Votes: 28 35.9%
  • Top 10, Maybe Top 15

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Mediocre at Best

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Not Good at All

Votes: 3 3.8%

• Total voters
Yeah early or afternoon shows are the best. Any thoughts on IMAX 2d only for this? Why wasn't this brought out in IMAX 3D?

Hearing things about this movie. Will go see tomorrow hopefully.

Glad Hugh is hanging the hat up on this character. Dude been hanging around like Solid Snake.

Dang, good movie. Heard someone say too violent for them when we walked out [emoji]128580[/emoji]

Jus got back from seeing Logan and HOLY S***!!! Movie was incredible!

Had everything I loved in a movie! Great character development, character moments, and jus enough action. This is HOW you make movies IMO

Not sure why everyone is saying this is better than TDK....nothing will ever touch that movie ever!! Here's my TOP 5 list

1. TDK
2. CA: WS
3. CA: CW
4. Logan
5. XM: DOFP

LOGAN Claws In $33 Million At The Friday Box Office To Put It On Track For A Huge $80M Opening Weekend

After James Mangold's Logan took in $9.5 million from Thursday night screenings, analysts predicted that Hugh Jackman's Wolverine swansong would exceed initial $65 - $70 million estimates and come out of its opening weekend having made closer to $80M, and it looks like that's exactly what it's on track to do.

Last night, the brutally violent R-rated comic book flick earned $33M, which means it'll most likely accumulate $80 million from 4,071 theaters for the weekend. This gives it one of the best openings of all time for an R-rated release, and one of the top March openings ever. Plus, Logan opens simultaneously in several foreign markets this weekend, and could post an international bow in the $75 million-$100 million range.

First 65. Then 70. Now 80.

Estimates get higher everytime I check

:rolleyes

I'm not sweating yet though

#ialwayswin

*edit

You guys shouldn't be roughing it out with the evening crowds by the way in those imax 3d theaters. Try the matinees. In 2d regular. That way you can relax and just enjoy yourself.

Last edited:
Jus got back from seeing Logan and HOLY S***!!! Movie was incredible!

Had everything I loved in a movie! Great character development, character moments, and jus enough action. This is HOW you make movies IMO

Not sure why everyone is saying this is better than TDK....nothing will ever touch that movie ever!! Here's my TOP 5 list

1. TDK
2. CA: WS
3. CA: CW
4. Logan
5. XM: DOFP
captain america.... really?

you need Fox to keep their piece of da Marvel world as a foil to Disney...

I love da fact that their making everything basically rated R..keeps da pressure on Disney to keep cranking out da hits.

think of it as da Monday night wars between WCW vs WWF generated da best wrestling of our lifetimes.

Y'all didn't like DoFP's? Thought it was better than all other Xmen movies especially Apocalypse! Movie was a let down. IMO

Hopefully this force MCU to step up their game, haven't been the same since the first iron man

Surprised a ton has DP so high. I though it was the same origin films as others, but with cussing and blood.

TDK
Civil war
Avengers
a2
Logan

If y'all ain't seen it, too damn bad.

This movie was ****** incredible! It's the portrayal I've always dreamed of. The brutality of it was what we've always been deprived of. Reading the spoilers made the movie even more emotional for me. One thing that this film has that TDK didn't is the emotion investments. We've seen Wolverine and Charles for the last 17 years. They are the heart and soul of the franchise and despite how bad some of the films have been, they've been the reasons the films have stayed a float.

I literally was sad throughout the whole film. It was like seeing your dad who's always been a superhero in your eyes growing up but now that you're older he's just not so super anymore and you worry about him. Seeing Wolverine with a limp and watching his claws not being able to retract was just sad. Couldn't even read or watch videos without glasses.

That one moment where they were at the dinner table when everything seemed like it was all going to be ok really got to me because I knew it wouldn't last.

Little things I noticed and enjoyed;

At the beginning when Logan was listening to the radio talking about the incident and the deaths they say "including several X..." and he cuts the radio off before they say X-MEN.

I liked how even though Charles isn't the Charles we've known any longer, he still manages to teach us lessons. He explains why Laura has 2 claws on each hand and 1 on each foot. Basically because she's a female.

Watching Charles calm the horses was amazing. Just a reminder of how kind and peaceful of a man he is/was.

Laura protecting Charles in the limo from the gun shots. She got hit and sucked the bullet right out of her arm.

The chubby mutant boy was hitting fat cuts in the woods! Had me screaming!

Best fight scene was the first fight between Wolverine and X-24. For being older and a dying healing factor, Wolvie still had some moves for the new model.

The Charles and Logan dynamic is just solid acting. Logan's over twice his age but really sees him as a father figure. Side note... I took my 6 year old to see it and when Logan said "this is my dad Chuck" my son yelled at the screen saying "it's not Chuck, it's Charles Wolverine!" lol.

First time I remember Wolverine goning by James Howlett in the X-MEN films (besides Origins).

Laura calling Wolverine dying while he was dying was just heart wrenching.

Things kind of come full circle for the villains. Dude that we all thought would be Sinister is Stryker's son and he's the reason why there aren't anymore mutants.

This movie can really be seen as a standalone and even in another reality. People in the film talk about being fans of theirs and growing up watching them and stuff. They're like celebrities. I know that Jackman is done but if it were the case that he wasn't, they could easily say that he didn't really die and that he needed more time to regenerate or that with Charles dead his healing factor isn't effected.

There were discussions about the adamantium bullet. I don't believe it would've killed Wolverine prior to this film. But in this weakened state it would've. X-24 isn't a flawless copy of Wolverine. His healing factor is almost as bad as Logan's at the beginning of the film. All the things that put him down are things Wolverine would've just shook off.

Man.. I don't even think he says "bub" throughout the entire film.

Movie was amazing!

Last edited:
TDK only gets all the glory because of Heath. Take him away from the equation and it wouldn't be as good as most people claim. Bale was a solid Batman but even in TDKR I wasn't emotionally invested in him despite being straight whipped by Bane. But that's just my opinion on it.

Last edited:
The movie was pretty good,
7/10.
bro you let yourself hate fox so much you're honestly wilding out.

I don't think the film had to waste time holding hands for simple things the viewer could easily infer.
basically this
if you guys are wondering what happened between the years so bad i think youre missing the point

Amel outchea making his last stand I see
the hate is strong, he didnt want to olike it so much he really thinks it was a subpar movie. we no longer listen to him

Okay pretty good movie. 8/10. I really disliked that he was weak, dying and already not healing...without any explanation as to why. I thought that'd be a big part of the movie. I definitely thought he had an adamantium bullet somewhere in his body that was weakening his normal healing abilities and he left it in because he wanted to start dying. Thought at that point where he went through the woods at the end he'd stab himself, pull that out, double down with the green juice and go absolute ham. Thought it'd end with the adamantium bullet taking out him and the look alike through some sort of self sacrifice.

how can you dislike he was weak, that was the point of the plot...i swear you dudes are reachin hard.....he half explained it, even in the wolverine he had his healing taken away awhile it's not that far fetched..
TDK only gets all the glory because of Heath. Take him away from the equation and it wouldn't be as good as most people claim. Bale was a solid Batman but even in TDKR I was emotionally invested in him despite being straight whipped by Bane. But that's just my opinion on it.
This exactly.
Heath gets the glory that film although two face had the more compelling story, the rise and fall of Harvey Dent, TDK again was a great overall movie. it really is a toss up

If y'all ain't see it then that's on y'all. You know what it is coming into a movie thread after a movie comes out but you still come in lol

lol i learned my lesson and moved all the way to asia just to see em first lol

Got a chance to see it today. Movie was great. I think Fox has found their niche with these rated R CBM's and should stick to it. If Deadpool and this movie can generate around the same box office numbers as those pg-13 movies why not just keep it at R?

Tdogg, of course you'd think I'm hating. I gave the movie a solid score, and I'm going on record that this is the 3rd best comic book movie fox has put out, below just Deadpool and First Class. But I'm hating. Cmon now. I'm sorry that I'm not in love with the movie as you are. :lol:

I wonder how much you would slander me if I had said Logan was trash [emoji]129300[/emoji]

Last edited:
you conduced that you were going to hate this film so much, on top of knowing you had a bet and praying it didnt do well, you went inalready in picky mode, on top of reading the reviews/spoilers on here. shame man, shame

Yea I thought I was going to hate the film. I was wrong. I didn't love it though. But yea, it was solid.

Still hate the fox organization with a passion. Don't think they have a clue at all about how to maximize FF and XMen to their fullest potential as a franchise.

But again, just because I dislike Fox doesn't mean I won't acknowledge when they put out good films.

Its like knowing that a particular sports team sucks **** but I can still acknowledge when they have good games.

Like if the Knicks beat the warriors by twenty tomorrow, I can be like, 'damn, they had a great game,' but it's not going to change my mind that the Knicks as an organization (from management to coaching) sucks and that leadership should change.

Last edited:
Yea I thought I was going to hate the film. I was wrong. I didn't love it though. But yea, it was solid.

Still hate the fox organization with a passion. Don't think they have a clue at all about how to maximize FF and XMen to their fullest potential as a franchise.

But again, just because I dislike Fox doesn't mean I won't acknowledge when they put out good films.

Its like knowing that a particular sports team sucks **** but I can still acknowledge when they have good games.

If it had a flashback with him and Cap, instant classic amirite?

Okay pretty good movie. 8/10. I really disliked that he was weak, dying and already not healing...without any explanation as to why. I thought that'd be a big part of the movie. I definitely thought he had an adamantium bullet somewhere in his body that was weakening his normal healing abilities and he left it in because he wanted to start dying. Thought at that point where he went through the woods at the end he'd stab himself, pull that out, double down with the green juice and go absolute ham. Thought it'd end with the adamantium bullet taking out him and the look alike through some sort of self sacrifice.

You guys need an explanation with graphics and all for the simplest things man....this is an aging Wolverine, dude is like 250 years old by now....THAT is why his healing factor is fading....nowhere did it day Wolverine was immortal.

Back
Top Bottom