Getting fake Jordans on eBay? Does eBay resolve issues?

What's up guys,

Sorry if this is in the wrong section first of all.  Mods please move it if it is.

Well anyway, I luckily haven't won any auctions for fake Jordans on eBay (yet lol).  But I'm sure that it's happened to some of you sadly.  I just want to know, how is eBay at resolving these issues and getting you your money back?

If an auction says the shoes are authentic, yet you receive fakes, is that enough for you to complain and get a refund?

What have your experiences been like with getting fake Jordans (or even Nike's or whatever)?

Thanks.

What's up guys,

Sorry if this is in the wrong section first of all.  Mods please move it if it is.

Well anyway, I luckily haven't won any auctions for fake Jordans on eBay (yet lol).  But I'm sure that it's happened to some of you sadly.  I just want to know, how is eBay at resolving these issues and getting you your money back?

If an auction says the shoes are authentic, yet you receive fakes, is that enough for you to complain and get a refund?

What have your experiences been like with getting fake Jordans (or even Nike's or whatever)?

Thanks.

Yes, you do get your money back, because it is against ebay's policy to sell couterfeit items. Once you return the fakes at your own expense, you get full refund.

However, you will have to pay for return shipping.

Yes, you do get your money back, because it is against ebay's policy to sell couterfeit items. Once you return the fakes at your own expense, you get full refund.

However, you will have to pay for return shipping.

I was thinking about a way for ebay to resolve the conterfeits being put on ebay. I think they should have a ebay flagging system just like youtube. here's how it will work: If someone sees a item that they know is fake up for auction, that person could flag the item(and they have to type why that item should be flagged). after a certain amount of flags, ebay can pull the item off the auction, and the seller could file a appeal against it. If the apppeal is approved, they can put the item up for auction for a second time, but if it gets flagged the second time around( a certain amount of flags) then that item can be pulled off the auction permanately without appeal by ebay, and the seller's account would be suspended. I was thinking about that idea for a while now. I think it could work. I think it would definately elimate conterfeit items on ebay because there are people that shop on ebay that know what's fake and real just by looking at pics provided by the seller, so someone who doesn't know if it's real or not doesn't fall victim to buying a counterfeit item.

I was thinking about a way for ebay to resolve the conterfeits being put on ebay. I think they should have a ebay flagging system just like youtube. here's how it will work: If someone sees a item that they know is fake up for auction, that person could flag the item(and they have to type why that item should be flagged). after a certain amount of flags, ebay can pull the item off the auction, and the seller could file a appeal against it. If the apppeal is approved, they can put the item up for auction for a second time, but if it gets flagged the second time around( a certain amount of flags) then that item can be pulled off the auction permanately without appeal by ebay, and the seller's account would be suspended. I was thinking about that idea for a while now. I think it could work. I think it would definately elimate conterfeit items on ebay because there are people that shop on ebay that know what's fake and real just by looking at pics provided by the seller, so someone who doesn't know if it's real or not doesn't fall victim to buying a counterfeit item.

Originally Posted by DR813

great idea. u shld message ebay n suggest it 
wink.gif

great idea. u shld message ebay n suggest it 
wink.gif

Great idea boss! send it to ebay freal. I've officially quit visiting ebay for js. Coz I got 3 fakes already. It shuda been one and done but I'm plain stupid. Lmao.. although there's COUPLE of legit ones, I don't wna risk anymore.

Great idea boss! send it to ebay freal. I've officially quit visiting ebay for js. Coz I got 3 fakes already. It shuda been one and done but I'm plain stupid. Lmao.. although there's COUPLE of legit ones, I don't wna risk anymore.

Originally Posted by vipersupra

It's really not hard to buy Jordans on ebay.  

You gotta make sure they always have tagged pics of what they are selling, and not a sample picture.  If you've been buying Jordans for a while, you should be able to distinguish the real from the fake. 

Originally Posted by vipersupra

It's really not hard to buy Jordans on ebay.  

You gotta make sure they always have tagged pics of what they are selling, and not a sample picture.  If you've been buying Jordans for a while, you should be able to distinguish the real from the fake. 

i got a pair of fake altitiude 13's on ebay, payed 130. I honestly didnt think the guy didnt know because seller was in his mid 60's and said it was his grandsons. Paypal and him agreed to refund very quick.

i got a pair of fake altitiude 13's on ebay, payed 130. I honestly didnt think the guy didnt know because seller was in his mid 60's and said it was his grandsons. Paypal and him agreed to refund very quick.

That's already on ebay for the most part 
eyes.gif

That's already on ebay for the most part 
eyes.gif

eBay has gotten better about fraud. It's only been in the last 2-3 years that eBay would do something. If a seller didn't send you an item or sold you something bootleg, eBay wouldn't do anything but pull a Beer Money on you & say "Sorry about your damn luck". Another thing to check is for bogus shipping rates. eBay still doesn't check up on shipping and sellers do pull scams there too.

eBay has gotten better about fraud. It's only been in the last 2-3 years that eBay would do something. If a seller didn't send you an item or sold you something bootleg, eBay wouldn't do anything but pull a Beer Money on you & say "Sorry about your damn luck". Another thing to check is for bogus shipping rates. eBay still doesn't check up on shipping and sellers do pull scams there too.

It's pretty easy to get your money refunded on ebay. Both ebay and paypal resolve issues like those, so it's rather simple really. It just takes a few days.

Back
Top Bottom