Frlend of the people thread... wlll lt be Good?

this %%*+%** mixtape has grown on me soooo much. %@!+ is fire
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

[h1]Lupe Fiasco Talks On 'Food & Liquor 2," Says It Will Be A Double Album[/h1]

Posted by roselilah

2 minutes ago

Lupe Fiasco chopped it up with Fuse TV on his upcoming album.

Lupe Fiasco announced recently that Food & Liquor 2 was completed, and now in an interview with FUSE, he reveals more details on the project, saying that it will be a double LP.

"Food & Liquor 2 is the follow-up, the sequel to my first album Food & Liquorhttp://www.hiphopdx.com/index/album-reviews/id.693/title.http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/album-reviews/id.693/title.. This is my fourth album, and this is actually a part one and part two, it’s a double album. With this record, I wanted to go back to the essence of what made that record so special, the frame of mind I was in when I did Food & Liquor the first time," Lupe shared. 

"The single is coming on May 22nd," Lupe revealed, before going into more depth on one particular song off the album, called "Form Follows Function." 

"There’s a joint on there called ‘Form Follows Function’ that is a monster. It’s a monster. Nobody’s %%*!%@+ with that, I just put that out there. Any other records I give other rappers and musicians, you could possibly do a better song than those. But ‘Form Follows Function,’ rappers ain’t %%*!%@+ with that. That’s how good it is. I’m not being egotistical or anything. You just can’t +$*+ with that."

He continued, "It’s the Lupe Fiasco I want to be, without the industry constraints, without the trying to please the hardcore fans or get the new fans. It’s just what I would do for myself if nobody ever heard it. This is the kind of music I would make. It’s a masterpiece. It’s real %%*!%@+ good."

Can't wait... The thought of the follow up to F&L being a double album is
eek.gif

New single right around the way too
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

[h1]He continued, "It’s the Lupe Fiasco I want to be, without the industry constraints, without the trying to please the hardcore fans or get the new fans. It’s just what I would do for myself if nobody ever heard it. This is the kind of music I would make. It’s a masterpiece. It’s real %%*!%@+ good."[/h1]

If true...

THANK $#%+*+% GOD 
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Hmph, same Lupe fans setting themselves up for disappointment. He said a lot of nice things before the last album then it got tampered with heavily. I wouldn't be surprised if he stuck to his guns this time around and the label just puts it on the shelf until he changes it again. Highly doubting it remains a double disc too.

But if it works out good !@+*
pimp.gif

I really hope its not a double album....as they rarely ever hit the mark (too much filler). I just want a solid album of the 12-14 best Lupe tracks!

Any news on that rumored project with Pharell/Neptunes?!

Originally Posted by Tupack Shaker

He also said Lasers was gonna be good . . .
laugh.gif
This.

I am a Lupe stan and im still nervous about this.  We got tricked with Lasers when he puts out Shining down as a single and everyone is like oh this is going to be good.  Then we got Words I never said and i was like hmm this album is going to be crazy good.  Then there was the actual album.....steve nash gif "No Thanks".

Of course no artist will say pre-release "This album is honestly not that good sorry fans please buy it anyway".  But i really hope F&L 2 is his opus.  He is in his prime right now and a double album hasn't been done in forever (from a prominent rapper) i think its a great idea.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

laugh.gif
This.

Really? I remember in an interview when he saying he wasn't feeling it and him saying he was contemplating suicide at one point during that album period because things like the label pressuring to put certain music on the album 

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

is there a release date for the album itself?

Not that I can find, we just have to wait until the 22nd for the single, which i can handle
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by AI for MVP

Originally Posted by Jking0821

laugh.gif
This.

Really? I remember in an interview when he saying he wasn't feeling it and him saying he was contemplating suicide at one point during that album period because things like the label pressuring to put certain music on the album 
I maybe missed that interview.  But pre-release he had to tell people it was good.  Then the album came out and he backed off and admitted to it not being his best work.  But this was after all his fans went out and bought it to support him.  Then we all heard it realized it was trash and he pretty much said yeah sorry the label made me drop 5-6 songs and add pop hits to it. 

Back
Top Bottom