Fred Hampton Film: Judas and the Black Messiah Trailer

film was great. i think stanfield and kaluuya both did great. i also feel stanfield needs a nomination after this performance.

last several yrs/last several police killings captured on camera, make me feel like not much has changed. a old friend from HS dm'd me asking if i really believe not much has changed.

i was like wtf do you mean? I'm not ignorant to think that as a black man life would be the same for me back in mid 1900s, as it is now. but am I wrong to think that black body is still perceived to be a threat especially by police in this day and age?

feeling like not much has changed after watching that movie i don't think is wrong.

idk i thought it was an odd question, he never followed up.

watever

Didn't they target Black Identity Groups? ANTIFA. Black Lives Matter.

Off of potential like the Panthers.

Meanwhile...Tennessee. March on the Capital. Las Vegas shooting. White Militias. KKK. We're talking kinetic not potential.

Game hasn't changed since we're the minority. The question posed still stands "What would you do...?"

Movie was really one of the best I've seen in a grip. So good. So real. So powerful. Had me in the theater and afterwards..HOT. Kaluuya is my guy man. Bro just be having the coolest looks. He would've been illlll as a golden lord in meteor man.

LaKeith is a really gifted actor. Really talented. I appreciate his craft.

IMO this is trash level nitpicking.

You either know the history in that detail or you don't, and 99.99% of people today don't. For all those who don't know, they're told explicitly in the movies final moments.

Losing out on some of the best young black actors of our time because they don't represent the age of the historical figures they represent is silly and would be a net loss.

Dude who wrote that couldn't spot the she difference between Kaluuyah and Hampton in a photo if he were unawares.

Last edited:

You either know the history in that detail or you don't, and 99.99% of people today don't. For all those who don't know, they're told explicitly in the movies final moments.

Losing out on some of the best young black actors of our time because they don't represent the age of the historical figures they represent is silly and would be a net loss.

Dude who wrote that couldn't spot the she difference between Kaluuyah and Hampton in a photo if he were unawares.

So you acknowledge that 99% of people don’t know the history yet somehow don’t see the point being made that these movies could be even more impactful if you actually showcase the real ages of the historical figures.

If I didn’t know O’Neal was a 17 year old informant and this was the first time being exposed to this story then I would’ve naturally assumed he was a grown man because LaKeith looked like one. And knowing O’Neal was 17 adds more nuance to his actions throughout the film.

So you acknowledge that 99% of people don’t know the history yet somehow don’t see the point being made that these movies could be even more impactful if you actually showcase the real ages of the historical figures.

If I didn’t know O’Neal was a 17 year old informant and this was the first time being exposed to this story then I would’ve naturally assumed he was a grown man because LaKeith looked like one. And knowing O’Neal was 17 adds more nuance to his actions throughout the film.
You likely aren’t going to get Oscar level acting from 17 year olds. So you lose that when you cast ages correctly...

You likely aren’t going to get Oscar level acting from 17 year olds. So you lose that when you cast ages correctly...

And that’s a fair point. All I’m saying is to complete dismiss the author was a bit much.

There are pros and cons to both sides of the arguement for sure

You know how it is. Negativity sells.

Websites gotta get those clicks and since this is the hottest movie out, anything that has "Judas and the Black Messiah" on it is gonna generate attention.

Even if its written by someone with a laptop in the bathroom taking a dump...straining to find something to complain about.

If Mrs. Hampton and Chairman Fred Hampton Jr. are cool with these actors then I think whoever wrote this turd of an opinion will be Ok too.

I see both sides of the argument, and this is more valid than criticizing Daniel being British.

That's why I think it's the directors job to display their ages during the movie either directly or indirectly. I guess he did it saying, he's a kid, but that wasn't adequate enough IMO.

Back
Top Bottom