Gilbert Arenas' thoughts on NBA players and contracts

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

You are never going to be able to go deep into the playoffs with a shoot first one guard as your best player.

_1379322_iverson300.jpg

Comparing Arenas to AI is blasphemy. Also that year was probably the weakest the eastern confrence has ever been. The east is too deep fro something likethat to happen again.

Dwight's ceiling is so much higher than Emeka's it's not even close.

Emeka can be one notch below Dwight but not his equal.

Dwight is so raw and his numbers are still superior to Emeka.

Originally Posted by TheAndrea3000

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Emeka Okafor has the ability to put up Dwight numbers
No.

Uh, Yes? The only thing that Dwight has on Emeka is 2 inches and some athleticism, Emeka has always had a far higher basketball I.Q, and a better nose for the ball. His offensive game is probably slightly more advanced than except he plays with chucking, ball dominating swing men.

You guys are being way to dismissive there was a time last year that Emeka was averaging 25 and 13 boards a game then the injuries hit. He has had these 20 board games and 10 block nights despite his size and lack of athleticism. If he puts it all together it's impossible for him to average 20 and 14?

Your love affair with Dwight is clouding your mind.

will you please start a new thread about this, I want to see if there's one person on NT who believes you. sure okafor might someday put up 20-14, buthe still wouldn't be what howard is
Howard's numbers this season: 23.5 ppg, 15 rpg, 2.9 bpg, 1.4 apg, .614 fg%, 38.4 mpg
Okafor's numbers this season: 13.2 ppg, 11 rpg, 2.0 bpg, 0.4 apg, .530 fg%, 33.7 mpg

and these stats don't even BEGIN to describe the impact Howard has on both ends of the floor.

Originally Posted by FlashEightZero

Originally Posted by TheAndrea3000

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Emeka Okafor has the ability to put up Dwight numbers
No.

Uh, Yes? The only thing that Dwight has on Emeka is 2 inches and some athleticism, Emeka has always had a far higher basketball I.Q, and a better nose for the ball. His offensive game is probably slightly more advanced than except he plays with chucking, ball dominating swing men.

You guys are being way to dismissive there was a time last year that Emeka was averaging 25 and 13 boards a game then the injuries hit. He has had these 20 board games and 10 block nights despite his size and lack of athleticism. If he puts it all together it's impossible for him to average 20 and 14?

Your love affair with Dwight is clouding your mind.

will you please start a new thread about this, I want to see if there's one person on NT who believes you. sure okafor might someday put up 20-14, but he still wouldn't be what howard is
Howard's numbers this season: 23.5 ppg, 15 rpg, 2.9 bpg, 1.4 apg, .614 fg%, 38.4 mpg
Okafor's numbers this season: 13.2 ppg, 11 rpg, 2.0 bpg, 0.4 apg, .530 fg%, 33.7 mpg

and these stats don't even BEGIN to describe the impact Howard has on both ends of the floor.

Okay, so what are we arguing about? Point is Okafor has show flashes, it's not out of the realm of possibility that he puts it together and averageswhatever Dwight averages.

Also, don't make it bigger than it is, it describes his impact just fine.

^^ this is what you said: okafor is as good as howard
this is what i said: you're wrong

are you changing your stance to just say that maybe possibly someday okafor might put up numbers somewhere near what howard is doing now? if that's thecase, then yeah, maybe possibly someday, but it still won't be with the type of impact howard has

Okay, so what are we arguing about? Point is Okafor has show flashes, it's not out of the realm of possibility that he puts it together and averages whatever Dwight averages.
Even Walter Hermann showed flashes of brilliance last season. That doesn't mean hes going to be a franchise player. It's not happening.

If somebody offers you $12 million and you think you're worth more than that, somebody should punch you in your face if you turn down that money.
^ that's just hilarious.... but true
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

andrea3000 is clowning but i expect that out of him since ive been lurking the sports and training threads...

and the east was not as weak as you make it seem that year... AI had to faceoff against ray ray, cassell and robinson.... and a very good and underated raptorsteam. heat and new york were arite 2... its only this year that the east has brought it up again. Id say years previous was the worst the east has been

man 2001 was the most exciting playoffs by far in the NBA in the post Bulls era..... Lakers sweeping into the Finals
pimp.gif
.....beating the Spurs by 39pts and 29 pts the last two games before the Finals
eek.gif
.....and the East was nice too........the Sixers/Raptors series
pimp.gif
......Iverson and VC trading 50 pt games like nothing......Bucks and Sixers series was nicetoo......but to this day it still puzzles me why the Bucks traded Ray Allen........

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Okay, so what are we arguing about? Point is Okafor has show flashes, it's not out of the realm of possibility that he puts it together and averages whatever Dwight averages.
Even Walter Hermann showed flashes of brilliance last season. That doesn't mean hes going to be a franchise player. It's not happening.

How sure are you?

BullsRepeat3Peat .... you're right on, those playoffs were exciting but I don't think the Bucks and the Raptors faced off; I thought the Raptors andthe Bucks were both eliminated by the Sixers that year but I could be wrong. Also, what I don't get about that deal is why the Sonics traded GP (maybebecause of his expiring contract?). I think he had played 999 games as a Sonic when they traded him. They even had a celebration for his 1000th game plannedout, which is really sad cause GP should've retired as a Sonic (even though he finally did get that ring in Miami).

Anyways, Gilbert is dead on, you see this way too often with way too many players and guys like Deng, Iguodala and Okafor should be more than happy with 12million. They are all solid players but I don't think they deserve anymore than that. I'm not gonna even comment on Varejao except for the fact that heis either mentally ******ed or the most dillusional player ever to demand the money he was demanding for 6 points, 6 rebounds and 18 charges taken agame....that's just absurd...

I too was surprised to see Okafor, Gordon, Igoudala, and Deng all turn down their contract extension offers. I thought all of them were in the proper targetvalue range for their order drafted and how they have contributed to their teams.

Aristotle604
I don't think the Bucks and the Raptors faced off; I thought the Raptors and the Bucks were both eliminated by the Sixers that year but I could be wrong.

ya I meant the Bucks and Sixers ECF series

that 2001 playoffs was a dandy to watch. absolutely loved it. (except raptors being ousted by the sixers)

gilbert is the man
he knows what he talks about
and i truely believe he plays for the love
sure money is nice
but he works hard

Back
Top Bottom