anderson Paak at a concert venue by myself as well. Didn't know he had a show until the night before, which is when I bought my ticket on stubhub. Both the people to my left and right were by themselves. I guess the group sitting there originally couldn't attend.

Both acts you named are really good! Need more people in your circle that like the same music.

These are artist that most people can groove too on their own so it wasn't an issue for me. I have no problems singing a long. I probably wouldn't go to a Trey Songz concert by myself.

The Internet was one of the shows I went by myself to :lol: Ditched my friends at FYF fest to catch the Anderson .Paak set. Caught a Vic Mensa show solo back when he only had the Innanetape under his belt. Went to Campflognaw by myself last year.

Enjoyed all of them.

Grown adults have to stop being afraid to do activities alone.

This.

I've done plenty of stuff alone cuz either no one was available to go, didn't want to go or they just didn't have funds for that event.

Went to an NBA finals game by myself and had the time of my life. Going on vacation next month alone, no one else could take time off.

No one's gonna look at you funny and if they do they're the weirdos for watching you and not enjoying whatever event you're at.

Live your life man!

went to a few concerts/festivals by myself its still just as fun. everyone is there for the same reason just vibe out and have a good time drink a beer.

Back
Top Bottom