FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

IMG_20180804_204651.jpg

Made sushi the other night for the first time ever.

A few things.
- I didn't buy sushi rice and used the basmati rice I had, big mistake. Rice didn't come out as sticky as desired. Made rolling a bit difficult because the rice spilled out.
- I didn't find sushi grade raw salmon, so I bought salmon and seared it quickly, not bad, but next time I will make sure most ingredients cool off before putting it on the nori.

Not bad though.
As you found out, the rice is the key ingredient for good sushi. Training to become a master sushi chef begins with the first 5 yrs just making the rice... over & over & over...

Edit - I've never made sushi at home but a few family/friends of mine that have said they used the recipe from this vid...

Last edited:
Went to Wahlburger in Vegas and it was just ok. Reminds me of Shake Shack with the small portions.
I mean shake shack portions are small as ****

idk how much smaller you can get :lol:

still never had it though after a bunch of people told me they didn't like it

decided to get some blaze pizza today and it was bangin... had grilled chicken, pepperoni, Italian sausage, bell peppers and red onion on that joint...brought it back to work cuz i had a diet soda in the fridge... man yall were right i feel way too full and just ate way too much for lunch since i finished the pizza... when they were putting the meat options i was like ya put a lil more :lol:

lesson learned never eat that much again for lunch :smh:

Mumbosauce

I've had variations of this sauce in all parts of nyc. You def put it on chicken, rice or pork ribs. But I wouldn't say it's a DC thing. Maybe a east coast thing.

Chime in...

Last edited:
Korean shorty at work brought me a gift

E3111459-50B4-4F2A-9384-77DC8AF537B0.jpeg

Attachments

• BEF4BA07-1084-43C6-8E6E-F15D64C3CA7C.jpeg
    BEF4BA07-1084-43C6-8E6E-F15D64C3CA7C.jpeg
    251.9 KB · Views: 2
Maybe bcs I'm second generation, but I never saw nothing like that even when I went to the Korean grocery store. Maybe my moms wasn't checking for that... Still, I ain't down to eat no bugs, especially canned bugs especially since I ain't stranded on an island or in the wilderness.

:lol::lol::lol:

I haven't tried them yet, she said they're kinda sweet. Her mom has cooked with them before but she said she eat them joints straight out the can.

Came up in conversation cuz we were talking about how they eat chitlins but differently from Americans and it somehow ended up on bugs and chicken feet :lol:

Black ants taste like bananas by the way.

:lol::lol::lol:

I haven't tried them yet, she said they're kinda sweet. Her mom has cooked with them before but she said she eat them joints straight out the can.

Came up in conversation cuz we were talking about how they eat chitlins but differently from Americans and it somehow ended up on bugs and chicken feet :lol:

Black ants taste like bananas by the way.

Y’all are not spiders or frogs to be eating these bugs. Straight up disgusting you even ate a ant.

^ i actually like hot sauce so i can take the heat...horseradish just has a bad after taste thats hard to explain... i dont like it but if you do then cool... to each their own

Back
Top Bottom