FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Man, I do not understand why companies allow pics of lightskinned chickens to be posted. WHO THINKS THAT stuff looks good man.

Example

Man, I do not understand why companies allow pics of lightskinned chickens to be posted. WHO THINKS THAT stuff looks good man.

Example

I don't care if it's lightskinned or darkskinned, oven baked chicken just isn't the tastiest meat option out there.

I get that it has its virtues for being easy to make and healthy, but I've never met a person who was crazy about oven-baked/rotisserie chicken.

Unless it's fried, chicken is at the bottom of my list of meats to order when I'm out at a restaurant.

Looks very good. Hopefully that bunis dipped in some type of juices because it could end up as a choke sandwich
Nah, b. That's a ciabatta from Balthazar. All of their sandwiches come on Balthazar ciabatta/seeded hero/rye. Easily the best bread I've ever had (also confirmed by Adam Richman here):

The insides are brushed with clarified butter and thrown on a cast iron to crisp it up. That's all it needs.

??

roasted chicken is delicious. do it myself pretty often.
Would you prefer it over a nice cut of steak? porchetta? slow-cooked/braised meats? smoked meats? etc.

Better yet, would you ever order it at a restaurant if there were other meat options available?

The only meat option I could see myself passing up in favor of roasted chicken is a pork chop, but that's only because they're notoriously dry.

Would you prefer it over a nice cut of steak? porchetta? slow-cooked/braised meats? smoked meats? etc.

Better yet, would you ever order it at a restaurant if there were other meat options available?

The only meat option I could see myself passing up in favor of roasted chicken is a pork chop, but that's only because they're notoriously dry.

Variety is the spice of life.

I agree with you for the most part though lol. But I do enjoy Peruvian chicken with some aji verde

i'd prefer a cut of steak over roast chicken. but im not gonna eat steak everyday :lol:

beef, chicken, and pork are all meats that are a part of my diet.

i dont really recall seeing whole roast chickens at restaurants ive been to.

but i'll get chicken dishes.

i'd prefer a cut of steak over roast chicken. but im not gonna eat steak everyday :lol:

beef, chicken, and pork are all meats that are a part of my diet.

i dont really recall seeing whole roast chickens at restaurants ive been to.

but i'll get chicken dishes.
While they might not be offering an entire roast chicken, there are a ton of restaurants offering baked chicken dishes out there.

I'll take a braised, fried, or smoked chicken dish, but baked/roasted chicken dishes are rarely moist, juicy, or better than something I could do on my own time.

My diet is much healthier at home, but if I'm eating out I'm treating myself to something a little more decadent. Roasted/baked chicken doesn't exactly hit the spot in that context.

Those Peruvian spots in the area are always hittin, ive never been disappointed with crisp n juicy.

But I'll take beef/pork over chicken any day of the week.

Back
Top Bottom