FX's ATLANTA (Starring Donald Glover) S4 Final episode

Now I wanna see Donald, Stephen and Jordan Peele make a horror movie together.

Oh boy my barber adventure starts tomorrow.. :lol:

6B616E06-AF10-4EAE-A792-E8B419083669.jpeg

Nah it will pretty much be those lame wayans scary movie films. At least that's how I felt with bino as teddy 0]

Took to long to get interesting for me. Went he seen the brother in The basement was when it got good for me. Everything before that was too boring. Almost cut it off.

Next episode should be better tho :pimp:

Episode was so damn weird & unexpected but still good. It held my attention the entire time. (Anybody else realize there were no commercial breaks or am i tripping?) I had to digest what i saw after the first watch but i plan on rewatching when i get a chance today.

Once I walked in the house & Teddy’s ghostly-self came out the shadows I’d a been gone.

Also I’m probably the one person that immediately though Flabber from Beatleborgs as soon as I saw Teddy.
2h2mkie.jpg

Episode was so damn weird & unexpected but still good. It held my attention the entire time. (Anybody else realize there were no commercial breaks or am i tripping?) I had to digest what i saw after the first watch but i plan on rewatching when i get a chance today.

Once I walked in the house & Teddy’s ghostly-self came out the shadows I’d a been gone.

Also I’m probably the one person that immediately though Flabber from Beatleborgs as soon as I saw Teddy.
2h2mkie.jpg
Look like Jay Leno.

Meh....I’m cool on this episode. The surreal, pseudo high brow “I get it” episode wasn’t for me this time.

only potential angle i saw was him using Darius’ connection to the rap world and his lack of true appreciation for the piano as a killing motive to try and make a statement on how urban music and rap in particular has taken the “soul” out of black music. coupled with his comments about rap still being in adolescence.

but once he said his only reason for killing him was “i choose you” i didnt get why he wanted to kill Darius

This Episode def needs to catch a couple of replays but off first watch i think it's just a play on all the Great black R&B/Pop stars & how much Fame & expectations wears on them. Even the part where fake MJ is talking about his brothers sickness, he ends it with maybe we could get a classic record out of it. The public doesn't care about the persons well being, under the mask (Altered face, Fully Masked, glasses On) their personal trials are asked to be put aside for greatness.

Imo opinion that's why dude became angrier when Darius started to ask for the Piano, Instead of him hearing dude out he just wanted the piano with colored keys. That's all the world/industry wants from the most famous black artist, Colored people playing the keys.Nobody cares about the sacrifices for excellence they just want the results

Also now that someone posted that meme that wasn't done until around the superbowl, i really wonder when this was recorded? Because The beginning where benny asks Darius about HipHop kind of reminds me Of The Quincy Jones Interview.

He Questioned Rap as an artform, specifically the lack of people who play instruments & know the music. When Darius answered Benny with "fun" he seemed disappointed, if they're referencing the Quincy Interview it's likely because Quincy went into Detail About How He studies music, it's a science almost it's way more than "fun"

this is what i expected his motive to be for killing Darius.

Like if Michael/Lionel/someone from that era just lost it and killed some “hip hop” looking kids or some kid who only had a base appreciation for their music (the hip hop generation that samples and likes the aesthetic of a Michael or whoever but doesnt actually go into learning about the musicality).

sidenote: i also was expecting them to say Darius produces for Paperboy or something.

Nah it will pretty much be those lame wayans scary movie films. At least that's how I felt with bino as teddy 0]

Donald paying homage to those types of films with the urban humor but actually placing a deeper story/sub plot in the film would actually be fire.

This is exactly where my mind went early on, along with speaking broadly on the trauma that certain parenting styles (or a lack thereof) can leave for life on kids. Would've liked to hear Darius expand on his set of issues more.

Episode was interesting to say the least, and some of the weirdness/cutaways to Al and them were funny enough to keep me paying attention.

This ___ Teddy made ostrich eggs look repulsive :lol:

The way he dipped his fingered in it :lol:

someone make a Southern Made trucker hat with red stitching over “SO_THERN ___E” though. i’d rock that **** until it changed colors.

Last edited:
Reactions: God
this is what i expected his motive to be for killing Darius.

Like if Michael/Lionel/someone from that era just lost it and killed some “hip hop” looking kids or some kid who only had a base appreciation for their music (the hip hop generation that samples and likes the aesthetic of a Michael or whoever but doesnt actually go into learning about the musicality).

sidenote: i also was expecting them to say Darius produces for Paperboy or something.

Facts A lot of the older musicians feel that sentiment about rap.

Also what i noticed this season it seems to Be a lot of In family/close friend beefing. Paperboy vs Darius, Earn Vs Van, Earn vs His Uncle ( His Uncle beefed with his Cousin), Teddy vs Benny. I wonder if this will be a recurring theme.

Also it's a lot of emphasis on how the music industry ****s people over.

Back
Top Bottom