God Of War Thread: Ragnarok (Out Now) (PS5 & PS4) **No Spoilers**

got like 4 valkyrie's defeated. Came back after beating the main story and they were way easier. Straight axe em in the air to get their *** grounded and went ham with the axe runic attacks. Then a legendary rune that slows down time to switch over to the chaos blades for their runic attacks as well. I Still died but not as fast or as much. Love this game

Finally beat the game and what a game it was. Will be able to add to the list of generation defining games that I can say I fully experienced when people ask “where were you when _____ came out”. Beyond a worthy addition to the GoW games. All I have left to do is 4 other Valkyrie’s and the Valkyrie Queen. May wait to that but I’m content. See myself booting the game back up in a year to reminisce. The sequel has so much potential but I don’t know how they can capitalize on this other than more and larger boss battles. Time to finish Uncharted 4 as I wait patiently for the greatness that is Spider-Man...

I was such a fool lol The Valkyrie's blinding move has no effect if you're not looking. Been getting wrecked out here for no reason.

Good tips, just finished the three portals in the fog. About to take on one of the Valkyrie’s tomorrow, been upgrading my armor and weapons. Mixing in enchantments and stuff. Level wise I’m like an 8.5, I think once I beat this particular Valkyrie I’ll be able to max out my Blades of Chaos & jump to a 9 after that.

So, wrapped up almost all the Valkyries except two. The Queen, is one & the Valkyrie that’s in the fog that I wanted to save until last. Been upgrading my armor & stuff so I’m at an 8.5 level wise. Hoping to be at 9 soon! Just a tip, when fighting the Valkyries there’s usually an Odin’s Eyes Birds somewhere near that you can kill before fighting the Valkyries. Even if you die they stay dead so you don’t have to kill them each time you respawn if you happen to lose the fight.

If I have to hear Valhalla one more ******* time :smh: I can always come back to fight Rota when I'm stronger but its the fact that I always die when she has the last bar left

I wanna go back to Muspelheim and get the last arena out the way, but I just unlocked the Blades of Chaos not that long ago. I'd just get destroyed :lol:

If I have to hear Valhalla one more ******* time :smh: I can always come back to fight Rota when I'm stronger but its the fact that I always die when she has the last bar left

I wanna go back to Muspelheim and get the last arena out the way, but I just unlocked the Blades of Chaos not that long ago. I'd just get destroyed :lol:

When she flies up make sure to hit her with the arrows! Also, be sure to have the proper equipment attached to your son. There’s one outfit that increases damage & stuns happen more likely I believe to. Do you have your runic abilities all the way upgraded on both you & your son? I max those out! Also, under enchantments certain of those give an extra boost to your runic “special” attack to increase duration or add more damage.
Also, be sure to have a Healthstone, don’t get the one that just adds rage.

Last edited:
OneNightDan OneNightDan I ended up beating her an hour later. So frustrating :lol: appreciate the advice though fam. Think I have like 3 more Valkyries to beat total although I need to leave all the side stuff alone for a bit and work on beating the story already

OneNightDan OneNightDan I ended up beating her an hour later. So frustrating :lol: appreciate the advice though fam. Think I have like 3 more Valkyries to beat total although I need to leave all the side stuff alone for a bit and work on beating the story already

My girl has slowly been coming around to God Of War, she has seen me fight & beat all the Valkyries but she says I can’t fight the queen unless she’s here because she wants to see lol
Other than that I believe that’s the whole story. Been going around and finishing the side-side-side quest stuff. Ready to start GOW 3; got it at Best Buy for $20.

Fought my first Valkyrie. Damn was so hard. Took me like 10 mins to figure out the rut hum and I still kept dying too :lol:

I was determined to beat that thing.

the valkyrie queen gave me some trouble. She's tough.
God of War does feel like a full game, no dlc is needed in my opinion. It does leave you wanting but that's good. That's how it should be.
Can't wait to play the next game.

Just got the Queen left, I don’t know if the smaller side quest are worth doing though. “Odin’s Eyes”, “Artifacts”, treasure maps, etc...

Just got the Queen left, I don’t know if the smaller side quest are worth doing though. “Odin’s Eyes”, “Artifcats”, treasure maps, etc...

I know I missed a few of Odin's eyes already.

Not going to bother looking for them.

There are like 50 I believe.

I wanna’ wrap up the last few things, & go back to play GOW 3, I hope it lasts a little longer than this one did.

Back
Top Bottom