Getting fake Jordans on eBay? Does eBay resolve issues?

Originally Posted by UltraPromoman

Originally Posted by 555fresh

eBay has gotten better about fraud. It's only been in the last 2-3 years that eBay would do something. If a seller didn't send you an item or sold you something bootleg, eBay wouldn't do anything but pull a Beer Money on you & say "Sorry about your damn luck". Another thing to check is for bogus shipping rates. eBay still doesn't check up on shipping and sellers do pull scams there too.

Ya the shipping thing bugs me.  I bought a pair of Kobes from a guy in Cali and I live in Az, he still charged me $20 for shipping.  I told him that shipping was half that and he disagreed.  What can you do, the shoes after the auction were only $26 plus $20 for shipping. 

A good rule of thumb is that unless you're getting a pack and or the item is overseas (risky to begin with), is to avoid auctions that charge $15+ unless it's overnight, double box, etc. Sellers typically run up shipping charges even higher on popular releases like Jordans, Kobes, LeBron, and Pennys just because of their popularity. Checking feedback isn't foolproof though. Some sellers do lie and leave bogus feedback even after receiving the money.  
actually the reason they charge more on shipping is to save them money.  because ebay takes a percentage of the final value fees but not the shipping fee, about 12%.  regardless, you won the item and knew that you were willing to buy it for $46.  most likely if it was $10 shipping it would have sold for $36.  so would there be a problem still?  sellers usually have a fixed shipping costs for all similar weight items.

Originally Posted by 555fresh

eBay has gotten better about fraud. It's only been in the last 2-3 years that eBay would do something. If a seller didn't send you an item or sold you something bootleg, eBay wouldn't do anything but pull a Beer Money on you & say "Sorry about your damn luck". Another thing to check is for bogus shipping rates. eBay still doesn't check up on shipping and sellers do pull scams there too.

Ya the shipping thing bugs me.  I bought a pair of Kobes from a guy in Cali and I live in Az, he still charged me $20 for shipping.  I told him that shipping was half that and he disagreed.  What can you do, the shoes after the auction were only $26 plus $20 for shipping. 

A good rule of thumb is that unless you're getting a pack and or the item is overseas (risky to begin with), is to avoid auctions that charge $15+ unless it's overnight, double box, etc. Sellers typically run up shipping charges even higher on popular releases like Jordans, Kobes, LeBron, and Pennys just because of their popularity. Checking feedback isn't foolproof though. Some sellers do lie and leave bogus feedback even after receiving the money.  
actually the reason they charge more on shipping is to save them money.  because ebay takes a percentage of the final value fees but not the shipping fee, about 12%.  regardless, you won the item and knew that you were willing to buy it for $46.  most likely if it was $10 shipping it would have sold for $36.  so would there be a problem still?  sellers usually have a fixed shipping costs for all similar weight items.

Back
Top Bottom