Georgia mom arrested for letting her 10 year old get a RIP tattoo..if she consented, why the uproar?

Probably because he's 10. 

Awful parenting, but the tattoo artist should be the one arrested.

well damn
30t6p3b.gif

Tattoo artists will literally do anything as long as they are getting paid. Remember the girl with the stars on her face? It sounds dumb when requested but once the money is down, then the tattoo artists will do what he is paid for.

I do or did think that you had to be at least 16 or 18 to get tatted. I forget what age it is.

Putting the tattoo look aside... the kid got a tattoo to remember his brother. Awkwardly i have no issue with it. If a parent wants it... o well? Its not like the kid didnt want it. If anything.. only the artist should be legally sought since it is his profession to know (if the artist had a legit shop).

*in b4 thread turns into a debate on racism*

From a parenting point of view, why? If the kids asks for a gun, is she going to give him one just because he is a kid? Just bad parenting

Parents are getting dumber. A lot of these kids are doomed from birth. This kid here, its a toss up.

Good job by the Police department. I cringed watching this video. I don't know how common this is in our community but if it is, it has got to stop. We're taking our kids to get tattoos now? That's how low we've stooped? Bad enough you chose to damage your skin with that stuff you're actually supporting and encouraging tattoos to your 10 year old son? Man.. we should be making the news for more important and meaningful reasons.. I bet this news outlet was delighted to put this woman on camera and embarrass us more. 
30t6p3b.gif

mad.gif

sick.gif

edit: 
Awful parenting, but the tattoo artist should be the one arrested.� 

No if ands or buts, son. The only thing that needs to be spoken on is this womans horrible parenting.

I know teens under 18 with tattoos. I think my nephew was 15 when he got his. But the way the law is written, the tattoo artist should be arrested to then. It's a stupid law though IMO.

Originally Posted by bay1591

From a parenting point of view, why? If the kids asks for a gun, is she going to give him one just because he is a kid? Just bad parenting
Son is really comparing giving a child a gun to a tattoo 
roll.gif
. Questionable decision by the parent, but not that serious. Kids get dumb tattoos all the time, only difference is this one a little younger. Unless she personally did the tattoo I don't see how that law they brought up places her in jail. Also to all you dudes talking about how awful this is, can you really say whats awful about it? I understand dude is too young to understand the magnitude of permanently marking his body (like any teen) but what she's saying is true, son didn't go out and put spongebob on himself, it's something that truly meant something to him. 

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

I know teens under 18 with tattoos. I think my nephew was 15 when he got his. But the way the law is written, the tattoo artist should be arrested to then. It's a stupid law though IMO.
Yup, it said that law was passed last year. When I was growing up all you had to do was go with your parent and it wasn't a issue. 

Originally Posted by Wade187

roll.gif
. Questionable decision by the parent, but not that serious. Kids get dumb tattoos all the time, only difference is this one a little younger. Unless she personally did the tattoo I don't see how that law they brought up places her in jail. Also to all you dudes talking about how awful this is, can you really say whats awful about it? I understand dude is too young to understand the magnitude of permanently marking his body (like any teen) but what she's saying is true, son didn't go out and put spongebob on himself, it's something that truly meant something to him. 
He's 10 years old...probably a year removed from throwing a tantrum when the chocolate milk runs out at school.  Getting a RIP tat of his brother is nice, but NOT at 10 years old.  I don't see why there was a rush to do this.  Mom could have had him wait until he was 16 or so.  It's bad parenting.  I don't see how anyone can see this differently. 

roll.gif
. Questionable decision by the parent, but not that serious. Kids get dumb tattoos all the time, only difference is this one a little younger. Unless she personally did the tattoo I don't see how that law they brought up places her in jail. Also to all you dudes talking about how awful this is, can you really say whats awful about it? I understand dude is too young to understand the magnitude of permanently marking his body (like any teen) but what she's saying is true, son didn't go out and put spongebob on himself, it's something that truly meant something to him
roll.gif
roll.gif

And why is that? Why is this kid (at 10) hoping for a tattoo to remember his dead brother? I think we're overlooking something bigger here. We expose our kids to the wrong things and have their minds into utter stupidity. 
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

roll.gif
. Questionable decision by the parent, but not that serious. Kids get dumb tattoos all the time, only difference is this one a little younger. Unless she personally did the tattoo I don't see how that law they brought up places her in jail. Also to all you dudes talking about how awful this is, can you really say whats awful about it? I understand dude is too young to understand the magnitude of permanently marking his body (like any teen) but what she's saying is true, son didn't go out and put spongebob on himself, it's something that truly meant something to him
roll.gif
roll.gif

And why is that? Why is this kid (at 10) hoping for a tattoo to remember his dead brother? I think we're overlooking something bigger here. We expose our kids to the wrong things and have their minds into utter stupidity. 
30t6p3b.gif
Is a tattoo really that bad though?

When you consider the practices that other cultures have around the world, getting a tattoo really is not that big of a deal.

I'm not saying I would agree or give consent to my child to do the same, but who are we to say what a person can put on their body?

Originally Posted by MoonMan818

24ci26x.jpg

He got a tattoo in remembrance of his dead brother.
i'm saying, his mom thought it was legal and the tattoo artist did it. this 10 year old had a better idea than half the adults that get them.  i don't see the problem.

I thought tattoo artist had to be licensed so if thats true they should know the law and they should be the one getting into trouble.

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

Originally Posted by MoonMan818

24ci26x.jpg

He got a tattoo in remembrance of his dead brother.
i'm saying, his mom thought it was legal and the tattoo artist did it. this 10 year old had a better idea than half the adults that get them.  i don't see the problem.
qft, i co sign.

Blown so out of proportion. You've got to look at the culture, apparently the mom sees nothing wrong with tattoos and tons of kids want to do what their parents do. How is this different from getting babies ears pierced?

And I highly doubt that they went to a licensed artist.

Nah, That's bad parenting...there are other ways to remember your Dead brother other than a Tattoo at the age of 10... Come one now 10?!?... Paint a mural on his bedroom wall or something

...They look like they live in the hood too. With the crime rate of the inner city, shorty will look like Lil' Wayne by the age of 12.

Back
Top Bottom