G.I. Joe Retaliation Trailer

Originally Posted by Iceberg Slim

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Originally Posted by Tr1ll

I'm starting to lose respect for the Rock, they're starting to force him into movies. He was in Fast 5 for like, no reason and now it feels like they're just %!!$++! over GI JOE just to get him in.
Force him?
laugh.gif
You're bugging, let the Rock cook. He should be starring in action films. 
Exactly, STARRING. Not shoehorned in scripts just because he's the Rock. Killing off GI Joe's to make him the leader? Really? Joes don't die, it was always "The Streets are Watchin" with the Joe's.

"All those shots.....no one got hit.."

I'm starting to lose respect for the Rock, they're starting to force him into movies. He was in Fast 5 for like, no reason and now it feels like they're just %!!$++! over GI JOE just to get him in.
Force him?
laugh.gif
Plus he was awesome in Fast Five... he's a bad %+*, I prefer him in these movies than in the Tooth Fairy

Originally Posted by Iceberg Slim

Force him?
laugh.gif
Exactly, STARRING. Not shoehorned in scripts just because he's the Rock. Killing off GI Joe's to make him the leader? Really? 
If that's how the script is written, then why put the blame on the Rock? So if they put Ving Rhames in the Rocks place then it'll be ok? It's not like the writers and director went, "hmmm, what movie should we make for the Rock? Oh I know, a GI Joe sequel and he'll be Roadblock!" 

Even inf Fast5, iirc Vin Diesel chose him for the role. And he did play a part in that film, w/o him the whole movie would be too simple and easy and would have been 30 minutes shorter and there wouldn't be that ending that will lead to another sequel.

Does look better, but, I hope it's not another Fantastic 4/Rise of the Silver Surfer type of situation. I gave that @%%$+## second chance only to have my hope dissolve.

Trailers these days are better than the film itself, waiting to see the film.
This is going in the, *watch bad movies with friends to laugh at* category until it proves itself.

First film
Spoiler [+]
Only good thing about the last one was the President trick.

I saw alot of the OG vehicles from the 80's in there like the boat on the water with 2 air fans on the back , and the motor cycle.

I thought the rock was heavy duty with that big machine gun......

looks wavy.

i wonder if they will ever put serpantor in any of them.

also who cares if there are no black people in a movie
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
its just a movie. some people look for anything to complain about.

Originally Posted by Jordanforever08

seems like it picks up where the last  left off... the new characters don't seem to fit the movie

Is that a frail dude giving dome so another dude in your avy?

What exactly sucked about the first one??...you guys are judging the plot of an action film???...c'mon bros, most action packed films a good plot is secondary, people go see it to get blown away by the explosions, fights, effects...you want to analyze a plot go watch the king's speech...the first one was far from a great film but it wa entertaining, fr some of you to say ya walked out because of how bad it was....I gotta say you dudes are dull as $#%+.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

What exactly sucked about the first one??...you guys are judging the plot of an action film???...c'mon bros, most action packed films a good plot is secondary, people go see it to get blown away by the explosions, fights, effects...you want to analyze a plot go watch the king's speech...the first one was far from a great film but it wa entertaining, fr some of you to say ya walked out because of how bad it was....I gotta say you dudes are dull as @%!!.

It didn't suck. I enjoyed it because of the action and effects. The chicks were eye-candy as well.

I think I'm gonna look at this movie as a separate movie, not calling it G.I. Joe 2.

Force him?
laugh.gif
therock.jpg

Damn now I'm going to have to see this because The Rock is in it. Most movies he's in are great. But I'm still skeptical because the first G.I. Joe ranks up there with the worst movies I've ever seen. 

I enjoyed the first film for what it was worth...Just a fun summer action flick. Lots of explosions and fighting. I was disappointed that they changed the origins of the Joes and they made Cobra Commander stupid looking but the Snake Eyes/Storm Shadow rivalry more than made up for it. I was also hoping to see more OG Joes in the first one...

Back
Top Bottom