Gary Payton is talking reckless/craziness now

ldj

He said in his prime he could shut down kobe and lebron. He also said byron russell could do it to easily.

He said in his prime he could shut down kobe and lebron. He also said byron russell could do it to easily.

Shut down? I dunno. Defend well against? Sure.

To his credit, he is arguably the best defensive PG to ever play in the NBA. 

Shut down? I dunno. Defend well against? Sure.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

indifferent.gif

I need a direct quote or sound bite before I jump on him.

indifferent.gif

what makes you think GP aka "The Glove" couldnt lock em down? The defenders in the NBA dont even play close to the level they did in the 80s and 90s

also said he wasnt a ring chaser and he went to la and mia to play with shaq, then said he is arguably the best pg of all time, and mj never went off on him and shut him down. byron said mj was the best at getting away with no calls.

what makes you think GP aka "The Glove" couldnt lock em down? The defenders in the NBA dont even play close to the level they did in the 80s and 90s

also said he wasnt a ring chaser and he went to la and mia to play with shaq, then said he is arguably the best pg of all time, and mj never went off on him and shut him down. byron said mj was the best at getting away with no calls.

Originally Posted by KiCkzB4HoZ

um lebron and kobe i dont think so. hell it get posted all the time on here the youtube of jason williams doing up gp. and i still say jkidd>gp as far as defending goes.

um lebron and kobe i dont think so. hell it get posted all the time on here the youtube of jason williams doing up gp. and i still say jkidd>gp as far as defending goes.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

indifferent.gif

Has nothing on the Glove...GP is a favorite player of mine, but he is out of bounds here. Kobe in his prime would kill GP and Bron is too big for him. Lets not forget the rules have changed also since Gary was at his prime. But Gary would hold his own though.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

indifferent.gif

Has nothing on the Glove...GP is a favorite player of mine, but he is out of bounds here. Kobe in his prime would kill GP and Bron is too big for him. Lets not forget the rules have changed also since Gary was at his prime. But Gary would hold his own though.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LDJ

.....thats it? thats your only defense is that play with jwill?

....oh and Payton isnt talking reckless, he's telling the truth.

Originally Posted by LDJ

on an unrelated note, i have to know are you really lewis dix? if so im just shocked you post here and if not this is an incredibly elaborate and weird/obscure person to portray on the internet because i know gp now has a show on foxxhole radio.

on an unrelated note, i have to know are you really lewis dix? if so im just shocked you post here and if not this is an incredibly elaborate and weird/obscure person to portray on the internet because i know gp now has a show on foxxhole radio.

Not really into "shoulda, coulda, wouldas," but I'll take Payton up on this. He'd give KB a good challenge and have his way with 'Bron.

Gary Payton was a pest of a defender in his prime. One of those aggravating players to play against.

Not really into "shoulda, coulda, wouldas," but I'll take Payton up on this. He'd give KB a good challenge and have his way with 'Bron.

Gary Payton was a pest of a defender in his prime. One of those aggravating players to play against.

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Originally Posted by LDJ

Um please show me where gp shut mj down? Im the last to ride mj, but come on be foreal. And byron russell lol are u serious? Even with hand checking you do realize these players are slower and weaker by a great margin.

Back
Top Bottom