Are these gonna be a hypebeast item?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• I hope not

• Total voters
Makes one wonder Considering all the pairs on ebay I wonder if Nike is purposely holding back the release date in attempt to catch some of these mom and pop sellers that may be breaking their rules.  Yes it would be difficult to track a entire release worth of pairs... but just think if nike purposely sent out some pairs to shops they may have received complaints from or that Nike has under a microscope just to catch these guys in the act.  They may have taken a few pair and tagged the inventory so they know exactly who the shoes were shipped to and BAM!!! You receive a kind letter from NIKE Inc stating...Due to your inability to not follow our rules about selling our merchandise on 3rd party auction sites we have closed your retail account with us.!!!
indifferent.gif

your pics were great, i was talking to the guy who quoted all your pics, there is no need to quote a half page of pics when the same pics are already posted on the page. and yes we all know you have both pairs of galaxy rookies, its only like the 4th time you have posted that.

OK thanks I get it!

Makes one wonder Considering all the pairs on ebay I wonder if Nike is purposely holding back the release date in attempt to catch some of these mom and pop sellers that may be breaking their rules.  Yes it would be difficult to track a entire release worth of pairs... but just think if nike purposely sent out some pairs to shops they may have received complaints from or that Nike has under a microscope just to catch these guys in the act.  They may have taken a few pair and tagged the inventory so they know exactly who the shoes were shipped to and BAM!!! You receive a kind letter from NIKE Inc stating...Due to your inability to not follow our rules about selling our merchandise on 3rd party auction sites we have closed your retail account with us.!!!:stoneface:

That is a good point, but your last sentence is going a bit against the free market economy. Of course Nike can give you recommended retail prices and release dates, but it is basically all a suggestion, so a retailer can do whatever he thinks is right with the product that he has bought from Nike. In my opinion Nike is 75% a producer and 25% a retailer (counting the Nike Towns and Nike factory outlets), so once the goods leave the warhouse and arrive at the retailer, Nike is done with the product and fro them the case is closed.

If Nike would send him a letter, telling him that the relationship is over due to the early releasing, Nike could get sued for trying to control the market. This would kill the reputation, especially in a country like the US where free market economy is above everything else! In my opinion the only way to overcome this problem is using more just in time systems, where the orders are shipped out from the Nike warehouse 2 days prior to the release and also guaranteeing no postponing!

Makes one wonder Considering all the pairs on ebay I wonder if Nike is purposely holding back the release date in attempt to catch some of these mom and pop sellers that may be breaking their rules.  Yes it would be difficult to track a entire release worth of pairs... but just think if nike purposely sent out some pairs to shops they may have received complaints from or that Nike has under a microscope just to catch these guys in the act.  They may have taken a few pair and tagged the inventory so they know exactly who the shoes were shipped to and BAM!!! You receive a kind letter from NIKE Inc stating...Due to your inability to not follow our rules about selling our merchandise on 3rd party auction sites we have closed your retail account with us.!!!:stoneface:

That is a good point, but your last sentence is going a bit against the free market economy. Of course Nike can give you recommended retail prices and release dates, but it is basically all a suggestion, so a retailer can do whatever he thinks is right with the product that he has bought from Nike. In my opinion Nike is 75% a producer and 25% a retailer (counting the Nike Towns and Nike factory outlets), so once the goods leave the warhouse and arrive at the retailer, Nike is done with the product and fro them the case is closed.

If Nike would send him a letter, telling him that the relationship is over due to the early releasing, Nike could get sued for trying to control the market. This would kill the reputation, especially in a country like the US where free market economy is above everything else! In my opinion the only way to overcome this problem is using more just in time systems, where the orders are shipped out from the Nike warehouse 2 days prior to the release and also guaranteeing no postponing!

IN ORDER TO GET A NIKE ACCOUNT, YOU MUST SIGN A CONTRACT STATING THAT YOU WILL NOT SELL THEIR GOODS ON THIRD PARTY SITES LIKE EBAY. SAYS SO RIGHT IN THE CONTRACT IN PLAIN ENGLISH.

I don't know guys, somebody tweeted nikestore and asked what was releasing 2mrw and they said "nothing's releasing". Unless it's a surprise release or something I don't think it's happening. Does anybody have any confirmed info?

Release at a random time or 8am EST? Wouldn't they release them the same day in Niketown's also?

They just tweeted saying nothing is releasing tomorrow morning

Nike hoping that the wait builds hype but its actually turning me away... I was hoping that they were producing more but they in the warehouse collecting dust and the other half on eBay

It's gonna be released randomly. I've heard sooo many things. Outlet exclusive..releasing tomorrow...releasing never.

I figure they would at least announce they are releasing randomly. With the Yeezys dropping during the finals figured they would of opened up the season with these

but when the Yeezy's dropped randomly I don't think Nike was specifically posting that they would not drop, the way they're saying "nothing drops tomorrow morning". That would be pretty shady.

that is true the fact that the hurricane hit would make a surprise release tomorrow only work in the tristate area california residents wouldnt really apply

I read another tweet were Nike told someone "we aren't releasing anything special so don't worry" but they seemed sincere in the context of it, but you never know with Nike.

nike sent out a new release tweet right at 11pm cst/12am est tonight, i rushed to my pc thinking it was the rookies, it was just the black ice fuel band, smh.

Definitely not a niketown NYC release. That store will more than likely be closed tomorrow just like 21 mercer and the other 85% of businesses in the city. Millions still have no power in the tri state area so any sort of twitter rsvp, Nike tweeting link, etc would be entirely unfair. Even if niketown was open and people somehow found out they were selling galaxy rookies tomorrow it's be highly difficult and in some cases dangerous to try and commute into a city with no mass transit running and nearly every bridge and tunnel still closed to emergency personnel only.

I want them to drop just as much as the next guy- it's just unrealistic to think it'll be tomorrow. I think Nov. 10 seems much more likely.

Back
Top Bottom