FOOD THREAD VOL. GRUB LIFE

Vernick Fish most excellent.

Sourdough with nori butter
IMG_2155.jpeg

Yellowtail crudo with watermelon aguachile, black lime, and mint and sea bream crudo with green tomato, lime leaf aioli, and chives
IMG_2156.jpeg

Grilled black sea bass with dashi, charred eggplant, enoki mushrooms, and nori oil
IMG_2158.jpeg

Eggplant milanese with red pepper foundue and grated piave
IMG_2159.jpeg

Olive oil poached halibut in tomato broth, goldbar squash, and Jimmy Nardello peppers
IMG_7086.jpeg

Walked over to Franklin Fountain for dessert. Got a scoop of pistachio and a scoop of honeycomb
IMG_2160.jpeg

SC kid SC kid

If you had to give your Fruit Rush Mountmore , what would it look like and Why?

I come in peace.

Peach - I could eat a peach for hours.
Bananas - just a staple, although I’d pick the basically extinct Big Mike not the inferior one we have now.
Some sort of berry - not a lot beats a fresh raspberry. Could convince me to put strawberry here.
Watermelon. Can’t beat a fresh melon on a hot day.
Honorable mention to cucumber - I’ve always loved it.

No fr.
I have... questions.

I stole that line from Terry Wogan. He used to do the morning radio programme on BBC Radio 2 (BBC Radio 1 - where he worked when he was younger - plays more contemporary music, Radio 2 is for an older audience).

He was very funny and used to have this whole bit about that being the only way to eat a good peach - used to get him in trouble with the more conservative listeners for being crude.

IMG_4723.jpeg

First time eating Balkan area style food. Owner is Bosnian.

Breakfast Sammy (ham, cucumber, tomato, Swiss, croissant)

Turkish style coffee was a first for me. Strong *** coffee beans in the bottom of this pot. I guess the process is, you put the sugar in the bottom of your cup first, then stir the coffee, then pour into the little cup, then cream. Then enjoy.

Not sure of how anuthentic any of this is, I’m just repeating the tutorial. Tasted like a super strong espresso and really really good. Anyone with Balkan roots care to chime in?

Just the 3 of us on vacation so picked up some decent looking steaks.

There aren’t a lot of utensils/pans here (don’t worry though I brought my temperature fork - just out of shot) so giving these a sear on the flat thing and then in the oven to get them up to temperature.

IMG_0807.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom