FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

njavier03 njavier03

Tambayan – Filipino food

DiverXO – Michelin starred (Reservations needed)

Pante Madrid – Modern Mediterranean cuisine

Amazonico Madrid – Jungle themed, w/ Latin American fusion.

Restaurant Botin – The world’s oldest restaurant, lamb amazing (reservations is recommended)

Vinitus Tapas – one of my fav place

La Gloria

Pez Tortilla – unique tortilla de patatas w/fillings

La Bola – Traditional cocido madrileño

La Tasquería – offal dishes

Malacatín – cocido madrileño

Casa Lucio – Famous for huevos rotos

Mercado de la Cebada – street food

Found this Desi Fusion spot in London. I was worried because I didn’t see any Desi folks in the back.

But this probably the most flavorable Desi spot yet.

Tandoor roasted squash

Seekh kebab roll, green chutney & pomegranate

Butter chicken naan (Chicken was stuffed in the inside)

Nimbu masala fries

Hot Honey Chicken, tender chicken breast pieces, with pickled swede and pickled red onions, Curry leaf sauce, yoghurt and fresh corlander

IMG_7022.jpeg
IMG_7021.jpeg

njavier03 njavier03

Tambayan – Filipino food

DiverXO – Michelin starred (Reservations needed)

Pante Madrid – Modern Mediterranean cuisine

Amazonico Madrid – Jungle themed, w/ Latin American fusion.

Restaurant Botin – The world’s oldest restaurant, lamb amazing (reservations is recommended)

Vinitus Tapas – one of my fav place

La Gloria

Pez Tortilla – unique tortilla de patatas w/fillings

La Bola – Traditional cocido madrileño

La Tasquería – offal dishes

Malacatín – cocido madrileño

Casa Lucio – Famous for huevos rotos

Mercado de la Cebada – street food

Thank you!

How was it?
A lot of food, but really good. Sauerbraten was fork tender and had a really nice sweet/sour balance between the marinade and gingersnap gravy. Jaegerschnitzel was crispy as he’ll, but I wish the mushrooms were sliced a bit more to even out the distro. Weisswurst really surprised me—a full veal sausage seasoned really nicely. When you added the sauerkraut and the mustard it really hit. Red cabbage was perfect and the spaetzle was nice and buttery with the perfect texture.

Also had some currywurst and pretzel rolls before the meal that we all enjoyed. Unanimous verdict was that we’d all go back and do it again next Oktoberfest.

Stl was trash. Only highlight was the Rawlings experience. Got my boys some gear. Best food was at my hotel. The short rib was bomb.

Stayed away from imos because there was no rating above 3.0. I’m not about that food poisoning life.

Went to sugar fire 6/10
Salt and smoke 3/10 brisket was tough as hell had to get another cut. But mushrooms were good

IMG_0816.jpeg
IMG_0811.jpeg
IMG_0806.jpeg
IMG_0809.jpeg
IMG_0808.jpeg
IMG_0797.jpeg
IMG_0798.jpeg
IMG_0792.jpeg
IMG_0778.jpeg
IMG_0768.jpeg

You know when the city’s food it’s most known for is St. Louis slingers that their taste buds are lacking :lol:

Went to Chicken in a Barrel this past weekend in Lake Tahoe.

Barbecue chicken with brown rice and chili.
IMG_5549.jpeg

The chicken had very good flavor. I couldn’t do anything with the chili though. I added salt and pepper, nothing. Tried to spice it up with tapatio, still didn’t do anything.

I’ve had both.

Insomnia tasted like good cookies but nothing special

Crumbl tastes different and special, but you gotta be down for that underbaked cookie aspect. Those are my personal favorites.

Friend I stayed with in NY last weekend lives in the building next to the Crumbl in Chelsea. Says there’s always a line around the corne, but there’s a much better cookie joint like one block up that never gets nearly the same attention.

Back
Top Bottom