GOAT APP legit?

and it takes a few days once goat receives the shoes for the seller to get payment ?

also whats the differences between this and stock x

i kind of like stock x more
yes

the biggest difference previously was the seller isn't charged anything for shipping and it was 9.5% v 10% commish, but now goat charges $5 shipping and will be 9.5% + 2.9% cashout fee so they're gonna be very similar moving forward

and it takes a few days once goat receives the shoes for the seller to get payment ?

also whats the differences between this and stock x

i kind of like stock x more

**** been moving for you on StockX?

I haven't listed a ton of sneakers on there yet but in the past week only moved 1 out of the 8 I got on there.

yes

the biggest difference previously was the seller isn't charged anything for shipping and it was 9.5% v 10% commish, but now goat charges $5 shipping and will be 9.5% + 2.9% cashout fee so they're gonna be very similar moving forward

That's basically eBay + PayPal fee levels. 2.9% cash out fee is definitely excessive.

Since you seem like you've sold on both StockX and GOAT, which is faster?

Last edited:
That's basically eBay + PayPal fee levels. 2.9% cash out fee is definitely excessive.

Since you seem like you've sold on both StockX and GOAT, which is faster?
haven't sold on stockx - I feel like they're having issues with buyer/seller reliability since stockx apparent now charges $25 if you flake on either side (buy or sell). GOAT seems to police a little better, on top of the fact they vet sellers before theyr'e allowed to post.

GOAT is pretty fast - if you have a relatively sought after sneaker at the lowest price things definitely move along quickly. For example If you sell something on Monday, ship on tuesday, and they receive thursday, they usually cash you out the same day. then you request a cashout and that generally takes 1-2 days.

Used to sell heavily through FCNY but got tired of lugging sneakers back and forth then sitting on them forever if they dont sell. With GOAT I just print out the label stick it in a box and drop it off in the mailbox at my office.

haven't sold on stockx - I feel like they're having issues with buyer/seller reliability since stockx apparent now charges $25 if you flake on either side (buy or sell). GOAT seems to police a little better, on top of the fact they vet sellers before theyr'e allowed to post.

GOAT is pretty fast - if you have a relatively sought after sneaker at the lowest price things definitely move along quickly. For example If you sell something on Monday, ship on tuesday, and they receive thursday, they usually cash you out the same day. then you request a cashout and that generally takes 1-2 days.

Used to sell heavily through FCNY but got tired of lugging sneakers back and forth then sitting on them forever if they dont sell. With GOAT I just print out the label stick it in a box and drop it off in the mailbox at my office.

Cats is low balling the hell out of me right now on StockX. One cat increases his bid by 5 dollars on a daily basis, sometimes he lowers it by 5. I want to reach through the screen and smack the **** out of whoever it is every time I get an email update from his bids. :lol:

Last edited:
So I like stock x a bit better since you can just list the ds shoe where as you have to take pics with a mobile device on Goat. Nothing is moving on stock x though that I have up. I did up my first pair off stock x on saturday (white red 11 lows for 230). We will see how long it takes. Also another downfall of stock x, the "average" prices are soooo inflated.

So I like stock x a bit better since you can just list the ds shoe where as you have to take pics with a mobile device on Goat. Nothing is moving on stock x though that I have up. I did up my first pair off stock x on saturday (white red 11 lows for 230). We will see how long it takes. Also another downfall of stock x, the "average" prices are soooo inflated.

Nah I think StockX market values are on point. If you look at what **** moves for on eBay it seems par for the course.

It's only on Twitter the land of the broke boys and "resell is dead" where folks move **** for the low. Typically out of desperation.

FCNY still moves **** for big money. It's only super GRs that don't move at all.

Last edited:
They must be backed up, first time
I haven't been paid the Day thy receive the kicks.

the thing about stockx is people can just list any sneaker they want regardless if they're in hand or not. With mid price GR Jordans/NMDs, the $10 shipping + 10% commish eats into the returns. For those who still have the free bank xfer, $5 + 9.5% commish is a little better on GOAT. With GOAT, unless your seller record is 150+ (25 or more successful transaction) you can't post anything without pictures. I really think this is a good way to keep their marketplace honest.

I've sold
Over 30 kicks tho and my rating isn't 150?

[emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji]

GOAT simply has a better user experience. Despite having to upload pictures and the fees, I prefer them over eBay and stockx. Stockx has a convoluted interface and their data is highly questionable. I don't trust data if the source isn't cited. On top of that, there are bugs in sales reported and, at least for me, I've found more shoes are available via GOAT.

With that said, both options are free to list, so you might as well list on both if it's an option.

You must have cancellations

Nope, had just on that was probably 6+ months ago

Currently have 31 sold kicks with zero issue. About to be 32 once this delivered one gets cashed our

Yo guys I haven't been as active on NT as I honestly could have been through the years but I will be more. Anyhow, just like to say thanks to all you guys in here for the convo and info you guys share. Because of y'all I was able to get approved to sell on Goat app even though I've never sold shoes b4 online. I've been copping shoes for the past 6+ years and have A lot of shoes. But I'm at the point where I want to down size my collection and start to use this hobby to fund it's self if you know what I mean. I had been hearing good stuff about Goat but when I saw that you had to be approved to sell I figured they probably never would since I have no noteworthy selling history. However, I read what you guys were advising to each other and decided to give it a shot. So I emailed them yesterday requesting to sell and giving a lot of details about me as a sneaker head, then I sent my official request their he app.

So today I received an email back from them confirming that they received my request and that they would contact me again later (no set time). So I was honestly happy that they would at least consider me. Now 6 hours or so pass and I received another email saying that they approved me as a seller! So I just gotta come and show some love to all you guys in here for helping me get approved!

Thanks again guys! And I do my best to be a positive contributor to the NT COMMUNITY!

P.S. sorry for the long *** post. Had to be patient myself cause I typed this from my iPhone LOL

How do u get their damn camera to focus? Especially on the inside tag
I used a little trick by shining a flashlight in the shoe so light will allow the camera to focus better. Also don't shine it directly on the tag just inside the shoe.
Hope this helps [emoji]128076[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji]

You don't need to post the inside tag. I always skipped it

Never had an issue

I tried that and each time told me i was missin a pic. So i just posted it blurry cuz i was tired of f'n with it.

Then the flash automatically kept coming on when i had full lighting so i had to use a piece of paper to cover it up it eventually stopped coming on

finally sold my yeezys. 4th guy who bought actually paid.

just curious, if i ship out to goat, will the buyer be able to cancel? anyone ever had issues like that?

Last edited:
They can only cancel within 3 hours or before the seller confirms the order whichever comes first.

I'm glad I found this thread!  

I'm in talks with someone trying to purchase a pair of Fragment Jordan 1's, which he purchased from GOAT. He has all the paperwork and email stating the shoes are authentic.  I went one step further and emailed GOAT to verify the authenticity of the paperwork and if the user has purchased the Fragments from GOAT.  They were able to confirm both: paperwork is authentic and the buyer purchased Fragments from them.  However, they did state that the shoes could be of a different non-authentic pair.  

So my question is......why doesn't GOAT include the shoe's UPC or bar code information on their Certification papers to verify the shoe to the paperwork?  Seems to me, that's the reason you would get your shoe authenticated with official documentation.

Back
Top Bottom