Forget the fact that he's a Wizard for a second...John Wall's rookie season

im not you

Banned
john-wall-guard-and-no-1-pick-in-the-nba-draft-for-washington-wizards-wears-cprime-1.jpeg

Scoring wise he's taking a huge dip from 20 to 15 since the injuries started but this dude routinely racks up assists even when he doesn't shoot well. And that's with a team full of awful shoot first guys.

Just an observation w/ his rookie year and other top PG's

John Wall Rookie Season (so far) - 15.2 points, 9.2 assists, 3.8 rebounds, 1.8 steals in 36.9 mins/game

Chris Paul - 16.1 points, 7.8 assists, 5.1 rebounds, 2.2 steals in 36 mins/game

Deron Williams - 10.8 points, 4.5 assists, 2.4 rebounds, .8 steals in  28.8 mins/game

Derrick Rose - 16.8 points, 6.3 assists, 3.9 rebounds, .8 steals in 37 mins/game

Rajon Rondo - 6.4 points, 3.8 assists, 3.7 rebounds, 1.6 steals in 23.5 mins/game

Russell Westbrook - 15.3 points, 5.3 assists, 4.9 rebounds, 1.3 steals in 32.5 mins/game

No point in listing Nash here...he barely played rookie season.

Just for kicks

Magic Johnson - 18 points, 7.3 assists, 7.7 rebounds, 2.4 steals in 36.3 mins/game

John Stockton - 5.6 points, 5.1 assists, 1.3 rebounds, 1.3 steals in 18.2 mins/game

Barring injury...we might be looking at the next All Time Assist leader. 

With this influx of guards in the league (and the ones on the way)...realistically where do you John Wall amongst NBA PG's in 5 years? 

john-wall-guard-and-no-1-pick-in-the-nba-draft-for-washington-wizards-wears-cprime-1.jpeg

Scoring wise he's taking a huge dip from 20 to 15 since the injuries started but this dude routinely racks up assists even when he doesn't shoot well. And that's with a team full of awful shoot first guys.

Just an observation w/ his rookie year and other top PG's

John Wall Rookie Season (so far) - 15.2 points, 9.2 assists, 3.8 rebounds, 1.8 steals in 36.9 mins/game

Chris Paul - 16.1 points, 7.8 assists, 5.1 rebounds, 2.2 steals in 36 mins/game

Deron Williams - 10.8 points, 4.5 assists, 2.4 rebounds, .8 steals in  28.8 mins/game

Derrick Rose - 16.8 points, 6.3 assists, 3.9 rebounds, .8 steals in 37 mins/game

Rajon Rondo - 6.4 points, 3.8 assists, 3.7 rebounds, 1.6 steals in 23.5 mins/game

Russell Westbrook - 15.3 points, 5.3 assists, 4.9 rebounds, 1.3 steals in 32.5 mins/game

No point in listing Nash here...he barely played rookie season.

Just for kicks

Magic Johnson - 18 points, 7.3 assists, 7.7 rebounds, 2.4 steals in 36.3 mins/game

John Stockton - 5.6 points, 5.1 assists, 1.3 rebounds, 1.3 steals in 18.2 mins/game

With this influx of guards in the league (and the ones on the way)...realistically where do you John Wall amongst NBA PG's in 5 years? 

He's an AMAZING playmaker....his season is being overshadowed by Blake Griffin's exploits. But don't get it twisted....dude has more than lived up to his billing as the #1 pick. As a PG, I can see him being the best in the NBA in about 5 years. He's got to improve his jumper (and that will come), but he's already a great distributor, a true leader, and one of the best defenders at the PG spot.

He's an AMAZING playmaker....his season is being overshadowed by Blake Griffin's exploits. But don't get it twisted....dude has more than lived up to his billing as the #1 pick. As a PG, I can see him being the best in the NBA in about 5 years. He's got to improve his jumper (and that will come), but he's already a great distributor, a true leader, and one of the best defenders at the PG spot.

if he stays injury free, I think him + Westbrook + Rose will be the top 3 PGs in the league.

or at least top 5, I think CP3 and Deron will be good for a while longer, but wow at his #s. If it wasn't for Blake's monster output, we'd be taking about Wall a lot more.

if he stays injury free, I think him + Westbrook + Rose will be the top 3 PGs in the league.

or at least top 5, I think CP3 and Deron will be good for a while longer, but wow at his #s. If it wasn't for Blake's monster output, we'd be taking about Wall a lot more.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Im Not You

He's a rookie, a lot more can happen than just injuries to deter a great career.
That's really my only complaint with your post, let him play a few years before we have that kind of expectation. His assist numbers are damn impressive considering the cast of players they have surrounding him right now. I'm really looking forward to seeing what he can do when they bring in the talent to build around him. 

I've been very impressed with him and he'll continue to get better... in five years time he can easily be a top 3 PG

Originally Posted by Im Not You

He's a rookie, a lot more can happen than just injuries to deter a great career.
That's really my only complaint with your post, let him play a few years before we have that kind of expectation. His assist numbers are damn impressive considering the cast of players they have surrounding him right now. I'm really looking forward to seeing what he can do when they bring in the talent to build around him. 

I've been very impressed with him and he'll continue to get better... in five years time he can easily be a top 3 PG

He's an AMAZING playmaker....his season is being overshadowed by Blake Griffin's exploits.
this. If Blake wasn't blowing up and balling out of this solar system, John Wall would be getting SO MUCH MORE hype/publicity...dude is quietly balling hard on a HORRIBLE team....just think if he actually had another play maker.....

He's an AMAZING playmaker....his season is being overshadowed by Blake Griffin's exploits.
this. If Blake wasn't blowing up and balling out of this solar system, John Wall would be getting SO MUCH MORE hype/publicity...dude is quietly balling hard on a HORRIBLE team....just think if he actually had another play maker.....

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

I agree with all this. Just hope he ain't injury prone cuz he plays like D-Wade used to, flying around all over the place and hitting the floor hard
grin.gif
 and also the Wizards have been terrible at convincing good free agents to come play here so they are truly gonna have to draft well and hope these players pan out

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

I agree with all this. Just hope he ain't injury prone cuz he plays like D-Wade used to, flying around all over the place and hitting the floor hard
grin.gif
 and also the Wizards have been terrible at convincing good free agents to come play here so they are truly gonna have to draft well and hope these players pan out

When is the last time we had a real opportunity to shop around during free agency? The last REAL time was 03-04 and that's when we signed Gilbert. Everything after that the team locked up its core in Arenas, Butler, and Jamison. The upcoming years will be the first real opportunity to be legit players in FA. They COULD have dabbled last summer but most guys stayed with their teams anyway (except the 3 obvious). I don't think we have a problem at all getting players to come here. Things are just different these days and FA is approached differently. Everyone's trying to form these super teams or staying with their OG teams so they can get more $$$.

When is the last time we had a real opportunity to shop around during free agency? The last REAL time was 03-04 and that's when we signed Gilbert. Everything after that the team locked up its core in Arenas, Butler, and Jamison. The upcoming years will be the first real opportunity to be legit players in FA. They COULD have dabbled last summer but most guys stayed with their teams anyway (except the 3 obvious). I don't think we have a problem at all getting players to come here. Things are just different these days and FA is approached differently. Everyone's trying to form these super teams or staying with their OG teams so they can get more $$$.

That crap from earlier by Flip "never be the same again" and all that.  Is that all cleared up now?  His knee is fine, no permanent damage or anything?  Just a blip to this point?

That crap from earlier by Flip "never be the same again" and all that.  Is that all cleared up now?  His knee is fine, no permanent damage or anything?  Just a blip to this point?

in five years time he can easily be a top 3 PG
I say that that can happen in 2 years. He gets a jumper and stays healthy and learns to slow down at times. he'll be right there.

He and Rose could develop a nice little rivalry if the Wizards every get a team around him.

(& Stockton averaged 10.5 assists over a 19 year career and missed 22 games in his entire career. Wall already has missed, what? 12? Wall can have a great career but he's not touching that record)

in five years time he can easily be a top 3 PG
I say that that can happen in 2 years. He gets a jumper and stays healthy and learns to slow down at times. he'll be right there.

He and Rose could develop a nice little rivalry if the Wizards every get a team around him.

(& Stockton averaged 10.5 assists over a 19 year career and missed 22 games in his entire career. Wall already has missed, what? 12? Wall can have a great career but he's not touching that record)

The top PG in the league thanks to his athleticism, size and playmaking abilities.

Back
Top Bottom