Goin to NYC for the first time this weekend!

53rd and 6th
pimp.gif

im not much of a landmark person so id trek around the city and see how the lifestyle is like

http://nymag.com/restaurants/cheapeats/2010/67139/
http://www.yelp.com/biz/5...-6th-halal-cart-new-york
http://www.nyc10best.com/...t-food-in-new-york-city/

sitting around central park in the sun was fun in it self

ive been tot he empire state, that green lady and its all just tourist junk

soho is nice, shopped at uniqlo (kinda weak) and topmans cause im poor.

go eat at a random italian restaurant in little italy

2210161504_e3f7d7c738.jpg

Go here.. one you arrived you will see for yourself. located 2848 Broadway
(between 111th St & Cathedral Pky) 
[font=arial, 'Lucida Grande', 'Bitstream Vera Sans', verdana, sans-serif]But in case you must see.. 
l.jpg
[/font]

too many spots to name, too bad you're not going in the summer, NYC summer is the greatest make sure you go to south street seaport, great spot really nice on nice days lots to eat, shopping for everyone, street performers and a ton of other stuff to do nearby. also hit soho check out the Garden (don't think you can go in now), and st patrick's cathedral is really nice to just stop in and look around for a bit, or go to a service there, (doubt you want to waste an hour of vacation time in church tho)

OP pm me if your going through queens.

As for manhattan alot of posters already got some spots listed...if your looking for advice on the trip pm me.

I went in may.
pimp.gif

Take the tour bus. You can pay like $40-$50 for the weekend and it drives around all the different sites and spots in town and a new bus comes like every 15min or something to each site to pick you up to the next.

I was able to see: Central Park, Empire State, WTC crash site, Statue of Liberty, Brooklyn Bridge, Chinatown, 5th Ave Shopping district, etc.
I stayed in a hotel down the street from Time square so I was able to walk there anytime I wanted.
Take the Subway at least once somewhere and back. Makes you feel that real NY life 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

seriously take the train to 34th st and walk around. btw all the fake stuff is on 28th and broadway.

cosign. once you see rampant africans in dark colored clothing lined up down the street with suitcases, you know you in the right place.

if you're old enough to drink and plan to do so hit up LES...that's where the dive bars are

otherwise, you're looking to pay >$5 for a draft beer

if you're going with a group Carmine's in the upper westside is a pretty good italian restaurant...definitely make reservations though

if just going w/ one or two people cheap food spots are good...halal carts, greys papaya

Originally Posted by Crumps Brother

if you're old enough to drink and plan to do so hit up LES...that's where the dive bars are

otherwise, you're looking to pay >$5 for a draft beer

if you're going with a group Carmine's in the upper westside is a pretty good italian restaurant...definitely make reservations though

if just going w/ one or two people cheap food spots are good...halal carts, greys papaya

^ You do not have to make reservations for Carmine's. It's nice, but every time I went there, no reservations were made and we were seated within 15 minutes.

Wow loving all these responses and getting very excited for my trip! I am old enough to drink and would love to hit up finnertys as I hear it is a sf giants bar! what is the LES that has great bars?
I always wanted to go to new york since home alone 2 .

Go to McSorleys. It's in East Village off East 7th in between 3rd and 2nd and is one of the oldest bars in the city. All the serve is Light Beer and Dark Beer and they give you two 8 oz glasses of beer per order for like 4 bucks. One of my favorite bars here. Definitely a great spot to stop in for a drink or two.

I hit up this bar called Firefly for college football last Saturday. That was a pretty good set up with projectors showing like 9 games in the seating area and flat screens all above the bar. They had beer towers, but were for OD prices.

But like others said, one of my favorite things to do is just walk around and get lost. So many different sights and people to see, it's great.

Also if you want IMO one of the best burgers in the city go to PJ Clarks. I think its off Park and 54/55th. Order the Cadillac and add any extras you want on it. It's literally one of the best burgers I've ever had. It's a sit down restaurant so if you order that with fries and a beer/drink you will pay ~20 to 25 bucks but it's worth it.

Originally Posted by yanky

Speaking of NY I'm planning a trip soon too. Any good boufet spots to hit up that have vegetarian dishes perhaps?

There are a lot of Indian vegetarian lunch buffets, but New York is not Vegas
laugh.gif

We really don't have many buffets at all.

Originally Posted by SoLeCiTy

laugh.gif

I wouldn't tell him to go out of his way for Koronet, though. There's much better pizza in the city, it just isn't typically the size of a small elephant.

Originally Posted by kilojules64

laugh.gif

I wouldn't tell him to go out of his way for Koronet, though. There's much better pizza in the city, it just isn't typically the size of a small elephant.
It was well worth it though.. is a good experience

laugh.gif

what pizza place would you recommend in manhattan and brooklyn?

still no one responded to me about my location in brooklyn ? is it a shady area or not ? cause if it is im ending my day at 8 pm

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

Go to McSorleys. It's in East Village off East 7th in between 3rd and 2nd and is one of the oldest bars in the city. All the serve is Light Beer and Dark Beer and they give you two 8 oz glasses of beer per order for like 4 bucks. One of my favorite bars here. Definitely a great spot to stop in for a drink or two.

I hit up this bar called Firefly for college football last Saturday. That was a pretty good set up with projectors showing like 9 games in the seating area and flat screens all above the bar. They had beer towers, but were for OD prices.

But like others said, one of my favorite things to do is just walk around and get lost. So many different sights and people to see, it's great.

Also if you want IMO one of the best burgers in the city go to PJ Clarks. I think its off Park and 54/55th. Order the Cadillac and add any extras you want on it. It's literally one of the best burgers I've ever had. It's a sit down restaurant so if you order that with fries and a beer/drink you will pay ~20 to 25 bucks but it's worth it.
the mcsorleys place looks like a lot of fun. would you know any other places like that ? also the more food places the better keep em coming
happy.gif

Originally Posted by vick the quick

laugh.gif

what pizza place would you recommend in manhattan and brooklyn?
You need to find one of those dollar spots in the city.
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

If you're in brooklyn def check L & B spumoni, one of the best pizza spots and mad cheap too, also hit up juniors for some of the best cheesecake. Op if you in queens hit me up. LES is lower east side, good bars, shoot me a pm and we can def hit it up. We can hit up ninja for a tour of da mami's in da heightz

I am a Cali guy how is the reefer over there? I keep hearing it sucks wouldn't really go out of my way to get it just a thought.
Almost forgot about juniors cheesecake I always wanted to try it since da band walked there for diddy.
Thanks for the responses I appreciate it a lot.

Another quick question is there a day or 2 day pass for the subway system all I see is the 7 days and don't really need the extra days

Back
Top Bottom