Fred Hampton Film: Judas and the Black Messiah Trailer

Lakeith Stanfield is a top 5 actor currently and it bothers me that more people don’t hold him in as high regard.

Kaluuya is also extremely sharp and gets better every time I see him.

Jesse Plemmons played his role so well that I didn’t even want to mention his *** in this post 🤣. Like the aforementioned, he’s great in every role but as you guys mentioned, he has been type casted into oblivion.

I knew what I was getting into when I turned this movie on... and it was a good film overall.

But it put me in a very disturbed state of mind so I’m going to go realign my energy right now.

Last edited:
same . Everybody killed their roles. Did let out a laugh at lil rel giving Lakeith his fake badge back , bruh was befuddled .

Rel killed that ****.

“my mistake you just go back on inside slick”

Dude was panicking :lol:

No excuse for the ******* he did as a whole but I didn’t know ONeal was only 17 at the time

Me and the lady just got thru watching. Phenomenal movie. Acting was great. Kaluuya and Stanfield on an upward trajectory in their career.

Although I knew what happened, **** still upset me. Just watching it all go down :smh: Fred was only 21! Crazy thing is if it wasn’t Bill then it was gonna be someone else. Bill lived the rest of his life as a rat and died like one too.

Watched yesterday with my wife. Watching some scenes took me right back to the pages of the book. It seemed to follow the book exactly, buts it’s been years since I read it. Got a ton going on at work, but imma gonna reread it when I get a chance. I think the book mentioned that O’Neal walked into traffic or some ****.

Edit: or I could have just wished he did.

Watched yesterday with my wife. Watching some scenes took me right back to the pages of the book. It seemed to follow the book exactly, buts it’s been years since I read it. Got a ton going on at work, but imma gonna reread it when I get a chance. I think the book mentioned that O’Neal walked into traffic or some ****.

Edit: or I could have just wished he did.

He did that in real life. That’s how he went out. More than once actually.

Thought that’s what happened solewoman solewoman . Read the book in 2015 or ‘16. Cliche but the book > the movie. Maybe that’s cause it was all new to me when reading.

Yeah, firs O'Neal tried to jump out a window but was stopped. He was very drunk and then walked in to traffic.

Just like Fred was 21, Bill was 17. They used and brainwashed him. Six and a half years or money and information on some people promoting a cause I didn't care about. That's why they kept telling him, these two are the same. As if he was doing good and cleaning up the country. That's similar what people do today. This is what you're making us do to you.

I though the George Sams part was just as interesting. He killed an innocent person, and then they used that to try to put Bobby Seale in jail. Not only that they used him to go from location to location to get intel on different chapters.

This was well made, but not like Detroit. I never want to see Detroit again, that was a hard watch.

All this time I never knew Daniel was a British actor. I could barely understand him in a interview. So another nod to him for pulling off these movies.

It's a double edged sword. You also want to get the best actors available.

but when "judging" them, I think it's hard to properly do it, if you don't keep in mind their ages. Both in Fred Hampton's mindset at 20/21 and in Bill O'Neal's mindset of not wanting to do 6 years of jail time at 17.

Fred Hampton looked older than 21, so I didn't have a problem of Daniel playing him. I just wish they indirectly showed how young these people were. For example Bill when the guy said he's just a kid, it sort of throws you off, because Keith doesn't look like a kid. It would have been nice if Todd during his introduction asked him, how old are you.

Back
Top Bottom