FX's ATLANTA (Starring Donald Glover) S4 Final episode

'Atlanta' Season 3 Will Focus on Additional Female-Centric Stories
gettyimages-970260084-h_2018.jpg

Kevin Winter/Getty Images Stephen Glover (left) and Donald Glover

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...s-writer-producer-stephen-glover-says-1118992

Atlanta follows two cousins working through the Atlanta music scene in hopes of bettering their lives and those of their families. Donald Glover executive produces and stars in the show, along with his brother Stephen, who is the head story editor.

Season two, titled Atlanta: Robbin’ Season, comprises 11 connected yet separate episodes that follow a theme about the various ways a person can be robbed, including time, money, dignity and sense of self.

"We just kind of realized when your back is against the wall, that’s when you really act like you," Donald Glover told the audience during the panel. "That’s what Robbin’ Season kind of brings out in people. [The characters] decide this season who they really are at the end."

Before the panel, FX aired two episodes from season two — "North of the Border" and "Teddy Perkins" — that were designed to best exhibit the Robbin’ Season theme and the show’s ability to toy with both the characters' and audiences' emotions.

Both episodes are provocative in their own right. "North of the Border" includes a lengthy scene of a pledge class of fraternity brothers entirely naked onscreen (which Glover justified putting on TV with, “We’re fighting the internet, so you better be giving people something they’re not usually gonna see"), while "Teddy Perkins" features Glover in whiteface as the estranged brother of a once-famous pianist.

The cast and creators' energy was tangible after the screening as they reunited for the first time since hearing the series had been renewed for a third season. They discussed the show's experimental atmosphere and the writers' ability to tap into emotions and moments that the cast could relate to, bringing a deeper connection to their characters.

"I think we kind of understand as a group that things are just made of moments," Glover said, speaking on the show's tendency to shift narratives with each episode. "We just focus on moments. 'Cause a good moment can really change an entire episode."

FX renewed Atlanta for a third season on Thursday, in an expected turn of events. The series has so far garnered two Emmys, two Golden Globes and a Peabody Award.

As for other plans for the upcoming season, the creators remained vague.

"We have some ideas," Stephen Glover told THR. "We had some episode ideas that we wanted in season two at first and then they didn’t feel right. So we might use one or two of those. We left a lot of things in the air with season two."

Although the cast has avenues they’d like their characters to explore, they agreed that they don’t try to guess what will happen, because the story will continue to keep them on their toes.

"The more and more that I think I know where my character's gonna go, the far left we go," Henry told THR. "So I just try to go in with an open mind and an open heart and just attack it the best way I can."

Atlanta is set to return to FX in 2019.

I posted this earlier but I still have a few L, XL, and XXL left. LMK if you want to grab one

paperboi shirt.jpg

At best he was influenced by the track and at worst he stole it.

Tempo, beat, flow, subject matter all the same. :lol:

I actually like the Jase Harley track more. Son is flowing on the beat.

Finally went ahead and binged both seasons. Great show , salty i been misisng our.

Had to skip the Michael Jackson episode though was too creepy and was bout to go to sleep lol . Will revisit in the day

Back
Top Bottom