Ghostface Killah - Twelve Reasons To Die

Will be picking this up from Best Buy since Ballerific703 said it had an instrumental album included as a bonus.

The only album I haven't been feeling from GFK was Apollo Kids.  This is what GFK had to say about it.
Complex: Apollo Kids?

Ghostface Killah:  Yeah, but that was a mixtape. That wasn’t no album. They wanted Supreme, I’m gassing for them to do Supreme. But I caught them ****** real quick for their bread and then gave them Apollo Kids. That was gonna be called The Warm Up, but they was like, “Nah, I know what you’re trying to do.” They caught on.

Will be picking this up from Best Buy since Ballerific703 said it had an instrumental album included as a bonus.

The only album I haven't been feeling from GFK was Apollo Kids.  This is what GFK had to say about it.

Complex: Apollo Kids
?

Ghostface Killah:
 Yeah, but that was a mixtape. That wasn’t no album. They wanted Supreme
, I’m gassing for them to do Supreme
. But I caught them ****** real quick for their bread and then gave them Apollo Kids
. That was gonna be called The Warm Up
, but they was like, “Nah, I know what you’re trying to do.” They caught on.
:nerd: link to this interview?????

Edit: NVM i found it http://www.complex.com/music/2012/1...uch-wu-block-tour-stories-chris-lighty/page/1
quote is from page 2

Last edited:
nerd.gif
link to this interview?????

Edit: NVM i found it http://www.complex.com/music/2012/1...uch-wu-block-tour-stories-chris-lighty/page/1
quote is from page 2
Yeah, that's the one I pulled it from.  I remember him saying in another interview that he rushed that album to give them something because they wanted him to put something else out right quick.  I was looking for that when I came across this, but it pretty much tells the same tale.

Target didn't have it so had to go to Best Buy during my lunch break. Won't have a chance to listen to the full thing before class but the 1st track alone is
pimp.gif

Just finished listening and the production on this really stood out the most to me. I need to check for more of this dude's work
Good pickups. I need to hit best buy and grab the same two CDs. Jessie Ware album is too nice.

That cashier at Best Buy did a light chuckle as she was ringing this album up, and I was like "What girl, you never hears of Ghostface Killah?" and she was like "I heard his name before, but never any of his songs, and I didn't even know he still rapped." I sort of laughed and said "Well this was fun" grabbed the album and left :lol: can't wait to listen :pimp:

This is the second time somebody mentioned something funny about a GFK album. When I bought Fishscale, this chick said "ewww, why are you buying his album? You should get the new Yeezy instead." There wasn't a big enough stoneface to hit her with.

album is crazy!

waiting for someone to upload "The Brown Tape" version

Last edited:
I'm digging this album. Love how it flows, but not sure I could listen to these songs randomly, feel like i have to start from the beginning each time

I'm feeling this joint so far. Sounds like some classic Ghost.

The first verse on I Declare War :x :pimp:

Last edited:
I figured Apollo Kids was just something thrown together, since it seemed like a bunch of bsides. It's funny though, cause a thrown together GFK album is still better than a lot of peoples actual hyped albums

never listened to ghost but this album is surprisingly good. im a fan of the guitar and other various instruments used on the beats and the actualy rapping was pretty great too. this will def be in the rotation

Anybody got a hold of that Brown tape...the remix of 12 Reasons with all Apollo Brown joints

Finally got around to downloading off iTunes.

Playing it now, on #3, :smokin so far

Last edited:
This album is ******g dope man. The concept, the beats, the story, the RZA on narration, the packaging, the ************ comic book!

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

I love Wu-Tang man.

Back
Top Bottom